Disney Plus Streaming Service

Spencer Wright

Constantly craving a zebra dome...
My better half doesn't care for Disney so I was not going to bother with it. But with National Geographic and the price, I will absolutely get it. I was thinking it would maybe be $15-$20 per month.

• Baduist

Mouseketeer
    Doesnt seem to be mentioned in neither of these:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/disney-plus-every-tv-show-movie-coming-to-new-disney-streaming

http://blogmickey.com/2019/04/walt-disney-imagineering-documentary-series-and-more-coming-to-disney/

But if I had to bet, it will be there. You need so much content to run a streaming business, I bet Disney will put everything they own in there... there are just so many things that are old/obscure/forgotten that probably won’t be mentioned anywhere.

Anyway here’s to hoping...

Sandeep1

Registered
    My better half doesn't care for Disney so I was not going to bother with it. But with National Geographic and the price, I will absolutely get it. I was thinking it would maybe be $15-$20 per month.
    I don't think they'll ever be able to justify a price tag more than Netflix unless they develop content is ONLY available on the streaming service.

I don't think they'll ever be able to justify a price tag more than Netflix unless they develop content is ONLY available on the streaming service.
    I believe they are going to be developing original content. I'm sure 6.99 is introductory. They'll have lots of add-ons and maybe even put a cap on how many people can watch at once.

• Cheshire_a113

Earning My Ears
    I hope Disney plus makes a spinoff movie on the Tank Gang from Finding Nemo. That would be awesome!

FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
    The Mandalorian, Untitled Casian Andor Series, Clone Wars season 7, and the Marvel shows will only be on DisneyPlus.

• FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
    Besides Marvel, I haven't even heard of anything you mentioned, and I watch an insane amount of TV.
    Oh, they are all Star Wars shows.

The Mandalorian is a series run by Jon Favreau and takes place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

The Clone Wars was a cartoon on Disney XD that was cancelled halfway during season 6. Season 7 will tie up the lose ends.

Cassian Andor was Diego Luna's character in Rogue One: A Star Wars story. He is getting his own series costaring Alan Tudyk.

Of the three, only The Mandalorian will be ready for launch. The other shows will be available in 2020 or 2021.

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    Right, and to add to what FlightlessDuck has said there are many other original shows and movies scheduled for D+:

Live Action Film:
    Lady & the Tramp
    Stargirl

Animated Film:
    Phineas & Ferb Movie
    Lamp Life (Pixar)

Animated Series:
    The Legend of the Three Caballeros (this is GREAT by the way - episodes are floating about as it was released in other countries already)
    101 Damatons
    Monsters at Work (set in Monster's Inc. universe)
    Marvel's What If...?

Documentary:
    Dolphin Reef
    The Imagineering Story

That's just a few (I actually hadn't realized how much had been announced). Yeah, I think they can justify their price tag for the time being.

supernova

DIS Veteran
    I believe they are going to be developing original content. I'm sure 6.99 is introductory. They'll have lots of add-ons and maybe even put a cap on how many people can watch at once.
    I was worried about the whole 'cap' thing too, along with the introductory price. Can't see it lasting very long at seven bucks. Time will tell, @loloandstitch.... let's just hope that we're wrong.

Jason_V

Mouseketeer
    My goal will be to pay for the first year up front and not worry about intro rates or the price going up. I see myself logging in at least once or twice a week, especially when new episodes of the Star Wars and Marvel shows drop.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News