Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

RT seems to think it is one of the "most anticipated movies of 2024." This is from their splash page today. I guess they are just a Disney stooge? Entirely possible if it is a paid ad, I guess!

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 8.52.53 PM.png

With the recent news that Paramount Global will be managed by the "Office of the CEO" (which will consist of Brian Robbins, George Cheeks, and Chris McCarthy), on an interim basis at least until the Skydance deal is completed, I think Disney should apply that same strategy going forward after Bob Iger steps down. The "Office of the CEO" for Disney should definitely consist of Alan Bergman, Dana Walden, Josh D'Amaro, and Jimmy Pitaro.

An animated Kingdom Hearts movie is rumored to be in the works! However, I definitely think it should be an anime film, since those kinds of films are making money at the U.S. box office these days.

just the kindgom hearts stans ALONE could power this to the box office 😂 I didn't have friends who liked to game so growing up I just thought I was the only person who enjoyed this game and then when the new NEW ones came out on like ps4 era and I was finally on social media I realized oh goodness there are A LOT of people who love this thing. There's been a lot of bad movies since disney+'s creation, I'd be down to try a kingdom hearts one!

An animated Kingdom Hearts movie is rumored to be in the works! However, I definitely think it should be an anime film, since those kinds of films are making money at the U.S. box office these days.

Imagine someone who has NEVER played a single Kingdom Hearts game going into this movie 😭 Even playing Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 isn't enough to understand what's going on.

Also agree that they should collab with a studio like Studio Trigger. They could do action scenes WAY better than what Disney could do on their own.

My thoughts exactly. There will be lots of YouTube videos on what to know before watching this film, lol
The fact that Kingdom Hearts 3 is the TWELFTH installment in the series is bad enough LOL

Also Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't even the direct sequel to the original game, you need to play Chain of Memories to even remotely understand what is happening plot wise.

If it's not a box office success, it's because of very high production costs, not because people don't go see it. I won't be one of them but I am sure it will sell.
I'm not sure Mufasa's production budget has been announced and obviously the P&A budget is all speculative because TWDC won't announce that cost officially.

Time will tell whether Mufasa has a robust audience like you suggest. It may. But, Mufasa releases the same date as Sonic 3 so there will be competition for the same family with young children demographic. I'm thinking Sonic 3 will likely have a wider audience especially with the 18-54 male demographic due to its tie-in with the video game and the multi-generational love and affection for Sonic (similar to Mario, Zelda, etc.)

Making movies is hard.

Last edited:
HYPE for the Kingdom Hearts movie :O! I hope it makes sense, lol.

Reminds me of the time in Disney Springs that I wore a Kingdom Hearts T-shirt and got gatekeeped by one of the CMs in one of the Disney-owned stores! He told me I wasn't a real fan for not playing every single entry in the series (I've just played the main titles and dabbled in some of the first spinoffs like chain of memories), lol. My husband tried to deflect for me etc but the dude was so hyperfixated on me that I had to literally just leave the store while he was still berating me. Our waiter later that evening in Morimoto was also a fan and, instead of gatekeeping me and being terrible, just asked me what my favorite game was in the series (2!) and we had a fun time geeking out about it, lol.

Reminds me of the time in Disney Springs that I wore a Kingdom Hearts T-shirt and got gatekeeped by one of the CMs in one of the Disney-owned stores! He told me I wasn't a real fan for not playing every single entry in the series (I've just played the main titles and dabbled in some of the first spinoffs like chain of memories), lol. My husband tried to deflect for me etc but the dude was so hyperfixated on me that I had to literally just leave the store while he was still berating me. Our waiter later that evening in Morimoto was also a fan and, instead of gatekeeping me and being terrible, just asked me what my favorite game was in the series (2!) and we had a fun time geeking out about it, lol.
It's crazy to live in a world where some people don't allow you to just like things.

This is the video game series where Square made the mobile game spin off 100% canon to the events of Kingdom Hearts 3. Gatekeeping Kingdom Hearts of all things is hilarious to me but I'm sorry that happened to you. Some people think they're the fandom police.

Imagine someone who has NEVER played a single Kingdom Hearts game going into this movie 😭 Even playing Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 isn't enough to understand what's going on.

Also agree that they should collab with a studio like Studio Trigger. They could do action scenes WAY better than what Disney could do on their own.
I've played every game and I still have no idea what's going on.

I'm not sure Mufasa's production budget has been announced and obviously the P&A budget is all speculative because TWDC won't announce that cost officially.

Time will tell whether Mufasa has a robust audience like you suggest. It may. But, Mufasa releases the same date as Sonic 3 so there will be competition for the same family with young children demographic. I'm thinking Sonic 3 will likely have a wider audience especially with the 18-54 male demographic due to its tie-in with the video game and the multi-generational love and affection for Sonic (similar to Mario, Zelda, etc.)

Making movies is hard.
Sonic will have an easier time attracting the families here domestically but the Sonic movies have not been huge overseas comparatively. I do think that Mufasa will be a disappointment here in the States but Mufasa should be able to succeed overseas nicely due to the holidays.

This is the video game series where Square made the mobile game spin off 100% canon to the events of Kingdom Hearts 3. Gatekeeping Kingdom Hearts of all things is hilarious to me but I'm sorry that happened to you. Some people think they're the fandom police.
So what is your favorite game? I think the *best* game is 2, but I had a ton of fun with Chain of Memories and people hate that one. The story is so bad in CoM that it wraps back around to being good again, kinda like a bad B-Movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter