Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/disn...igital-to-maximize-potential-earnings-a175713

Take it with a grain of salt for now. But this would be a terrible decision by Disney. I think they’re underselling the worldwide success this movie would have. Regal has already said they’re opening up in July, and with the lack of movies coming out this movie could stay in theaters a little longer with less competition and allow people not as comfortable to wait a little while to go back to the theaters.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/disn...igital-to-maximize-potential-earnings-a175713

Take it with a grain of salt for now. But this would be a terrible decision by Disney. I think they’re underselling the worldwide success this movie would have. Regal has already said they’re opening up in July, and with the lack of movies coming out this movie could stay in theaters a little longer with less competition and allow people not as comfortable to wait a little while to go back to the theaters.

Yeah, I feel like if this were truly something they were considering, the movie would be out on Disney+ already. We’re two months past it’s premiere date, if they thought it would do better on streaming they’d have already tried. I could maybe see them waiting to see how Artemis Fowl does as a test, but those are two totally different classes of movies.

All that being said, for me personally, July is way too soon to be going back to theaters and I will be waiting for New Mulan to be on streaming. I definitely think the demand for movie theaters will be there, but I doubt it will be the opening of the floodgates I’ve seen a lot of people expecting it to be.

Yeah, I feel like if this were truly something they were considering, the movie would be out on Disney+ already. We’re two months past it’s premiere date, if they thought it would do better on streaming they’d have already tried. I could maybe see them waiting to see how Artemis Fowl does as a test, but those are two totally different classes of movies.

All that being said, for me personally, July is way too soon to be going back to theaters and I will be waiting for New Mulan to be on streaming. I definitely think the demand for movie theaters will be there, but I doubt it will be the opening of the floodgates I’ve seen a lot of people expecting it to be.
No I think they’re talking about going the Trolls and Scoob route of doing On Demand first, then Disney+. Being that this was a major budget picture, they’d have to look to recoup some of that money through on demand rentals, before just putting it on Disney+. Disney+ revenue won’t funnel directly back to that movie the way rentals would.
However, I can definitely see them going this route. Even if a couple of chains open back up in July, are the same numbers of people going to be going to the movies? I know I won’t. I’d much rather spend the $19.99 and rent it in my house (not that I really have any desire to see Mulan, I just mean in general. I still have never seen the animated Mulan).

No I think they’re talking about going the Trolls and Scoob route of doing On Demand first, then Disney+. Being that this was a major budget picture, they’d have to look to recoup some of that money through on demand rentals, before just putting it on Disney+. Disney+ revenue won’t funnel directly back to that movie the way rentals would.
However, I can definitely see them going this route. Even if a couple of chains open back up in July, are the same numbers of people going to be going to the movies? I know I won’t. I’d much rather spend the $19.99 and rent it in my house (not that I really have any desire to see Mulan, I just mean in general. I still have never seen the animated Mulan).

Oh yes, VOD would make more sense! There are so many digital movie options now, I'm getting them all mixed up. I do still think we'd have already seen it happen, but maybe as more and more movie studios try it out, Disney will feel more comfortable with it. It makes perfect sense that Trolls was a hit, but I think Scoob did underwhelmingly (not that we'll ever got solid, official numbers) and live-action movies are only just now starting to go down that path, with The High Note and King of Staten Island.

Anyone having trouble lately opening D+ app through a TV? Works on Apple TV and Xbox but has been giving me the same error code 1028 for two days now on an LG tv. Tried googling and seems to be an issue related to the app and not a tv since other people with different brands getting same error, but no ones got a solution. I’ve done the obvious log out/login and uninstall/reinstall. All other tv apps still working so not an internet connection issue either.

ETA: there was a software update pushed to TV apps in the last couple days and seems to be the culprit. Found online rumors that this may not get fixed for another day or two.

Wasn’t sure where to post this so feel free to move to the appropriate forum!

Last edited:
I haven't had trouble opening the app, but yesterday it was being all weird on my Roku. All the boxes were populated with just text instead of the title image or whatever. And when I tried watching The Black Hole, I got sound, but just a "black hole" on screen.

Anyone having trouble lately opening D+ app through a TV? Works on Apple TV and Xbox but has been giving me the same error code 1028 for two days now on an LG tv. Tried googling and seems to be an issue related to the app and not a tv since other people with different brands getting same error, but no ones got a solution. I’ve done the obvious log out/login and uninstall/reinstall. All other tv apps still working so not an internet connection issue either.

ETA: there was a software update pushed to TV apps in the last couple days and seems to be the culprit. Found online rumors that this may not get fixed for another day or two.

Thank you so much for this information! We haven’t been able to open Disney+ since last Friday on our Sony TV. We tried everything just as you did. I guess we’ll be patient and keep trying in hopes that it gets fixed soon. We need to watch A Dog’s Life!

Thank you so much for this information! We haven’t been able to open Disney+ since last Friday on our Sony TV. We tried everything just as you did. I guess we’ll be patient and keep trying in hopes that it gets fixed soon. We need to watch A Dog’s Life!

Yes A Dogs Life is on my list too! Especially since the latest episode has my favorite dog in the world (after Pluto) from Texas A&M where I went to college.

Also, just tried the app again on our TV and it worked! Hopefully y’all are back to operating again as soon as possible.

I’d much rather they delay the release and be able to see it in theatres. I’m guessing Mulan will lose something on the small screen.

I agree with both of you - just from the clips I have seen this seems like a movie that will be great to see on a giant screen and with a crowd.

You thought @Mit88 about them being able to keep it in the theaters longer given lack of competition is interesting ... maybe start in fewer theaters and keep adding more as (hopefully) things improve

There also seems to be an issue with Samsung TVs. Anyone else getting an error message? It’s been happening since Friday.

Yes A Dogs Life is on my list too! Especially since the latest episode has my favorite dog in the world (after Pluto) from Texas A&M where I went to college.

Also, just tried the app again on our TV and it worked! Hopefully y’all are back to operating again as soon as possible.
Gig ‘em! (I’m an Aggie by marriage and motherhood.) That’s exactly why we need to watch too!

I agree with both of you - just from the clips I have seen this seems like a movie that will be great to see on a giant screen and with a crowd.

You thought @Mit88 about them being able to keep it in the theaters longer given lack of competition is interesting ... maybe start in fewer theaters and keep adding more as (hopefully) things improve

This movie has Curse of the Black Pearl written all over it. I’m not a huge animated Mulan fan, but I think they put a more fantasy element to the story, and I have loved every trailer they’ve released. If I need the songs and Mushu, I can watch the animated version. But I think this movie needs to be seen on the big screen.

Tenent opens July 17th
Mulan July 24th
WW84 August 14th
New Mutants (😒) August 28th
A Quiet Place 2 September 4th

All of those movies could comfortably sit in theaters for 2 months and make money.

The Disney+ application is temporarily unavailable on 2016 Samsung tv models. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.....

Called Disney + yesterday and they said they were aware of the issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter