Disney Math

broadsheet

Mouseketeer
I am planning to run the marathon in 2020 and Dopey in 2021. I know, everything is subject to change, but I am wondering if an AP will likely cover both of those dates. Jan. 10, 2020 to Jan. 10, 2021. Think that’s a reasonable guess?

I'll answer the question after the two trains leave the opposite stations traveling at different speeds and get to the level crossing. I mean, you did say "math", so I want to optimize the problem set.....

Anyway, so marathon is Jan 12, 2020 and would expect Jan 10, 2021....2020 is a leap year, so there is an extra day difference. I believe in regular years, a pass is good for 366 days--so a pass activated on Jan 1 would be good through Jan 1 the following year. But I don't know about leap years. If they DON'T give you the leap day, then this might affect when you might initialize your pass. If you did it on Jan 10, 2020 as you mention, which is a Friday, then it could expire Jan 9, 2021 (which would still be 366 days)--that would be a Saturday, and would not cover Sunday, Jan 10, 2021.

I am not a current AP holder, so "grain of salt". I'd call Disney and ask.

Last edited:
You could get 2 vacations out of the passes if you begin your first vacation on the Saturday of marathon weekend and end the second vacation on Sunday of the subsequent marathon weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!