Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

Hi to all FE,

Here's the list as I have it. If you're participating, please look at it and let me know of any omissions, corrections, or additions. Feel free to email me, lbolt123@gmail.com.

Some may be sailing the 7 night British Isles prior to the WBTA and, so, the cutoff for both groups is August 1, 2019. This a little earlier than normal but I hope you don't mind.

Summer will pass quickly. See you soon!

P.S.
I apologize for not watching the thread as closely as I should. I recently retired and spent a week celebrating in WDW. Now, it's time to make the gifts and get ready for both cruises.

Attachments

• Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC.xlsx - Sheet1.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 16
Sorry for being so slow in responding. The Dorset Tours staff told me to make the earliest possible reservation for Stonehenge, which was noon. She said that as long as you have a ticket for that day, you'll be able to get in. I suspect that the cruise lines reserve huge blocks in the morning for their excursions, and the Stonehenge staff is willing to be flexible for the small local tour operators.

Well I thought I had all our excursions picked out but the port change removed the one we had chosen. Thinking about doing a non DCL port adventure. Now looking to do Blarney castle but would love to see kinsale too.

Sorry for being so slow in responding. The Dorset Tours staff told me to make the earliest possible reservation for Stonehenge, which was noon. She said that as long as you have a ticket for that day, you'll be able to get in. I suspect that the cruise lines reserve huge blocks in the morning for their excursions, and the Stonehenge staff is willing to be flexible for the small local tour operators.
I got the same information, but by the time I got the information the tour was all sold out. I'm so bummed. I really wanted to do this tour.

Looking at the last 2 years' WBTA Navigators there was one formal night, one semi-formal night, and the pirate night. All other nights were cruise casual. They were both an 11 night cruise whereas ours is 10, so I doubt there will be more than one formal night.
For the past few WBTAs there has only been 1 formal night and it was the second night of the cruise. When the WBTAs were 14 nights, they had 2 formals and 1 semi-formal. Hope this helps.

Hi everyone!
I have been on 10 DCL cruises- mostly the longer ones. My husband and I booked this a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully DCL air came through with very good airfare.

I was on the EBTA in 2017 so been to a few of these ports.

We are flying into Heathrow on Saturday and staying at the Doubletree Victoria Court so we can pick up DCL transport there.

Since this is a "last minute" trip so we are acting like rookies and letting DCL handle the transport.

Hi All! Me, my wife and my oldest daughter are booked on this cruise. We are all excited. We have sailed on many DCL cruises since 1999. Our most memorable cruise was the 2008 east bound Panama Canal from LA to Florida. Hope to get to know a few of our fellow cruisers prior to our sailing. We arrive in London on September 13th. We are staying at the Waldorf Hilton for 2 nights. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip!

PS. That is me and my brother-in-law Jack on the Buzz Light year ride.

Peter- Hey! We were on the EBTA together in 2008. Y'all's costumes were AMAZING!!

The others in our pirate group (Roger, Todd, Monica etc) have all cruised together many times.

Coral

So, I just booked my activities, etc. for this cruise. I was super bummed that I was not able to get a Palo brunch. In 6 cruises I've never eaten there. Actually, I've never really tried all that hard on a cruise before to book it (although when I have looked, nothing was ever available). But, I thought with being gold and having 5 sea days, I shouldn't have a problem booking it for this cruise. Only one day says it is sold out, but I still couldn't book. I wonder if it is because there is only one of me and they don't want to give up a table to just one person. :(

So, I just booked my activities, etc. for this cruise. I was super bummed that I was not able to get a Palo brunch. In 6 cruises I've never eaten there. Actually, I've never really tried all that hard on a cruise before to book it (although when I have looked, nothing was ever available). But, I thought with being gold and having 5 sea days, I shouldn't have a problem booking it for this cruise. Only one day says it is sold out, but I still couldn't book. I wonder if it is because there is only one of me and they don't want to give up a table to just one person. :(
They may have allotted a certain number otables for pre-cruise reservations. You may be able to book when you arrive on the ship or during the cruise.

DW & I booked through DVC - flying in on Friday. We're from Orlando, Staying at the Doubletree in London. Cabin 7536

Hi everyone!
I have been on 10 DCL cruises- mostly the longer ones. My husband and I booked this a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully DCL air came through with very good airfare.

I was on the EBTA in 2017 so been to a few of these ports.

We are flying into Heathrow on Saturday and staying at the Doubletree Victoria Court so we can pick up DCL transport there.

Since this is a "last minute" trip so we are acting like rookies and letting DCL handle the transport.
Are they providing transportation from the Doubletree and how do you book this? When I asked the CM was clueless. Do I ask for the Central London pick up. Also do you have to stay at the Double tree to be picked up there.

Hi, I’m not sure if you got my email but I didn’t see my info on your FE list. If it’s not too late, please add me:
Robyn
Rm#7050
1 Adult
Fav Character: Mickey Mouse
Again, I apologize for missing this. Please check that I have it correctly.

Attachments

• Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC - Sheet1 as of 060919.pdf
    34.3 KB · Views: 3
To all interested in participating in our Fish Extender group, here's the latest list. Any corrections or additions, please post here or email me, lbolt123@gmai.com.

Attachments

• Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC - Sheet1 as of 060919.pdf
    34.3 KB · Views: 9
    34.3 KB · Views: 13
They say earliest is 12 but do not want to feel too rushed. Was hoping someone might have some first hand experience.

I have experience with NYC, here is my advise, plan for everything to take forever! It probably won't, but if there is a traffic accident that backs up the road on the way to JFK (or any other of the airports for that matter) you can be in big trouble. If there is a street festival that is taking up a few streets, it can add 30 minutes to your ride (thank goodness for flat rate taxi rides to and from the airports!!!). With that said if you plan to leave the ship and go directly to the airport, I would personally be comfortable with at 2:30pm flight. I would be stressed with a 12:00pm flight. It's likely you could make it, but it's likely you might not as well! If you have any other NYC airport questions, or NYC in general I'd be happy to help.

I have experience with NYC, here is my advise, plan for everything to take forever! It probably won't, but if there is a traffic accident that backs up the road on the way to JFK (or any other of the airports for that matter) you can be in big trouble. If there is a street festival that is taking up a few streets, it can add 30 minutes to your ride (thank goodness for flat rate taxi rides to and from the airports!!!). With that said if you plan to leave the ship and go directly to the airport, I would personally be comfortable with at 2:30pm flight. I would be stressed with a 12:00pm flight. It's likely you could make it, but it's likely you might not as well! If you have any other NYC airport questions, or NYC in general I'd be happy to help.

Thank you! We ended up with a 3:30. Glad to know we made the better call.

Thank you! We ended up with a 3:30. Glad to know we made the better call.
Good plan! Like any massive airport, remember to arrive early to check all that 10 day cruising luggage! If I have a choice I prefer to only to carry on out of JFK because lines can be long. That 2 hours ahead rule really can apply in NYC. As an aside, make sure to use a legit licensed cab( if your not using lyft or uber). NYC regulates cabs strictly to maintain safety. Look for the ones with the NYC cab regulation seal (medallion) and registration number and phone number. If you are unsure if its a legit cab, you are allowed to ask, and if it's legit, they will show you the license. You have rights as a cab rider, it's law in NYC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!