Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season finale of Mandelorian was great. Loved the opening scene

At the conclusion I spent a solid 10 minutes giving a quick back story of the darksaber to the rest of the room.
My son did the same, I swear he's got a photographic memory when it comes to the Star Wars canon and characters.

I've enjoyed the many tip of the hats to previous Star Wars movies, the setup of Moff Gideon in episode 5 was great. {/SPOILER]

Really like it as well, but did wonder why IG-11 thought his mission to protect was ride into 100 hundred storm troopers with the package on his lap? And also seemed odd Moss would fire assault missiles (twice) from his TIE Fighter directly at the package? But it was still great.

Really like it as well, but did wonder why IG-11 thought his mission to protect was ride into 100 hundred storm troopers with the package on his lap? And also seemed odd Moss would fire assault missiles (twice) from his TIE Fighter directly at the package? But it was still great.
I thought the same with IG-11. I think Moff Gideon is ok if the child dies. He might rather he be captured alive I think it’s been established that dead is better than having him loose.

I thought the same with IG-11. I think Moff Gideon is ok if the child dies. He might rather he be captured alive I think it’s been established that dead is better than having him loose.

That makes sense, he just realized these 3 were tougher than he thought-so take out all 4 I guess.

Disney channel is down 27 percent on viewers since Disney plus came out.
But how many of those were actual paying subscribers vs free trial subscribers? This point was argued on a cord cutters group after the first week when it was reported a big drop about a week after it launched. Without knowing "who" it's really hard to separate fact from fiction.

But how many of those were actual paying subscribers vs free trial subscribers? This point was argued on a cord cutters group after the first week when it was reported a big drop about a week after it launched. Without knowing "who" it's really hard to separate fact from fiction.
I think @dclpluto was referring to the cable TV Disney channel losing viewers to the streaming Disney+ channel.

That doesn’t surprise me. When my son watches Disney channel it’s usually reruns of one of their shows, but a lot of the ones he would usually watch are now on Disney+ where he isn’t tied to what they happen to be airing.

He literally hasn’t watched Disney channel, either live or on demand, since we got Disney+.

The Witcher overtakes mandalorian as number one show in demand expressions 127 million to 115 million. Week of Dec 22-28. Mandalorian was number one for five weeks. Stranger things was at number 3 with 75 million.

What’s on Disney plus has announced they got a email that some of the shows that was announced that was coming tomorrow will now be coming in the middle of the month.

The Witcher overtakes mandalorian as number one show in demand expressions 127 million to 115 million. Week of Dec 22-28
Pretty impressive run for the Mandalorian. Netflix has a lot more subscribers and the fact that episode are dumped all at once certainly effects those numbers. Also thought the Witcher was pretty good.

The Witcher overtakes mandalorian as number one show in demand expressions 127 million to 115 million. Week of Dec 22-28. Mandalorian was number one for five weeks. Stranger things was at number 3 with 75 million.
I didn't want to like The Witcher.....but I did. I still prefer The Mandalorian but gosh, the Witcher is good!

Notably Wanda Vision is now slated for 2020 moved up from 2021.

Lots of People are dropping Disney plus since the end of Mandalorian. Lots of people are talking about it. John Campea is going live soon to talk about it. 3:30 eastern time.
Don’t know who it was someone on here mention this a couple weeks ago. I said I highly doubt it. Looks like I was wrong .

Disney plus was only going to have a budget of 1 billion dollars on original content the first year. They want to get up to 2.5 billion.wanda vision is no joke like 25 million a episode. Hopefully Disney will up the budget.

Most people will read this after John campea goes off air talking about this. Check him out on you tube. Just don’t have your kids around he uses a lot of profanity but he’s good.

Reading some people are not happy with the lack of communication from Disney plus on what will be removed.
In the USA there’ were some movies taking off Disney plus.
Home alone
Home alone 2
one of the pirates of the Caribbean movie
Disney holiday special
And others

People understand that movies have to leave because other places might have rights to it.
But Disney plus needs to tell people what shows and movies will be leaving on what date.

Reading some people are not happy with the lack of communication from Disney plus on what will be removed.
Home alone
Home alone 2
Disney holiday special
And others

People understand that movies have to leave because other places might have rights to it.
But Disney plus needs to tell people what shows and movies will be leaving on what date.

DH said he read last night The Sandlot is also being taken off. My DS loves that movie. Watched it at least 3 times since we got D+. Supposedly only temporary, though.

Here’s a write up I found...
https://www.tvguide.com/news/disney-plus-the-sandlot-home-alone-dr-dolittle-more-titles-leaving/

Home alone
Home alone 2
Disney holiday special
And others

Given that the service just started 11/12 I don't blame them for being annoyed--licensing or otherwise it's an incredibly short time period for some movies to be on this brand new highly publicized supposed to be this amazing thing service.

I agree about telling people. There should a leaving soon section and a date when they are leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter