Disney Marathon 2020 Course ... Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge?

Totally agree. I'm not sure if they could move start/finish to HS since I'm not sure how you would route the half course in that instance but I'm wondering if start/finish was at epcot could you do epcot to HS/GE and back to Epcot in a 10k?
I won't be surprised if they just move the 5K start/finish to DHS. That solves the 5K going through Galaxy's Edge issue.

Looking at the end of the marathon course, they could always start the 10K at Wide World of Sports and finish at Epcot.

Remembering back to the 2012 Wine & Dine Half, that started at Wide World of Sports, went through Animal Kingdom, a much bigger portion of DHS than I've run in 2 Star Wars 10K races, 2 Star Wars Half races, and the marathon, and still finished at Epcot.

I won't be surprised if they just move the 5K start/finish to DHS. That solves the 5K going through Galaxy's Edge issue.

Looking at the end of the marathon course, they could always start the 10K at Wide World of Sports and finish at Epcot.

Remembering back to the 2012 Wine & Dine Half, that started at Wide World of Sports, went through Animal Kingdom, a much bigger portion of DHS than I've run in 2 Star Wars 10K races, 2 Star Wars Half races, and the marathon, and still finished at Epcot.

When I hear WWOS I think back to year one of Star Wars WDW where it ended at WWOS and that did not go well at all. Maybe being the start would work better. Never done a race that started there.

I"m sure trackshack is likely having these exact same type of discussions.

Totally agree. I'm not sure if they could move start/finish to HS since I'm not sure how you would route the half course in that instance but I'm wondering if start/finish was at epcot could you do epcot to HS/GE and back to Epcot in a 10k?

They did something similar for the inaugural SWDS. It wasn’t an out and back, but the 10k and half both started in Epcot and finished in WWoS. Those courses were an absolutely crowded nightmare if you weren’t in the early corrals. It would be even worse as an out and back.

While I love the idea of running through Galaxy’s Edge, I just don’t see it happening. Disney is already worried about crowd levels there, and I don’t think they’re going to risk the disruption of the races running through there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts