Disney Movie Rewards Disappointment

JackieO

Mouseketeer
I've been saving my Disney Movie Rewards points for over 10 years, hoping that one day I would have enough for one of the tours. I recently logged in to find that 10 years worth of saved points are GONE

I've tried emailing and calling but have been told time and time again that my points are just gone. The supervisor told me that he could see that I had thousands but I didn't use or add any points in 200 and some odd days so they are gone.

I've never had Disney refuse to help me or leave me feeling sad before.

Has anyone else had this problem and found help? I've found a lot of people who've been left just as sad as I am. I'm wondering if there's anything left for me to do? I'm heart broken every time I think about it. I can't imagine the benefit to Disney to take my points.

I did not know the points expire!! That is a shame you lost so many. Hope you can get it resolved.

I did not know the points expire!! That is a shame you lost so many. Hope you can get it resolved.
They didn't expire when I signed up. They changed that since. Thanks, but it sure doesn't seem that it will be resolved. I've even tried calling Disney Corporate Offices. I can't get anyone to help. :(

I"m sorry! I had to deal with Disney in regards to something else, and I didn't get any help or advice either, just a nice stock e-mail saying they would look into it and thanks for letting them know...with no real answers! Sounds like Disney might be dropping the ball on their customer service in regards to something other than a park! :( I would keep trying. Keep trying to contact someone to get some answers, or get your points refunded. That just doesn't seem right!

I logged in yesterday and all my points are gone too! I had read about the gift cards and was trying to redeem to get some and all my points were gone. I was pretty upset. Not sure if there is anything I can do though. Sorry for you. I hope you can get a resolution.

I checked out the website and could not find where it says the points expire. Your negative experience inspired me to use up most of my points!
Please post back if you are able to resolve things.

right in the FAQ section on their website:

Will my Points expire?
Your Points will expire if you have not had any Account activity for 210 consecutive days. Activity means increasing and/or decreasing the point balance within your Account at least once during this period.

You should call them and see if they can help. Sometimes you will find a nice cast member who can restore some of the points :)

I was able to get them to reinstate points when they had expired. The cast member told me it was a one time courtesy and not to let them expire again. To keep them active all you have to do is have point activity in that period of time. There is a monthly email with a newsletter that has free points. All you have to do is click on the email and sign in to receive points and keep your account active. They also seem to have a number of times a year when you can earn free points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!