Disney Movie Marathon Challenge

Last one? Toy Story 4 is out in like 2 weeks! ::yes::

I pretty much agree 100% with your assessment. Ralph 2 was good, but not great. I appreciated the self-referential stuff and loved the cameos. I didn't love Ralph's arc, though I thought Vanelope was handled better. My biggest complaint is that there was very little of Felix and Calhoun, my favorite characters from the first one. I kept expecting them to show up to help save the day, but they were just relegated to the framing sequence basically. That's a shame. Otherwise, I still enjoyed the movie, but it doesn't hold up to the first one.

Just realised and yes...I think Toy Story 4 has to happen. We won't get to watch it immediately as in Japan but will be seeing it as soon as we get back. Thats something to look forward to while experiencing post-Disney Blues!!! ...Maybe this thread will keep getting updated (if it does not die?-not sure how long they are open for?) Its Frozen 2 next I assume?

Just realised and yes...I think Toy Story 4 has to happen. We won't get to watch it immediately as in Japan but will be seeing it as soon as we get back. Thats something to look forward to while experiencing post-Disney Blues!!! ...Maybe this thread will keep getting updated (if it does not die?-not sure how long they are open for?) Its Frozen 2 next I assume?

Threads are open pretty much forever unless they are closed for a reason. It can always come back. Toy Story 4 opens today! Enjoy Japan. I hope you are checking out Tokyo Disney - it is amazing!

I'll try to give my favorites too:

Best Song
Wow - so hard! Were we counting Mary Poppins? Let's say not for the sake of fairness. I'll go with Son of Man - Tarzan or anything from A Goofy Movie!

Best Score
Hmm, Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid for sure. Both Alan Menkin.

Best Female Character
Rapunzel

Best Male Character
Prince Philip

Best Villain
Maleficent!

Worst Villain
Madame Medusa

Most Evil
There is only one clear choice, Cruela DeVille - she wanted to murder puppies...for a coat. That's just sick.

Best 2D Animation
Now that's a hard one! Probably actually Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Best Computer Animation
Based solely on technical merit - Moana!

Best Sidekick(s)
Mushu

Worst Sidekick(s)
I'm not sure that I dislike any of them. They are usually the bright spot even in the questionable movies.

Best Art Design
Sleeping Beauty - no arguments there!

Funniest
Wreck it Ralph

Worst Overall
Chicken Little

Best Overall
Sleeping Beauty or The Little Mermaid

Threads are open pretty much forever unless they are closed for a reason. It can always come back. Toy Story 4 opens today! Enjoy Japan. I hope you are checking out Tokyo Disney - it is amazing!

Oh yes definitely! I actually visited Shanghai Disney yesterday as well as here on work. The rides are incredible and the theming is amazing, but it was not an easy experience!

I'll try to give my favorites too:

Best Song
Wow - so hard! Were we counting Mary Poppins? Let's say not for the sake of fairness. I'll go with Son of Man - Tarzan or anything from A Goofy Movie!

Best Score
Hmm, Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid for sure. Both Alan Menkin.

Best Female Character
Rapunzel

Best Male Character
Prince Philip

Best Villain
Maleficent!

Worst Villain
Madame Medusa

Most Evil
There is only one clear choice, Cruela DeVille - she wanted to murder puppies...for a coat. That's just sick.

Best 2D Animation
Now that's a hard one! Probably actually Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Best Computer Animation
Based solely on technical merit - Moana!

Best Sidekick(s)
Mushu

Worst Sidekick(s)
I'm not sure that I dislike any of them. They are usually the bright spot even in the questionable movies.

Best Art Design
Sleeping Beauty - no arguments there!

Funniest
Wreck it Ralph

Worst Overall
Chicken Little

Best Overall
Sleeping Beauty or The Little Mermaid

Despite my own choices, I agree with all these too! Thanks Disney for giving us so many epic films!

...I forgot Son of Man, which is crazy, I adore that song! I saw the Tarzan show yesterday at Shanghai Disney and if anyone goes I think this is something you have to do. Its one of the best (if not the best) in park show I have ever seen. The talent of the CM's is insane!

Despite my own choices, I agree with all these too! Thanks Disney for giving us so many epic films!

...I forgot Son of Man, which is crazy, I adore that song! I saw the Tarzan show yesterday at Shanghai Disney and if anyone goes I think this is something you have to do. Its one of the best (if not the best) in park show I have ever seen. The talent of the CM's is insane!

Oh, I'd love to check out Shanghai too! THe Pirates is supposed to be amazing!

Oh, I'd love to check out Shanghai too! THe Pirates is supposed to be amazing!
Yes, its definitely the best Pirates-the animatronics, the story and the effects are incredible! Not an easy park to visit, but some super rides. Tron is fantastic as well!

Yes, its definitely the best Pirates-the animatronics, the story and the effects are incredible! Not an easy park to visit, but some super rides. Tron is fantastic as well!

Well, at least we're getting TRON at Magic Kingdom so that'll be nice!

Hey guys I know it's been ages since I posted on this thread but I thought I'd give my final round up of thoughts for this marathon so here goes:

Best Song
This is a tough one because like BrianL, I have so many that I could consider my favourite. I'd say anything from Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast is my personal pick for Best song.

Best Score
Alan Menken. No doubt about that.

Best Female Character
This one is also tough but I have narrowed it down to Rapuznel and Moana respectively.

Best Male Character
Buzz Lightyear

Best Villain
It's tie between Jafar and Maleficent for me.

Worst Villain
Madame Medusa from The Rescuers as well as Alameda Slim from Home on the Range.

Most Evil
The Coachman from Pinocchio and Frollo.

Best 2D Animation
Fantasia, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty and maybe Beauty and the Beast.

Best Computer Animation
Coco, Zootopia and Moana

Best Sidekick(s)
Genie from Aladdin and Hector from Coco.

Worst Sidekick(s)
Definitely B.E.N from Treasure Planet as well as the Gargoyles from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Best Art Design
Sleeping Beauty. Such a gorgeous looking film.

Funniest
The Emperor's New Groove

Worst Overall
Chicken Little and Home on the Range

Best Overall
Moana, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Wreck It Ralph,so many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter