Disney MaxPass Available to Book with Walt Disney Travel Company Packages

MuppetFan418

Undercover Muppet
Starting today, May 23, 2018, you are able to include Disney MaxPass on a Walt Disney Travel Company Package by calling Disney's Reservation Center. It will be available to book online beginning May 31, 2018!

Disney MaxPass is available to add on Package or Room-Only reservations booked through Walt Disney Travel Company, it will continue to be available to Guests for an introductory price of $10 per person, per day.

Disney MaxPass is available with 2-to 5-day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper or 1-Park per Day Tickets.

When booking a Walt Disney Travel Company Package, all Guests in the travel party must purchase the same ticket type. This means that Guests must choose to either include Disney MaxPass for everyone in the travel party, or book tickets without Disney MaxPass.

The total number of attractions offering Disney FASTPASS is now 16! Guests who choose not to purchase Disney MaxPass will continue to have the option of Disney FASTPASS service at no additional cost by obtaining a FASTPASS return time with their park admission ticket at attraction FASTPASS kiosks.

Notice it still refers to it as an "introductory" price

I think it is a great service, just wish it wasn't per person pricing ... once thing to spend $10 day another thing for my family to tack on another $50/day (especially when we only need 1 photopass so no benefit there from the extra 4)

Does it give you unlimited fast passes? What am I missing here, you already can book your fast passes on your phone are they taking that away?

Does it give you unlimited fast passes? What am I missing here, you already can book your fast passes on your phone are they taking that away?
This is for Disneyland, which has not yet built the My Disney Experience/FP+ infrastructure that DW has. DL does FP the old-fashioned way: kiosks. MaxPass is DL's attempt to bridge the gap; without it, guests must use kiosks if they want FP.

OK- For whatever reason i thought the first time i read it it was for WDW, I thought Maxpass has been out for a bit in trial at Disneyland

OK- For whatever reason i thought the first time i read it it was for WDW, I thought Maxpass has been out for a bit in trial at Disneyland

Maxpass has been out for a while - this news is just that now you can book it as part of a package rather than having to get is separately

I thought the exact same thing. In fact, it wasn't until I read the announcement for the third time that I realized that I was incorrect!

I was skeptical at first, but it really does make a difference. It allows you to book fast passes without walking across the park as well as allows you to book another after 90min instead of 2 hours. You are also allowed to book a FP in the second park while you are still in the first. With the close proximity of DLR’s 2 parks, this is a great perk. Gets expensive for a family though!

Yeah, there's no way WDW would overlay this on the FP+ system. Nobody is going to pay for same day FPs when they have been picked over for 60 days already.

Yeah, there's no way WDW would overlay this on the FP+ system. Nobody is going to pay for same day FPs when they have been picked over for 60 days already.

Well, unless there were other perks like no- tiering or access to an additional FP pool or something

Well, unless there were other perks like no- tiering or access to an additional FP pool or something
This was my initial thought--I think that it is possible that Disney will release some sort of paid FP program at WDW in the future that awards extra or un/less-restricted FP (beyond the "privileges" currently awarded to CL guests (I use that word loosely because CL guests still have to pay for extra FP)).

This was my initial thought--I think that it is possible that Disney will release some sort of paid FP program at WDW in the future that awards extra or un/less-restricted FP (beyond the "privileges" currently awarded to CL guests (I use that word loosely because CL guests still have to pay for extra FP)).
Given the price of the CL program (room upgrade plus $50/day for 3 FPs) I have to think a $10 program is out of the question.

Given the price of the CL program (room upgrade plus $50/day for 3 FPs) I have to think a $10 program is out of the question.

I also think that new program they started with the day ticket that includes the selected FP could be a start for this as well. Right now it is no extra charge but doesn’t include any hard to get DP but could they offer one that is $30 extra that includes all tier 1 rides? $50 with both Pandora rides? $100 with not Star Wars?

but could they offer one that is $30 extra that includes all tier 1 rides? $50 with both Pandora rides? $100 with not Star Wars?

