Disney Magic Stateroom 6006 - category change ?

Thorb73

Tinkerelli and Pooh
Hello,
I recently checked for some staterooms on our upcoming EBTA cruise onboard the magic and found stateroom 6006 listed as an category 10A - deluxe inside stateroom.
Older deck plans and also state room reports show this room as beeing category 9A -deluxe oceanview.

Has anybody been recently in this stateroom and can confirm what it is ? Did DCL close the window o_O or what happened ? Or did I find another secret porthole room ?

At least I could not find any hint and calling DCL did not help at all.
Thanks!

Hello,
I recently checked for some staterooms on our upcoming EBTA cruise onboard the magic and found stateroom 6006 listed as an category 10A - deluxe inside stateroom.
Older deck plans and also state room reports show this room as beeing category 9A -deluxe oceanview.

Has anybody been recently in this stateroom and can confirm what it is ? Did DCL close the window o_O or what happened ? Or did I find another secret porthole room ?

Thanks!
I noted the same situation with room 6506- I'm not sure of the reason

Hello,

Thanks!
It's my understanding that DCL recently changed 6006 and 6506 from category 9 to category 10. Most likely due to the obstructed porthole. The porthole hasn't been blocked up, just another secret porthole room, you can't see out of.

Thanks for the reply- I may have booked one of these rooms:crazy:

Will the porthole be completely covered? Or will you be able to see out of it a bit?

Last edited:
I dug through my photos and am pretty sure that the red boxed porthole window is 6006 and you can clearly see the obstruction, which doesn't look too bad to me. I'd compare the price to the cabin right beside it (10A to 9A) and see if the price reduction is worth the obstruction. Also, clearly this is the Wonder, but I assume that the Magic would be the same.

DisneyWonder6006.JPG

Last edited:

I dug through my photos and am pretty sure that the red boxed porthole window is 6006 and you can clearly see the obstruction, which doesn't look too bad to me. I'd compare the price to the cabin right beside it (10A to 9A) and see if the price reduction is worth the obstruction. Also, clearly this is the Wonder, but I assume that the Magic would be the same.

View attachment 149281
I think that is the correct location also. Looking at the deck plans the HA room in the corner has a porthole, then two more rooms on 6 with no portholes judging from how the deck five porthole line up, then 6006. I could live with peeking through that steelwork. For our Thanksgiving cruise we have an 11a std inside, +$750 gets us to a dlx inside on a high deck, +$1250 gets us to an oceanvirw on a high deck. Since this one has been reclassified it saves $500.

Hi, I am looking to book stateroom 6006 on the Magic. Did you actually have a porthole? It looks like the room is different on different ships.
Thank you.

Okay then, the obstruction was *sometimes* gone when in port. We weren't in the room very much during the day to monitor the exact amount of time it was there/not there.

I don't think you can guarantee no obstruction in port. I took this picture View attachment 180557 in Liverpool last month and the obstruction was there whilst the ship was in port

Okay then, the obstruction was *sometimes* gone when in port. We weren't in the room very much during the day to monitor the exact amount of time it was there/not there.

That's because it's the motorized "scaffolding" used for cleaning windows/side of ship while in port. It runs down the rail and then back to lock up for the night.

We have 6506 booked on the Wonder to Alaska for my parents!! So excited that we were able to get it.... My dad was feeling claustrophobic about an inside room so I was lucky to find this!! We will be a few doors down...

We stayed in 6008 for 18 nights for a B2B recently on the Magic. It adjoins 6006 and it was a bit noisy.

How would this compare with 5522 if I booked 6506? I have stayed in 5520 but I think 5522 has more obstruction and I didn't like the noise from the Movie theater below us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!