Disney Meal Package

Jhuff8181

Mousenut
I have been a long time reader but never asked a question here, so here goes. I am wondering if it is possible, as a DVC member and an annual passholder to participate in Disney's meal package (not sure of the name)?

Jhuff8181 said:
I have been a long time reader but never asked a question here, so here goes. I am wondering if it is possible, as a DVC member and an annual passholder to participate in Disney's meal package (not sure of the name)?
No you cannot.

It's currently an option available to WDW Resorts guests who have purchased a MYW tix pkg. You need to purchase a 2 day base MYW tix and can add on the dining option for your length of stay.

In June MS indicated that they were working on offering it by year end. Last week I was informed that it would not be available this upcoming December; but they are still working on getting the computer compatibility issue resolved. :confused3

Of course, you are able to purchase the DDE with an AP.

This year, for the first time, AP holders can purchase the Disney Dining Experience (DDE) card - previously available only to FL resdients. the cost for AP holders is $50 per year (you will get two cards) and it allows a 20% discount at most WDW restaurants- including alcoholic beverages. DVC members can now get a discount on AP and PAP purchases. Infomation about the DDE is available thru the AP holders site. It is not a DVC program.

There is also a dining package available with certain room packages thru WDTC (CRO). Currently there is nothing similar for room-only reservations (like DVC point stays). Reportedly, DVC is working on some sort of meal plan as an add-on to DVC reservations.

Doc, is the DDE price $50 for all AP holders, or is that a special price for DVC AP holders?

dianeschlicht said:
Doc, is the DDE price $50 for all AP holders, or is that a special price for DVC AP holders?

All AP holders. I purchased my DDE card before I was a DVC member.

Thanks! I was under the impression that the $50 price was a DVC price and that the reguarl price was $75.

dianeschlicht said:
Thanks! I was under the impression that the $50 price was a DVC price and that the reguarl price was $75.
Nope - DVC membership has nothing to do with the ability to purchase the DDE. Even if you are a DVC member, if you do not have an annual pass or are not a Florida resident, you cannot purchase the DDE.

The "regular" price for the DDE is $75. Florida residents who are not passholders pay that for the DDE. Those of us who have an annual pass get a $25 discount regardless of the place we call home. Hope this particular AP/PAP perk continues past this year - AP/PAP perks often change and IMHO, this is one of the better ones!

Since so many DVC members take advantage of the great DVC discount on annual passes, the DDE progrma is often discussed on the DVC Boards.

Best wishes -

Yep- what Carol said!

FL Residents still pay the $75 and AP holders pay $50- but nothing to do with DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter