Disney Outlet Store Warning

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
Second time this week arrived to Vineland store to huge line wrapped out in courtyard to get in. As people exit they let you in. First time left immediately. Just now stood about 15 minutes but it hardly moves. Girl up front said just before opening line was down to back of outlets. She got in line, door opened so they let a lot in .... and now she is finally to door an hour later. And check out inside is huge line.

They don’t stock fast enough to keep inventory nice enough for me to wait. Folks leaving with multiple big bags each. Will try again at night.

Been coming here as long as I can remember and never seen anything like this. I dont know if they have a fire code issue, shoplift issue or what but ... bummer.

I don’t know if it’s like this at International store. I didn’t want to go there because free parking is so far away, simply too hot to add that walk.

Is it common to have lines at store opening? Is there supposed to be something specific being stocked?

We've been the to the Vineland store several times but always in the middle of the day and middle of the week. Never seen it all that busy. Are we just hitting it at the right time as far as crowds go?

Same thing happened to us on Saturday at the Vineland location. We got there about 11 am and there was a line of about 35 people. We first assumed there was some type of special event going on, but the clerk by the door informed us the store was at capacity. (I wonder if they were cited recently for being over capacity because I've never seen this before and it has been pretty crowded during other visits??) We were short on time so we didn't wait and we never made it back.

Bummer! I assume beginning of the day is when you actually have a chance of getting something good, though. We stopped in there on an afternoon back in June, and while there was no line, there really wasn't much worth buying, either. I was mostly hoping to get some cheap pins for trading, but none under $6. Many of the other items were actually less expensive at my local mall's Disney Store during the Twice Upon a Year sale that was in progress at that time. It was very disappointing.

We always go to this location and we arrive next week. If the lines are like that when we go I won't even bother. I wonder why it's happening?

I see these types of lines at Outlet malls all the time--kate spade, Vera Bradly, Coach, etc.

That said an hour is probably an excessive amount of time to wait in line to get into a store-Disney or otherwise.

I know our local Disney store had and was getting a few more items of Haunted Mansion merchandise in tandem for the 50th anniversary (like the LoungeFly backpack, socks, headstone and then more were coming). Could that be why it's suddenly so high? I don't know if the outlet locations were getting the same as the normal stores though.

That is really strange . We have been plenty of times and it has never been what I would even call busy :confused3. I wonder if they are getting things in that are hot for resellers and Ebay etc ? Crazy sale event ? It just doesn’t make sense.

Is it common to have lines at store opening? Is there supposed to be something specific being stocked?

We've been the to the Vineland store several times but always in the middle of the day and middle of the week. Never seen it all that busy. Are we just hitting it at the right time as far as crowds go?

I’ve been going at least 10 years and never seen. I’ve been all different hours. We often go in morning after we check out on way home - busy, longer line but not this. I’m going to try late tonight and I’m going to ask them what’s up.

I’ve been going at least 10 years and never seen. I’ve been all different hours. We often go in morning after we check out on way home - busy, longer line but not this. I’m going to try late tonight and I’m going to ask them what’s up.

Same here - we've been going for YEARS and it has been busy but never "line outside the door/waiting busy". At first we thought it was because it was a Saturday and we usually visit during the week, but when I saw your post I knew something was up.

Same here - we've been going for YEARS and it has been busy but never "line outside the door/waiting busy". At first we thought it was because it was a Saturday and we usually visit during the week, but when I saw your post I knew something was up.

There were yellow “computer printer” signs that said store would be closed when at capacity. The other doors just said exit only. A CM was inside each door. This morning there were more coming out than they were letting in so maybe let in based on how long check out line was.

We went to both locations in June and neither one had a line to get in nor a line to check out. Yes there were other people in the stores but not a crazy amount. One time we went was in the early evening and the other was maybe 7:30/8:00 pm so maybe that had something to do with it?

This happened to us in February. We spoke with a sales person and they said it happens when have something special in stock and people purchase large quantities to resell.

Went back tonight a little before 7 and spoke to two CM's who I've seen before and were on the floor unboxing stuff. I told them my experience and said "what is going on?" ....... They both rolled their eyes and said it is 100% the result of a few social media accounts that do nothing but come in (I assume as they are closing when they are stocking for next day) or peeking through windows? and then post on their social media the best buys of the day. Said the number one problem is the The Dress Shop Collection because they are so expensive but they almost always price them at $24.99. I have seen them each visit so I do get the popularity of hitting the outlet. They said the other draws are usually a toy that is closer to $80 in parks but they sell for $20. Those sell out right away. Between the social media posts and the ebay folks who come to scoop up every morning ... they have such big crowds they had to start managing them.

I told them they shouldn't put the good stuff out in the morning, just put random pieces out all day long. Give the rest of us a chance and keep them from getting slammed each morning.

At least it explains why I've see a few who post what they find and I never see that stuff .................... and it explained all the empty shelves and displays tonight. DS did get several nice shirts and a journal book. Lots of clothing for men, women and kids and nice stuff too ..... most all else was picked over. :sad:

We went to both locations in June and neither one had a line to get in nor a line to check out. Yes there were other people in the stores but not a crazy amount. One time we went was in the early evening and the other was maybe 7:30/8:00 pm so maybe that had something to do with it?

I think it's opening and first few hours so they can scoop up all the good stuff.

But I always used to go in mornings and never dealt with this .....

I will say parking has been our biggest issue here. Once DH drove around & never did find parking, I went in & made my purchases & came out to meet him & we left.

I am planning to visit this store for the first time maybe in June. Maybe, not sure yet. Parking wouldn't be an issue as we would use Uber. But our trip is on the shorter side so I am wondering now if I should just stick with Disney Springs.

I am planning to visit this store for the first time maybe in June. Maybe, not sure yet. Parking wouldn't be an issue as we would use Uber. But our trip is on the shorter side so I am wondering now if I should just stick with Disney Springs.

Last couple of visits I haven't saved a great amount on items. I think it depends if you are bulk buying or just grabbing a few souvenirs. I have taken a taxi to the mall on a previous short trip and ended up only spending $20 in the store as there wasn't much I wanted which then made it a very expensive trip. This time I'm going with just buying in the parks. Its easier if you have transport and by the time you've paid for 2 ubers if you've only saved a few $'s anyway its not worth the hassel

That is really strange . We have been plenty of times and it has never been what I would even call busy :confused3. I wonder if they are getting things in that are hot for resellers and Ebay etc ? Crazy sale event ? It just doesn’t make sense.

I went to Vineland two weeks ago before the store opened and there was a line of about 50 people. We all got in when the store opened, but a handful of people scooped up every single one of the Dress Shop dresses and Kate Spade bags that were on the racks. Others complained about limits on the amount of items that could be purchased, but there didn't seem to be a limit. We didn't end up buying anything.

Later in the day, we were at the International outlets and they had the Kate Spade bags behind the counter with a purchase limit of 2. I ended up getting a cute tote there.

We went there a few weeks ago, the day before our Disney vacation started and were truly disappointed. There wasn't anything there that I wanted. I was really shocked as I watch the videos on Youtube and everytime, I see something that I would have purchased. Bad timing on our part maybe.

I went to Vineland two weeks ago before the store opened and there was a line of about 50 people. We all got in when the store opened, but a handful of people scooped up every single one of the Dress Shop dresses and Kate Spade bags that were on the racks. Others complained about limits on the amount of items that could be purchased, but there didn't seem to be a limit. We didn't end up buying anything.

Later in the day, we were at the International outlets and they had the Kate Spade bags behind the counter with a purchase limit of 2. I ended up getting a cute tote there.

When I finally got in last week there were signs up for limits on the bags. They also said you "couldn't hold them, they must go to register" so I guess to prevent you from having people join you later to each take one??? I'm guessing not enough room behind register to put them all but perhaps they should build a display they can hang them back there. ALL the DB bags were gone other than DVC and that market would be small other than ebayers.

We went there a few weeks ago, the day before our Disney vacation started and were truly disappointed. There wasn't anything there that I wanted. I was really shocked as I watch the videos on Youtube and everytime, I see something that I would have purchased. Bad timing on our part maybe.

Guessing if you go after noon ... you are getting the scraps. I was there at 7 pm and they were just starting to restock the shelves. But literally there was only basic clothes, a few coffee mugs and misc left. I wonder if before closing at 11 pm there is a good inventory out there? Might try in Oct when I go down. Doing Universal days so they close fairly early to get to shop after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!