Disney Marathons - Info needed.

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
I have located the website RunDisney for info about the marathons but is there a thread or forum here dedicated to that? I would like to try a 5k with my son in 2018 but it says they are all sold out unless you sign up and run for a cause. I can't find out how to contact the respective charities to figure out how to sign up through them. Completely new to the marathon thing.

I read somewhere that some marathons begin at 10pm. This would be ideal for me as Im a night owl. Sadly, I can't find any info on those.

Last edited:
I have located the website RunDisney for info about the marathons but is there a thread or forum here dedicated to that? I would like to try a 5k with my son in 2018 but it says they are all sold out unless you sign up and run for a cause. I can't find out how to contact the respective charities to figure out how to sign up through them. Completely new to the marathon thing.

I read somewhere that some marathons begin at 10pm. This would be ideal for me as Im a night owl. Sadly, I can't find any info on those.
Each charity is a little different.

As for night races Disney discontinued night races after 2015.

Most of the 2018 races haven't gone on sale yet. The only one that has is Marathon Weekend at Disney World in January 2018. The other ones that are sold out are still in 2017. If you're looking for one of the 5Ks for 2018, pick the one you're most interested in and make a calendar note of the date registrations go on sale, because they can sell quickly. All races go on sale on their date at noon Eastern time.

As for your second question, none of the races are at 10 pm anymore. A few used to be, but they've eliminated a couple of them completely and one was changed to morning.

The other ones that are sold out are still in 2017. If you're looking for one of the 5Ks for 2018, pick the one you're most interested in and make a calendar note of the date registrations go on sale, because they can sell quickly. All races go on sale on their date at noon Eastern time.

Oh this is good news. Where might I find a listing of where the marathons go on sale? I've read over the FAQ section and most of the site at RunDisney but can't seem to find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter