Disney Movie Insiders

CastAStone

Math and business nerd. Not an insider.
Just curious if anyone has heard anything behind the scenes about this. I have a bunch of Disney Movie Rewards points and usually “changes” is code for “devaluation”, so I’d like to understand if I should go ahead and use my points all up before 9/26 when the new program starts.

That’s a good question. I’m sitting on 17,000 points, better not lose value. I guess I should look at finally redeeming some points.

I got the email too and it sounds like points will just transfer over.
I guess my question is more whether the points will be worth as much in the new program. Right now you get a free movie for every ~10 or so Blu-rays you buy (depending exactly what movie you want), so it’s about 10% rebate, which is very generous.

My experience with loyalty programs is that very generous never lasts, and program changes are always for the worse.

Yeah, I saw this too. I'm sitting on a decent bit of points. I used to get discs, but with Disney+ coming, I'm not sure how many of those I need. I do wish they would add some variety, so let's hope they do that.

I'm just hoping they expand the actual rewards to things other than DVDs and stuffed toys. They should tie the rewards into the ShopDisney site. You could redeem points for merchandise or a significant discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter