Disney Meets Jack & Kate..Our First Trip May 2010

kteesmumma

DIS Veteran
:banana:62 Days and Counting:banana:

Welcome to my VERY FIRST PTR and my family's VERY FIRST trip to WDW.

First let me tell you a bit about myself and the rest of the Clan who will be heading to Disney.

I am Julie...SAHM of 2, Wife to my BFF. Prior to being a SAHM I was actually a licensed Cosmetologist and I was also a Cosmetology teacher. I am not one of the LUCKY people who were able to ever go to Disney as a child...so this trip is probably a bit more exciting for me than my children :woohoo:

9627_1232713331872_1050306927_30766786_5209095_n.jpg

My DH is an incredible father and husband. He is the go with the flow type of guy...I make the plans and just goes along with them LOL. So if I say we are going to Disney..he just nods and agrees HAHAHAHA.
n1050306927_30223589_3818.jpg

:cheer2: DD Soon to be 7. Miss Kate is my TINK and Hannah Montana Fan. She is the oldest but also the one I am more concerned about with this trip. She has Sensory Issues and between the flight and the parks..I am hoping she manages well.
12738_1240703851630_1050306927_30789451_7343746_n.jpg

pirate: DS Soon to be 3. Mr Jack is my Buzz Lightyear and HUGE MICKEY FAN. He is the "character" in our house. He keeps us laughing. **according to DISNEY..he will only be 2 when we go**
8221_1225579713536_1050306927_30744751_4489844_n.jpg

We also will be going to with my Mother and my Stepdad.They just got married last June and this will be our first "Family" trip together.
SHHHH dont let them know I put this pic up LOL
6160_1170405134206_1050306927_30539500_5703625_n.jpg

What got us to book a trip to Disney, You ask??

Well it actually started off with a well deserved VERY FIRST Trip DH and I ever took without the kids. April 2009!! We took a Cruise out of Miami to the Bahamas for 3 nights. It was AMAZING. I never thought we could ever afford anything like a cruise or Disney. Well after we got back from our cruise..my mind was still in vacation mode. I couldnt stop thinking about what our NEXT trip would be. I searched and searched and researched different places..(this time we HAD to take the kids...My Mom just couldnt watch them again..at least not without a few years break in between hahaha). By the end of June..I decided...a Disney Trip. It didnt take long to talk DH into it...and I was full force into planning our trip. Of course it had to include my mom. Her and I are like BFF's. Her and my stepdad happily accepted to join us. For our first trip..I wanted to try to do it as inexpensive as possible. I also have NEVER stayed in a hotel room with my children..so I wasnt sure I was ready for that. So first thing we did was reserve an amazing Townhouse at Windsor Hills in Kissimmee. I figured the more room would be better for us and the kids. Plus it was cheaper and we ended up splitting the cost of the House with my Mom and Stepdad.

how could I pass this up
1248124076st2s.jpg

Gotta LOVE this. :love:

**Flight, Rental Car Deals..Park Ticket info Coming Next**

**VERY FIRST DISNEY TRIP 61 Days and Counting**

After finding just the perfect place to stay..of course came, what I think is the WORST part of planning a trip. Finding the best rate on a flight. UGH..Honestly I would rather stab my eyes out. Weeks of checking Priceline, Expedia and every other travel discount website, as well as each individual airline. Wanted so badly to fly with JetBlue...who wouldnt want more leg room..OH and of course the DUNKINS Coffee they offer inflight. But this girl is more concerned about the bottom dollar...**sometimes I wish this wasn't the case**

Finally found cheap tickets..going through Airtran **YES I know NOW this was a big MISTAKE**. Our ownly MAIN WANT...was Non Stop flights. First time traveling with the kids and I just wasn't in the mood to deal with layovers and lost luggage or any of that. We got R/T Non Stop flights for 199.00/person. Great rate if you ask me. **we are flying out of Boston..if I forgot to mention that**. My mom was buying the tickets for us..cause we were waiting on our Tax Return money to pay for most of this trip. She had to go to a TA to get the tickets..cause she wanted to pay cash. At that point she was chaged an additional 20.00 per ticket for a Fee to the TA. LOVELY. Then of course we had to pick our seats if we wanted our kids to actual sit with us LOL. So that was an additional 12.00 R/T per person. So now the flight fees are adding up. Don't forget the baggage fees. **Seriously**. I figure no Biggie...we are getting a good flight.

YA RIGHT!! We booked in January of this year. Already we have had one change in flight...not bad..only a 10 minute earlier time frame. Just a few weeks ago we got our second flight change...IT WAS CANCELLED and we had to pick a new flight. Seeing that my mom used a TA..and she was at work when they called, my mom got all flustered and just picked a flight. They had NO MORE Non Stops going to Orlando...so now we leave an hour earlier..have a 40 min layover and get to Orlando at the same time we initially would. But now we NO LONGER have a NONSTOP..and I am so mad. Cause I could have paid the same amout of money, after all the damn fees for a better airline and a NONSTOP flight. So we are still in limbo wondering when the next cancellation or flight change will be....But this isn't gonna ruin my excitement :) Hee Hee

After getting our flights all figured out..we needed to find a way to get all 6 of us to the Airport on the way there and from the flight home. At the time we had a Minivan and considered just cramming all of us in the Van and having someone drive it to drop us off and pick us up..but that didnt appeal to my mom lol. Then we considered just paying to leave our cars at the airport...ummmm I just couldnt allow myself to pay money for something as ridiculous as that. We did for a second consider a Taxi...but then we would have to get 2..and both my kids are in carseats...so we passed on that. So we sat and thought about...."who do we know that can get us a deal on a limo"....well apparently my brother knows someone and we were able to book a limo to the airport and back from the airport when we got home...165.00 on the way to the airport and 165.00 on the way home from the airport. I figure for that price not only can we all travel together, but we will have alot of room and it will be an experience in itself for my kids...and will be one added luxury to our trip. This idea pleased my mom alot LOL..

My FAVORITE deal out of all of my planning so far...is the Car Rental. I researched and searched and researched and searched. After all of that...I decided to go with Alamo. I was able to book a Full Size Car for our trip...for 150.00. We will be picking the Car up on Sunday and dropping it back off on Friday. I used a double upgrade coupon from the Entertainment Book I have. I also used the Costco Membership Contract ID and was able to get a FREE second Driver and an amazing rate. This is what I consider my BIG SCORE out of all the planning I have done so far.

Now on to our Park Tickets...I would have gone through undercovertourist and used the mousesavers link...BUT we have GAD's. Everyone but my youngest. We are using those and upgrading to 4 day passes...so I will have to get the tickets at the Park..GRUMBLE GRUMBLE lol.

I still am researching and planning as we speak..on a daily basis..my family thinks I am nuts. I am so addicted to DISNEY right now I am actually also researching out another Trip in November LOL. I am already on trip 2 in my mind and I havent even done trip 1.

Wondering where we booked our ADR????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter