Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

This was in an email today:

As you plan for your upcoming cruise, we want to let you know of a slight change in your cruise's scheduled itinerary. In Cork, Ireland, we will now be docking in Ringaskiddy instead of Cobh. Ringaskiddy is located within the Port of Cork harbor.

Does anyone know about Ringaskiddy? We had docked at Cobh over 20 years ago on Princess. I do not remember the area.
@dclcruise2012 posted about this on here on March 12th. Because of this post, I have looked into it and there really is nothing in Ringaskiddy. Hopefully, DCL will provide transportation to Cobh because I was planning on walking around and doing things on my own there.

Now that PIF is past, we’re starting to get plans firmed up.

We purchased a nine-day English Heritage Overseas Visitor Pass (£60 for two) that will cover admission to both Dover Castle and Stonehenge. Since the pass also covers admission to Apsley House, we’ll go there during our free time in London before the cruise.

We’ll be taking the bus from London to Dover that includes a stop at Dover Castle. It’s slower and more expensive than the train, but will pick us up at our hotel and drop us at the pier. I've learned that suitcases and the Tube are not always a good combination.

In Portland, we’ll be using Dorset Tours to get to Stonehenge and Salisbury – that’s booked, along with the separate tickets to Stonehenge.

PIF is past? Our TA has not contacted us, we are trying to connect.

She got in touch, and it’s being taken care of. Looking forward to this cruise, and visiting Paris and Normandy beforehand!

Hi! You guys already had your PIF date for this cruise? When was your PIF date?
We are sailing and our PIF day is the 18th.
I just ran over to DCL too make sure I didn't miss it.
I was afraid my reservation was cancelled.

Hi! You guys already had your PIF date for this cruise? When was your PIF date?
We are sailing and our PIF day is the 18th.
I just ran over to DCL too make sure I didn't miss it.
I was afraid my reservation was cancelled.
Maybe when you use a TA our day has some built in leverage in case you miss the date?:confused3 I do not know, but we PIF this past week.

Maybe when you use a TA our day has some built in leverage in case you miss the date?:confused3 I do not know, but we PIF this past week.

Oh Ok, maybe.
I had switched a Bermuda cruise for this one several months ago.
Our PIF is at 120 days the same as our platinum 120 day mark to book activities.
I'm just glad I didn't miss the date.
Thank you!

I know we still have plenty of time, but when does the schedule of theme nights come out? Mostly wondering how many formal or semi-formal nights are on a ten-night cruise.

In Portland, we’ll be using Dorset Tours to get to Stonehenge and Salisbury – that’s booked, along with the separate tickets to Stonehenge.
I have had this tour bookmarked for quite some time, but wasn't sure if we were going to do this cruise or not. I've been in touch with the person via email from the tour, but she doesn't seem to understand my questions no matter how I word them. The only tickets available at this point at Stonehenge are at 12:00. What time are your tickets for Stonehenge booked? As we would be sharing this excursion with others, I'm not sure if I book 12:00 Stonehenge tickets that that would coincide with other people's tickets. There's no timeframe on actually what times we would be at Stonehenge and what times we would be at Salisbury so it makes it difficult to book the Stonehenge tickets.

Does anyone know about Ringaskiddy? We had docked at Cobh over 20 years ago on Princess. I do not remember the area.
I did find on Tom's Port Guides that it says that usually if a ship has to dock at Ringaskiddy they provide a ferry to Cobh (which is only 1.5 miles across the water). I hope this is the case.

Oh, forgot to add, to PP my PIF is also 5/18.

Last edited:
We visited Dover Castle on the 2017 EBTA. We found it very interesting.

B2848C20-FF8D-4B75-BAB8-F4C11DAE0A25.jpeg 500E62C1-D31D-4D0A-8063-F633150EE14D.jpeg 93A114B5-6491-41DC-898D-DE5577171797.jpeg B6B68D50-3511-4FEE-9F85-FB2DA6C88A70.jpeg 9FD50A21-0989-4240-A5E4-6F6025837357.jpeg 8E200684-9AF2-4CCB-825E-CE6DFB157510.jpegI appreciated how old it was!

