Disney News Round Up

Disney doesn't produce a lot of "news" in Orlando anymore... That's why the "news and rumors" forum is a ghost town for long periods. Most of their news involves additional/repricing of old things...like the "ultimate thrill seekers tour" Where they fly you on a Gulf Stream to cedar point...or ride the teacups... Your choice. I think you might be shooting the messenger a little
Exactly that is why I have been starting to mix in some stronger rumors, some universal news, and Disneyland news.

I would quote but it ends up looking like a novel...Never said it should be relegated to WDW news or just Disney news for that matter all I said was that it would be nice if this page could go with out the off topic comments filled with negativity and sarcasm about how people choose to spend either their vacation or money. By all means keep the news coming that part is great for EVERY bit of news. Just not the stuff that follows most of it.

Well...the tab at the top of the screen does say "discussion board"

I'm still not sure what the complaint is?

You know, I come on here to get the current news and rumors about D... not to hear people complain about the complaining...........wait, now I am complaining about the people complaining about the people compalining..... I hope this doesn't upset anyone. If it does, feel free to post and let me know.

Keep the thread going! I check here almost daily. It contains good info. Also, info that pertinent to trip planning at times too (SDMT FP+ openings, CP Dining Package now available, etc.).

THANKS for your time & continuing the thread! :thumbsup2

Gringotts is now closed for the night the ride broke down 5 times today 5:20 eastern was the last down time. People are being exited the queue now.

Question for Disney fans. When was the last time people have waited 450 minutes for an attraction at Disney World? Or waited 6+ hours to enter an area?

Question for Disney fans. When was the last time people have waited 450 minutes for an attraction at Disney World? Or waited 6+ hours to enter an area?

Answer...as you know...
Is never

But i wonder if they built something as hot/technologically advanced...would they get
That pull?

Obviously the answer is something awesome with Star Wars...it's sitting there on a platter...but I would think Disney would get that kinda push as well...
They certainly got that kind of legs
Out of RSR in California...

Splash had ridiculous waits for its day...3 hours plus when attendance was much smaller than now and the ride was the same exact capacity as today...
Tower had pretty big waits...

Everest was DOA...so probably when they first opened test track would be the "modern" equivalent.

Tech issue aside...gringots will be a huge hit when they get it stable and consistent...and I'm sure they will In a matter of days/ weeks at most.
But don't forget...the demand for this is based on the good job they did with WWOHP...
They are reaping the rewards for what they have sown over the last 5 or so years...
Mummy, transformers, Simpsons, potter...
They are acting like they mean it.

On the other hand...lots of laurel resting down I-4

Have they earned alot of that? Yes...I would say
Have they gone too stale? Yes...I would say
Is Iger and his flunkies abusing what Eisner built in the same way that Eisner was accused of doing late in his tenure?
Absolutely

Answer...as you know...
Is never

But i wonder if they built something as hot/technologically advanced...would they get
That pull?

Obviously the answer is something awesome with Star Wars...it's sitting there on a platter...but I would think Disney would get that kinda push as well...
They certainly got that kind of legs
Out of RSR in California...

Splash had ridiculous waits for its day...3 hours plus when attendance was much smaller than now and the ride was the same exact capacity as today...
Tower had pretty big waits...

Everest was DOA...so probably when they first opened test track would be the "modern" equivalent.

Tech issue aside...gringots will be a huge hit when they get it stable and consistent...and I'm sure they will In a matter of days/ weeks at most.
But don't forget...the demand for this is based on the good job they did with WWOHP...
They are reaping the rewards for what they have sown over the last 5 or so years...
Mummy, transformers, Simpsons, potter...
They are acting like they mean it.

On the other hand...lots of laurel resting down I-4

Have they earned alot of that? Yes...I would say
Have they gone too stale? Yes...I would say
Is Iger and his flunkies abusing what Eisner built in the same way that Eisner was accused of doing late in his tenure?
Absolutely

I know capacity and amount of people in such were different in the past i was just wondering if disney has ever had something comparable. Something that was big for that time.

For them, probably the same reason families are waiting 5-7 hours for Elsa & Anna.

I wouldn't wait that either ;) Horses for courses I guess!

On another note, I'm interested to see what they'll come up with for a Wishes replacement. I love Dreams in DLP and although I've only watched videos of it Once Upon a Time in Tokyo looks fab.

I don't keep up with the daily operations of USO, so I have no idea how the weeks leading up to this grand opening have been handled, but when D is opening a new attraction, they run many soft openings, maybe with the plan of alleviating this surge? Maybe they don't have this kind of wait because of planning? I'm sure someone can tell me if there were multiple soft openings for gringots.

amy lou said:
I wouldn't wait that either ;) Horses for courses I guess!

On another note, I'm interested to see what they'll come up with for a Wishes replacement. I love Dreams in DLP and although I've only watched videos of it Once Upon a Time in Tokyo looks fab.

Wishes is being replaced??

I don't keep up with the daily operations of USO, so I have no idea how the weeks leading up to this grand opening have been handled, but when D is opening a new attraction, they run many soft openings, maybe with the plan of alleviating this surge? Maybe they don't have this kind of wait because of planning? I'm sure someone can tell me if there were multiple soft openings for gringots.

The Diagon Alley area has been on soft opening for the last few days and the Hogwarts Express for around a week. They were having issues with Escape from Gringotts at the media previews so I think thats why it didn't soft open. Apparently it takes 15 minutes to reset all the ride tech after a breakdown so this causes the huge queues as it takes a long time to get going again.

I know capacity and amount of people in such were different in the past i was just wondering if disney has ever had something comparable. Something that was big for that time.

Here is the difference most people don't pick up on. That 6+ hour experience people wait to see is Walt Disney World. Harry Potter and stuff are such big draws but also know this is due to the quality of the rest of the parks. Islands of Adventure has Harry Potter yet look at the rest of the park and it sorely lacks. Disney doesn't have one ride that draws crowds cause the entire park draws crowds. Everything about their park and environment is what draws the people in. Anyway I wont start a debate so it ends here for me. Thanks to Rteetz for your hardwork as always!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!