Exactly this, TheMaxRebo. $10.00 is just to prove the concept. That'll change in short order. Mark my words--by this time in 2020 (if not sooner), DL guests will be wistfully reminiscing about the "good old days" when MaxPass was only $10/guest/day.

I have little doubt that WDW will expand their paid FP program to include non-CL guests. It'll cost a pretty penny but I do not think that they will have much trouble collecting. Everyone else is charging for FastPass (heck, Universal's Express pass costs ALMOST as much as a one-day ticket) and Disney shareholders will demand the same. It stinks for us guests but I can't really say I'd blame Disney for cashing in.

Last edited:
Exactly this, TheMaxRebo. $10.00 is just to prove the concept. That'll change in short order. Mark my words--by this time in 2020 (if not sooner), DL guests will be wistfully reminiscing about the "good old days" when MaxPass was only $10/guest/day.

I have little doubt that WDW will expand their paid FP program to include non-CL guests. It'll cost a pretty penny but I do not think that they will have much trouble collecting. Everyone else is charging for FastPass (heck, Universal's Express pass costs ALMOST as much as a one-day ticket) and Disney shareholders will demand the same. It stinks for us guests but I can't really say I'd blame Disney for cashing in.
$10 is just the introductory price to get us all hooked. It's the gateway drug. No chance it will be the same by the time SWL opens.

But WDW is a whole other beast. It will be interesting to see if they make any changes. Too much demand to make it an affordable option. It could soak up all the capacity in no time

What if the current FP+ was just the "gateway drug" to enjoying skipping the line on any attraction you wanted just to sell it years later when they finally have a ton of high-demand attractions in EVERY park.

So .. .like others have suggested I don't see how Disney DOESN'T try and monetize Fast Passes in the near future with all the expected demand. We have experienced and people hear that Disney is "really crowded" .. People will pay to skip the lines.

I see Disney
1) Expand the Club Level program to all resort guests (or just deluxe guests)
or
2) Remove some high-demand Fast Passes from the normal queue, and package them into add-on packages to park tickets.

People are already doing it in limited ways:
I mean .. people pay a premium price to stay at a resort to use EMH (to have shorter lines).
People pay for Early Morning Magic or Disney After Hours (to have shorter lines)
People pay for parties to go to the MK after hours (to have shorter lines)
People pay for really expensive PPO breakfasts (a lot of times JUST for the ability to be first in line for a major attraction (SDMT, Soarin, etc.)

Maxpass is way better than the current Fastpass+ system at DisneyWorld. Hands down. It makes it easier to get a fastpass and you get more of them. It is definitely more akin to the old system. I love planning and I have to admit planning rides two months out is a bit much.

Maxpass is way better than the current Fastpass+ system at DisneyWorld. Hands down. It makes it easier to get a fastpass and you get more of them. It is definitely more akin to the old system. I love planning and I have to admit planning rides two months out is a bit much.
Seems like it is more flexible for sure (having never used Maxpass), but I doubt Disney would every switch it at WDW. They probably get a lot of valuable data from the scheduled Fast Passes. They probably have a pretty accurate picture of how many people are going to be in a park any given day well in advance and thus can staff accordingly. Plus, since some offsite hotels have the 60-day fast pass perk now, I wonder if they have "sold" this perk to the good neighbor hotels - another way to monetize it.

Plus (like we've seen with Club Level) .. selling the ability to schedule fast passes beyond 60 days is another easy monetization of the system.

It stinks (but also freeing if you get what you want) to have to figure out what days you want to go which parks and what TIME you want to go on a ride 60 days in advance, but we are gobbling it up, so they'll keep giving it to us (and probably eventually selling it to us). While there are some that don't like scheduling Fast Passes that far in advance, there are probably just as many that wish they could do it even sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts