Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

Was excited when I saw gty rates for this cruise until I discovered it would be cheaper to book an actual ocean view or verandah instead of the ogt/vgt rate.

Was excited when I saw gty rates for this cruise until I discovered it would be cheaper to book an actual ocean view or verandah instead of the ogt/vgt rate.
There's no GT rates for this cruise. If they release those it would most likely be after the paid in full date. Rooms would be discounted about 20% off the current price.

There's no GT rates for this cruise. If they release those it would most likely be after the paid in full date. Rooms would be discounted about 20% off the current price.
Yep, realized my mistake, they’re guarantee not the gty rates yet.

Yep, realized my mistake, they’re guarantee not the gty rates yet.
Actually it's the opposite. They're GTY not guarantee. When they release GT rates they will say "guarantee with restrictions" and they will be non refundable and discounted about 20%. On my last Disney cruise there was I guy at the onboard booking desk throwing a fit because all he could get was a GTY rate for the room category he wanted. The cruise was over a year out. A GTY rate only means the category is close to sold out and you will get a room in that category or above. It's not discounted. Some people book these rooms hoping for an upgrade.

The onboard booking agent convinced him he would get a room in that category which was a totally lie. I really wanted to open my mouth and tell him otherwise, but he wasn't someone I felt like helping out. On the current cruise he was on deck 10 under the pool deck which is the most expensive of the verandah rooms, but he was unhappy with the noise. He was trying to book an aft cabin on a lower deck that was in GTY status. Well for his sake hopefully he doesn't get "upgraded" to deck 10 again. On the other hand he was such a jerk and being so rude...maybe he deserves it. He even offered to pay the cruise in full which was like 9k if she guaranteed him the room he wanted.

Hello everyone! My family and I are thinking of booking this cruise. We love cruising Disney and we’ve always wanted to visit England! The longest cruise we’ve done is 7 nights. We’re Gold CC Members and have been on every ship except the Wonder. We’ve never sailed a Transatlantic before. Is there anything super different about it?

Our plan would be to spend 3 or 4 days in and around London before the cruise. We’d like to stay longer, but with a 10 night cruise we’d rather not be away more than 2 weeks.

My husband, daughter (24) and I are booked on this cruise. We are going to drive around Scotland before the cruise.

Yes, that’s us! When you come to NJ again, let’s have a meet!:)

Bobbi, I can't believe I haven't been on the Disboards in forever (since last summer)! This cruise is now five months away (well almost)! I will have to get to OCNJ before then and get taffy for my candy exchange! I'll have to remember to message you before that happens. Hope all is well.

I usually exchange some $$ to have cash for incidentals that I can't use a card for. It can always be exchanged back (except for coinage) when you get home.
Wow, sorry I’ve been away so long. I have to check my notification options! I could visit our local bank branch to exchange. So, I’d need GBP, EUR, and CD. A few dollars of each is a good idea. It seems wasteful to pay the conversion fees again if we don’t spend it so we’ll try to use it!

Bobbi, I can't believe I haven't been on the Disboards in forever (since last summer)! This cruise is now five months away (well almost)! I will have to get to OCNJ before then and get taffy for my candy exchange! I'll have to remember to message you before that happens. Hope all is well.
I was at WDW when you posted this, so just saw this today! Yes, please do come.:)

Have been looking through port adventures in Cobh (Cork). Looking at the descreptions of some adventures, we will arrive at the Cobh cruise liner terminal, at the center of the small town.

I also was googling to do perhaps some stuff on my own and via some searches, I came on the website: Port of Cork, cruise schedule 2019.
On september 17 th we are together with The Nieuw Statendam in Cobh and according through the website The Magic will be mooring at Ringaskiddy Ferry Terminal i.s.o. Cobh cruise liner terminal.

Made some background (google) checks about Ringaskiddy but there is very little to do and only 1 public transportation every half hour.

It seems we are stuck with Port Adventures or stay on the boat!
Thank you for posting this. I am thinking about this cruise, but part of the reason was I was excited to be able to walk into Cobh and had plans of what I wanted to do. I just looked at where Ringaskiddy is, and it is not even close to Cobh. It doesn't even look like you can get a ferry from there over to Cobh. Now I'm not sure I want to book this cruise.

Hi,
I'm gathering names for a Fish Extender group. Please send me your stateroom number, names, and one favorite character and I'll update the list.

Always glad to see such seasoned cruisers!
Ok. I sent uyou our info.

Hi,
Is there room for one more on your FE list?:dumbo:
Of course. We'll be happy to have you. I absolutely need your stateroom number, but you're welcome to provide any of this as you wish.

Adult names, one favorite character
Children names, ages, one favorite character.

I'll post the list when I get home later so you can see the format. Feel free to email me, lbolt123@gmail.com.

Just dropping by to say hi! My husband and I are booked on this cruise and looking forward to it. Now, I have to go back and read all the pages of posts!

Just dropping by to say hi! My husband and I are booked on this cruise and looking forward to it. Now, I have to go back and read all the pages of posts!
Hi! Welcome!:welcome:

There’s still a lot of time before this cruise, but I am looking forward to being on the Magic again! We have only done EBTA where we had shorter days, I wonder how we will adjust to 25 hour days.:confused3

Of course. We'll be happy to have you. I absolutely need your stateroom number, but you're welcome to provide any of this as you wish.

Adult names, one favorite character
Children names, ages, one favorite character.

I'll post the list when I get home later so you can see the format. Feel free to email me, lbolt123@gmail.com.

Thank you. I will email you shortly.

Now that PIF is past, we’re starting to get plans firmed up.

We purchased a nine-day English Heritage Overseas Visitor Pass (£60 for two) that will cover admission to both Dover Castle and Stonehenge. Since the pass also covers admission to Apsley House, we’ll go there during our free time in London before the cruise.

We’ll be taking the bus from London to Dover that includes a stop at Dover Castle. It’s slower and more expensive than the train, but will pick us up at our hotel and drop us at the pier. I've learned that suitcases and the Tube are not always a good combination.

In Portland, we’ll be using Dorset Tours to get to Stonehenge and Salisbury – that’s booked, along with the separate tickets to Stonehenge.

PIF is past? Our TA has not contacted us, we are trying to connect.

She got in touch, and it’s being taken care of. Looking forward to this cruise, and visiting Paris and Normandy beforehand!

Last edited:
This was in an email today:

As you plan for your upcoming cruise, we want to let you know of a slight change in your cruise's scheduled itinerary. In Cork, Ireland, we will now be docking in Ringaskiddy instead of Cobh. Ringaskiddy is located within the Port of Cork harbor.

Does anyone know about Ringaskiddy? We had docked at Cobh over 20 years ago on Princess. I do not remember the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter