Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I mean there are def episodes seasons that aren't all that good. But the good parts, are really good.

Take the last season, majority of the season was meh. The first arc was decent, but that middle arc was just so bad and pointless. But it was all worth it for the last one.

It also does a really good job showing the tragedy in Anikans downfall

I didn't hate the middle arc, but it felt like it could have been shorter, like two episodes, leaving room for maybe anbother short arc. So that's a little disappointing.

I think the middle arc was rather important to show Ahsoka how others view the Jedi, but agree it could have been like 2 episodes instead of 4

I think the middle arc was rather important to show Ahsoka how others view the Jedi, but agree it could have been like 2 episodes instead of 4

Yeah. A lot of people complained about the sister characters but I thought they were fine. I loved the first episode there where it shows what happened - I mean anything on the lower decks of Coruscant is likely to be intersting. It just meandered a little after that. Maybe if they had padded it with more of Bo Katan and Ursa Wren it would have felt better.

Last edited:
agreed with all the above. Just seemed so pointless at the end of the 3rd episode for it, they ended up right back to where the ended in ep2. So it was like literally nothing happened

Rebels was so well done, some really dark episodes in there. Same with Clone Wars. There's a lot more death and despair going on on both series, than what was shown in the films.
But Clone wars can be hit/miss. There are some incredible arcs. Witches of Dathomir, Mandalore arc (Savage/Maul), the Mortis arc, etc. I'm not at all into cutesy SW characters/themes, ( I'm looking at you Ewoks!), and there are some cutesy Clone wars (and Rebels) episodes. those can be annoying .
We watched a good Ahsoka CW episode last night, with the Trandoshans. Another great thing about the series, is seeing characters, planets, SW references from the films, a lot more developed.
I get it tho if the style can be annoying. I still haven't gotten into Resistance, but did watch most of the first season. Rebels, and any Mandalore episodes on Clone wars, will give lots more background/info for what we'll see in Mandalorian, I think.
I think I'm in the minority, in that I did not like the Bad Batch arc, (except Anakin's development,) but did like the sisters arc, although they did stretch it out a bit, and the final arc was outstanding. Dave Filoni is so wonderful at carrying on Lucas's initial visions and developing his own SW universe as well.

Rebels was so well done, some really dark episodes in there. Same with Clone Wars. There's a lot more death and despair going on on both series, than what was shown in the films.
But Clone wars can be hit/miss. There are some incredible arcs. Witches of Dathomir, Mandalore arc (Savage/Maul), the Mortis arc, etc. I'm not at all into cutesy SW characters/themes, ( I'm looking at you Ewoks!), and there are some cutesy Clone wars (and Rebels) episodes. those can be annoying .
We watched a good Ahsoka CW episode last night, with the Trandoshans. Another great thing about the series, is seeing characters, planets, SW references from the films, a lot more developed.
I get it tho if the style can be annoying. I still haven't gotten into Resistance, but did watch most of the first season. Rebels, and any Mandalore episodes on Clone wars, will give lots more background/info for what we'll see in Mandalorian, I think.
I think I'm in the minority, in that I did not like the Bad Batch arc, (except Anakin's development,) but did like the sisters arc, although they did stretch it out a bit, and the final arc was outstanding. Dave Filoni is so wonderful at carrying on Lucas's initial visions and developing his own SW universe as well.

I agree with you mostly, but I don't mind the "cutesy" stuff. Also remember that, while cute, an Ewok will eat you! There's a funny cartoon short that they released on the web, one of the Forces of Destiny shorts, where Han and Chewie were chuckling about letting the Ewoks eat some Stormtroopers after the battle. Leia stopped them.

Resistance had so much potential. The problem was while the first season built into something, the start of season two basically erased that progress. They started over essentially. It did get good again in the second half and was starting to get actually cool, but of course by then it was too late. It's still worth a watch, but it's unfortunate that it didn't do more.

Last edited:

really excited to see if Filoni goes all out with connecitons and inside stuff in the episode of season 2 of Mandelorian that he is directing (I think it is episode 6)

You're also at 480p on that single screen plan.

And they look just fine on my tv. As long as rhe picture is clear it's fine. Now if there's a lag in the audio or it's pixely I'm out, which is why I dropped HBO max before I watched even a quarter of what I wanted.

I also don't buy blurays unless they are cheap, rent the SD version on prime unless they are the same price and watch stuff on TCM. I don't notice a difference unless I'm sitting super close to the tv.

really excited to see if Filoni goes all out with connecitons and inside stuff in the episode of season 2 of Mandelorian that he is directing (I think it is episode 6)

I kind of hope he doesn't. I still am not sold on
Boba Fett being in the show. I know everyone thinks that but I also think Temura could be playing Rex.

I like the fact that the universe is big and it's not the same characters running into everyone all the time.

So do we think it won't drop on Disney+ until that time? Or is that just when they'll air the event.

I know last year I found the first episode at...I dunno, sometime around 12:30 am and I was ecstatic to watch.

I kind of hope he doesn't. I still am not sold on
Boba Fett being in the show. I know everyone thinks that but I also think Temura could be playing Rex.

I like the fact that the universe is big and it's not the same characters running into everyone all the time.

So do we think it won't drop on Disney+ until that time? Or is that just when they'll air the event.

I know last year I found the first episode at...I dunno, sometime around 12:30 am and I was ecstatic to watch.
I’d be surprised if they held it until then but who knows.

kind of hope he doesn't. I still am not sold on

I don't want overkill and don't want all these new (to this series) characters dominating the show or anything - but little nods and inside things would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!