Disney marathon race weekend

DVC_HK

Mouseketeer
My FIL loved our NYE trip so much he wants to come back down with us next year and run the half marathon with us. What are the chances at 11 months to get a room or should I start walking now? We are gonna try for our Riv points first then if have to use our SSR points

If you want a standard view RIV studio or a Tower studio, I would walk it for a few days to be sure. However a waitlist should give you the room you want, because at some poin this year DVC should do another declaration. Preferred view at RIV or all SSR studios shouldn't be a problem, but don't leave it for long, marathon week end is one of the busiest times for DVC (maybe surpassed only by the Wine and Dine half).

If you want a standard view RIV studio or a Tower studio, I would walk it for a few days to be sure. However a waitlist should give you the room you want, because at some poin this year DVC should do another declaration. Preferred view at RIV or all SSR studios shouldn't be a problem, but don't leave it for long, marathon week end is one of the busiest times for DVC (maybe surpassed only by the Wine and Dine half).
Thanks! I have yet to have an issue with Riv for Preferred views but wanting that standard to save points for our 50th trip. That one I will probably borrow a good bit and walk it to be sure I'm on property that Oct 1st

Thanks! I have yet to have an issue with Riv for Preferred views but wanting that standard to save points for our 50th trip. That one I will probably borrow a good bit and walk it to be sure I'm on property that Oct 1st
Oh I thought you wanted the January marathon week end, for wine and dine definitely walk it!

From what I’ve been reading, it sounds like a LOT of people are planning to be at MK for the 50th... & I’ll be one of them! 🥳 That may well end up being tougher to book than any other time we’ve experienced yet!!

From what I’ve been reading, it sounds like a LOT of people are planning to be at MK for the 50th... & I’ll be one of them! 🥳 That may well end up being tougher to book than any other time we’ve experienced yet!!
Agreed! 11 Month booking better not fail me now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter