Disney Masks

Salf777

Mouseketeer
I have heard different things about Disney Masks, they run small, then I heard they have the sizing worked out.
Want to order for my wife and I for our upcoming trip
My wife is 5'2" and Im 5'7", both of us relatively small
I see there is an Adult Large and Adult Extra large, what size should I order from anyone who has used them?
Thanks

I would recommend not ordering them. I am also 5’7 and pretty small build and the large is too small for me. Wait till you get there and buy them there.

We have several -- we just left the parks with all kinds of masks! Apparently I have a smaller face because the adult Larges are too big for me. But then the mediums were too small. So I bought mediums and use these extenders from Amazon to make it fit more comfortably. But there are plenty in stores (and they're only $6) so you can always get a M and L and see which fits more comfortably once you're there!

Buy them there...

My grandson who is 5 wears a medium... and for me a large and DH - Xlarge...

I will say that I prefer the disposable mask for in the parks for sure... they are not as heavy on your face... and if you sweat alot... is something else to think about...

Did you find that you only wore one mask a day in the park? Or did you bring and use multiple? Trying to plan ahead. :)

I bought them online and was really disappointed. A four pack of large masks only had one large enough to fit me. The others were too small (but varied in size). As for comfort they aren't the worse, but not the best either. you can't adjust the ears and the ear loops are bulky. I had been wearing my Disney mask around but I've since purchased a cotton mask which is cut to fit better against the face and not hit you in the eye. It has adjustable loops as well. It's 100x more comfortable. I was nervous that it wouldn't protect well because it was so comfortable so I did a match test. I could blow a match out without difficulty wearing my Disney mask. I had to absolutely give it my all and couldn't with the more comfortable mask until the fourth try. I buy a lot of Disney merchandise but the masks are a no go for me :( Look at the reviews online....not good. I'd buy a cotton Disney print off of Etsy with adjustable loops and cut to fit the face if I had it to do over.

Did you find that you only wore one mask a day in the park? Or did you bring and use multiple? Trying to plan ahead. :)
I haven't been yet but I'm planning to take more than one each day. In case the one I'm wearing gets uncomfortable, dirty, wet, lost, etc.

I bought them on line too and am a 5'6" average (145lbs) female. The large barely fits. I called and complained and they are sending me extra large ones at no charge. They didn't have them when I ordered. DH is a large guy so no way would they fit.
As far as the mask is concerned, they are ok. The best ones I bought were at Sam's club. A package of 6 cotton ones for under $14.

They are the most comfortable masks we have tried by far.
I agree but I live in Texas and the Disney mask are hot.. I think because they are so thick.
The best mask we have used is Hanes mask.
They are sold at walmart and they wick moisture away well. They come in black and white

We wore a total of two each but probably could have switched them again. Last week, it was 99 when we pulled in and raining so humidity was high. I am used to wearing a mask and sweating all day (8+ hours) at work so there is no adjustment at all for me, but if you only wear one to the store on the regular, definitely bring several to switch out. It just feels nicer and fresher if that make sense.

We're going to the MK today and will pick up a few Disney masks while we're there. I just love the faces and the ride themed ones!

I have heard different things about Disney Masks, they run small, then I heard they have the sizing worked out.
Want to order for my wife and I for our upcoming trip
My wife is 5'2" and Im 5'7", both of us relatively small
I see there is an Adult Large and Adult Extra large, what size should I order from anyone who has used them?
Thanks

It all depends, I have a very small face so the larges are way to big on me so those are for my husband and son. I did apparently accidently ordered youth medium and thought it said adult medium. They actually fit my face no problem. I also bought a box of disposal mask to bring when we go in December just incase

I don't love mine. I am 6'3", bought a L in the park and couldn't wear it because it was so small on me. I ordered the XL's online after we got home and those fit much better, but they are thick, and the ear straps are too thick and just not very comfortable. They are also not consistently sized. I got a 4 pack of Star Wars ones, and 1 of them is noticeably smaller than the other 3. I'll still wear them, but those will be on the days I will only have to wear them in shorter durations.

I don't love mine. I am 6'3", bought a L in the park and couldn't wear it because it was so small on me. I ordered the XL's online after we got home and those fit much better, but they are thick, and the ear straps are too thick and just not very comfortable. They are also not consistently sized. I got a 4 pack of Star Wars ones, and 1 of them is noticeably smaller than the other 3. I'll still wear them, but those will be on the days I will only have to wear them in shorter durations.

This is typical for Disney masks, based on many posts and my own experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!