2017 was the first time the Magic landed in Portland. I remember there had been a problem near London around that time. There were dogs sniffing as we came back from excursions. As we left there was a ceremony, a band and cannon salute and finally bagpipes playing Amazing Grace.

D683B0D0-029C-47BE-B4B1-041EC41C4AD7.jpeg 3E42F514-0F3D-49D5-9C45-FD33558BF131.jpeg 9B5FAE25-3084-4DD6-9BD9-391703822499.jpeg

I know we still have plenty of time, but when does the schedule of theme nights come out? Mostly wondering how many formal or semi-formal nights are on a ten-night cruise.

I saw today that Pirate Night is the 22nd (day 8)Sydney port day.
Looked but didn't see formal nights listed.
On our PC cruise in February, which was 14 nights we had 2 formals, don't know if they do this on a TA cruise or not.

I saw today that Pirate Night is the 22nd (day 8)Sydney port day.
Looked but didn't see formal nights listed.
On our PC cruise in February, which was 14 nights we had 2 formals, don't know if they do this on a TA cruise or not.

Is there a reason pirate night is on port days? Would be a lot more fun on a sea day. Always so tired from doing stuff on port days and then feel like you have to rush to make it to pirate shows. Makes for a long day.

Looking at the last 2 years' WBTA Navigators there was one formal night, one semi-formal night, and the pirate night. All other nights were cruise casual. They were both an 11 night cruise whereas ours is 10, so I doubt there will be more than one formal night.

Last edited:
Is there a reason pirate night is on port days? Would be a lot more fun on a sea day. Always so tired from doing stuff on port days and then feel like you have to rush to make it to pirate shows. Makes for a long day.

I'm not sure how they decide which night to pick for Pirate Night, maybe it has something to do with the fireworks and were they can shoot them off.

So, I was looking at Port Adventures for Ringaskiddy and comparing them to Cobh on the DCL website since booking windows open tonight for some (I'm not until June 2nd). So, not only are we docking at a crappier port, but because we are, all of the port adventures are more money (most are only a few dollars more per person, but some are almost $100 more per person). Anybody else extremely annoyed by this?

Last edited:
So, I was looking at Port Adventures for Ringaskiddy and comparing them to Cobh on the DCL website since booking windows open tonight for some (I'm not until June 2nd). So, not only are we docking at a crappier port, but because we are, all of the port adventures are more money (most are only a few dollars more per person, but some are almost $100 more per person). Anybody else extremely annoyed by this?

I just went in at picked our excursions and such.
Hadn't noticed it till I read your comment, Yes, I am annoyed that we are paying $15 more a person for The Blarney Castle tour. :rolleyes:

Very frustrated at the change of port. We had been to Cobh last year so this time were planning to catch the train to Cork. The bus from Ringaskiddy to Cork seems to take 50 minutes.

So I can't book until 90 days out. Is there anyone here who can book now? Can you share some screen shots of the available excursions and onboard activities?

So I can't book until 90 days out. Is there anyone here who can book now? Can you share some screen shots of the available excursions and onboard activities?

What are you looking for?
I booked our excursions last night?

What are you looking for?
I booked our excursions last night?
Thanks! I'm curious about onboard activities, particularly mixology and wine tasting options. I'm sure we'll book some excursions too, but I don't know enough to narrow it down. I know posting all the excursions would be take forever, but if you see any cool highlights that would be great.

champagne tasting available
whiskey tasting
cognac & wine available
royal court tea; rum tasting;
martini; tequila& margarita; VIP character breakfast
Bippity boutique available everyday
princess gathering every day
a couple mixology's are full and a couple champagne are full too.

Let me know if theres anything else you want to know :goodvibes

Of course. We'll be happy to have you. I absolutely need your stateroom number, but you're welcome to provide any of this as you wish.

Adult names, one favorite character
Children names, ages, one favorite character.

I'll post the list when I get home later so you can see the format. Feel free to email me, lbolt123@gmail.com.

I'm so sorry to take so long. Here's the list as I have it. Feel free to post here or email me, lbolt123@gmail.com.

Attachments

• Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC.xlsx - Sheet1.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts