Disney Playroom Ideas

Monny2AE

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are finishing in part of our garage to expand my home day care and I am looking for some pics and ideas of how to decorate it. I want to go with a Mickey theme- Mickey not MMClubHouse. The floor will be wood but the walls are mine to decorate :goodvibes I'm thinking of going with the classic Mickey colors- red, black, yellow, and white.

So far all I've thought to make a mouse head chalkboard on the wall with chalkboard paint.

I saw someone's post a while back with a pic of mouse heads on the wall she made out of circles- if anyone knows where the thread is hiding I'd love to see it again!;)

TIA for any pics and suggestions!

I like the idea of red walls!

It'll be cute (I think) if you draw or stencil mickey pants, gloves and shoes throughout the walls.

Also, since it's a playroom, if you have crayons in there, if you have any popcorn buckets or cotton candy buckets from wdw you can use them to store the crayons/markers

:)

Oooh I have popcorn buckets that I bought at Target a while back! We never use them for popcorn but they will work nicely to hold some art stuff! Great idea!

I was thinking red walls too :thumbsup2 My DH thinks it will be too overwhelming having the whole room red. He suggested painting the two smaller walls red and the two longer walls yellow to break it up. Either that or paint the bottom half red and the top half of the room yellow with black chair molding where the colors meet.

I like the idea of stenciling or drawing Mickey Parts but I know it would look nothing like I would want it to- I'm not an artist by any means!

I think I may want to use this border :confused3
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Thanks for the suggestions! :flower3: Wasn't sure I'd get any since this is such a quiet forum.

That sounds so fun! I always wanted to take a room and paint each wall theme to a different character, i.e. Snow White paint the bottom yellow, top navy with red and light blue accents, another wall two shades of pink for Sleeping Beauty, another wall beach themed with a teal and light orange for Ariel etc, or doing it Fab 5 (reall 4) to with Mickey colors on one wall, Donald Duck colors on another etc.

I was thinking red walls too :thumbsup2 My DH thinks it will be too overwhelming having the whole room red. He suggested painting the two smaller walls red and the two longer walls yellow to break it up. Either that or paint the bottom half red and the top half of the room yellow with black chair molding where the colors meet.

I like the idea of stenciling or drawing Mickey Parts but I know it would look nothing like I would want it to- I'm not an artist by any means!

I think I may want to use this border :confused3
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Thanks for the suggestions! :flower3: Wasn't sure I'd get any since this is such a quiet forum.

We did the red/white/black Mickey theme in our basement bathroom.

DSC03757.jpg
DSC03741.jpg

I painted the wall white on top and black on the bottom in an eggshell finish and then stamped white Mickey hands on the top with a gloss finish and black Mickey heads on the bottom also in a gloss finish. It is a subtle effect and looks much better in person. It doesn't photograph well. You only see it when the light hits it right. It's like magic!

DSC00276.jpg
DSC00279.jpg

Here is an older thread with other bathroom ideas. I know you are not looking for bathrooms, but they are ideas maybe you could modify for your room...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1335710

I like the idea of painting the bottom half red and the top half of the room yellow with black chair molding. That would look nice!

And those borders are way cute :thumbsup2

MickeyWanaBe- Thanks for sharing your pics and the link to the thread! I love the creative ideas! Plus it was nice to get a visual for how the colors work together. :thumbsup2 I wish Disney had more to offer in their store for home decor. Some of the drawer knobs and hooks look so cute!

I like the idea of painting the bottom half red and the top half of the room yellow with black chair molding. That would look nice!

And those borders are way cute :thumbsup2

I'm stuck choosing between bottom half red, top half yellow with black chair molding OR all yellow walls with red chair molding?
I love the borders too but I would probably have to apply them more than halfway up or at the top. Sometimes little hands like to peel border off the walls :headache:

It will be a while before I get the room finished- we're in the framing stages right now- but when it is I'll be sure to post pics.

I'll take any other pics or suggestions in the meantime! :goodvibes

I think ALL yellow walls would be too much on the eyes. And on first impression might not look very much like a 'disney theme room'.

Regardless, any disney theme room looks amazing :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!