Disney Plus Streaming Service

Like one of the previous posters I too used the D23 discount and paid for 3-year subscription. I'm excited about Disney + and November 12 cannot get here soon enough.

Disney plus is going to be amazing. Signed up for the three years of Disney plus. To me it was a no brainer.

It just might. They have been repackaging same movies over and over for years. The last dvd I purchased two or three years ago was Mr. Boogedy/Bride of Boogedy. I originally joined to get Walt era dvds like Escapade in Florence with Annette and Tommy Kirk. They have pretty much phased out dvds and pushed blu-ray for new selections. I don't see the reason to purchase new movies one at a time through DMC after you have fulfilled your commitment when you can purchase at store for same price and save shipping cost. They stopped mailing the order booklets/form every month a good while ago except for a few times a year. Then they just sent email notice to opt out of mailings and are trying to get you to do on-line ordering now.

Last edited:
Three year plan here as well. I think purchasing Disney movies might be done for me. as long as the original content is good, I don't see cancelling.

My goal will be to pay for the first year up front and not worry about intro rates or the price going up. I see myself logging in at least once or twice a week, especially when new episodes of the Star Wars and Marvel shows drop.
I plan to pay 1st year as well for the same reason. Looking forward to it

Is this going to kill The Disney Movie Club, I wonder?

Since all the announced Disney+ content has lacked any mention of the Wonderful World of Disney ‘50s - ‘70s era live-action films and series, people may still have to scramble for “nostalgia classics.”

Lady and the Tramp trailer is up
Well, I'll probably give it a shot but I don't think it lends itself to live action. And I dislike the rerecording of Bella Notte just like I hate the rerecording of Once Upon a Dream in Maleficent.

It just might. They have been repackaging same movies over and over for years. The last dvd I purchased two or three years ago was Mr. Boogedy/Bride of Boogedy. I originally joined to get Walt era dvds like Escapade in Florence with Annette and Tommy Kirk. They have pretty much phased out dvds and pushed blu-ray for new selections. I don't see the reason to purchase new movies one at a time through DMC after you have fulfilled your commitment when you can purchase at store for same price and save shipping cost. They stopped mailing the order booklets/form every month a good while ago except for a few times a year. Then they just sent email notice to opt out of mailings and are trying to get you to do on-line ordering now.
Yeah, but the old classics aren't available in stores and many are diminishing or phasing out their DVDs.

Signed up on the three year plan as well. I wonder if Disney will stop or slow down Bluray/4k releases of movies in order to encourage people to sign up with Disney+ (and hurt Netflix dvd rentals at the same time)

Are you planning to drop another streaming service or services in favor of Disney+?
Right now I plan to keep Netflix and Fios which are the only two I currently have.

Signed up on the three year plan as well. I wonder if Disney will stop or slow down Bluray/4k releases of movies in order to encourage people to sign up with Disney+ (and hurt Netflix dvd rentals at the same time)

Bluray business is already naturally slowing down. Look at the space for them in stores recently - it keeps getting smaller and smaller. I think Disney will continue to release discs, but they will be using smaller print runs. The market will dictate how fast it happens, but eventually there will be no disc based media at all (though I think it'll be a while for that yet).

This is probably a stupid question but I am clueless about all this streaming stuff. We do have a SmartTV (only have used it to watch Youtube videos) and have never subscribed to anything. I see our TV has some apps loaded like Netflex and Hulu also. How will we get this on the TV? Will an app suddenly appear for it on our TV or is there something else we need to do to get it? Sorry, I know we are behind in times when it comes to this stuff. We don't want to get it if it means we can only watch on our computers and such.

This is probably a stupid question but I am clueless about all this streaming stuff. We do have a SmartTV (only have used it to watch Youtube videos) and have never subscribed to anything. I see our TV has some apps loaded like Netflex and Hulu also. How will we get this on the TV? Will an app suddenly appear for it on our TV or is there something else we need to do to get it? Sorry, I know we are behind in times when it comes to this stuff. We don't want to get it if it means we can only watch on our computers and such.

It will depend on the kind of "Smart TV" you have if the app will be available. Most Smart TV systems have something like an "app store" where you can add available streaming services and sometimes even games. Popular ones like YouTube and Netflix are usually pre-loaded. Anyway, if you have an older TV there may not be a Disney+ app for it, in which case you will need a compatible device, like a Roku. I have a RokuTV which is just a Smart TV with Roku built in and used as the primary operating system.

Announced devices supporting D+ are:

Apple: Apple TV, iOS
Google: Android, Android TV, Chromecast
Roku
Sony: PlayStation 4
Microsoft: Xbox One

I hope that helps! Roku devices are pretty inexpensive so you may want to look into it. Make sure to by a later generation one as the technology moves quickly and newer apps may not be supported on older devices.

Announced devices supporting D+ are:

Apple: Apple TV, iOS
Google: Android, Android TV, Chromecast
Roku
Sony: PlayStation 4
Microsoft: Xbox One
I was so jazzed about the 3 year D23 deal I signed up before realizing I don't have a way to stream it to my tv.:blush: I guess I'll be buying Apple TV before Nov. 12.

I was so jazzed about the 3 year D23 deal I signed up before realizing I don't have a way to stream it to my tv.:blush: I guess I'll be buying Apple TV before Nov. 12.

Or a Roku. I am going to get that :) I'm also thinking about a bigger monitor for my computer :D

One thing I've been clamoring for from the outset is classic Disney shorts, starring Mickey, Donald and all the rest, and I think they may have delivered there, if this is to be indicated:
70118236_2386616331445831_4345634621463986176_n.jpg

And now, according to Attractions Magazine, we have confirmation that cartoon shorts will indeed be featured. At present, they include all of the above in that icon, plus "Flowers and Trees", "Modern Inventions" "The Skeleton Dance" and "Three Little Pigs".

EDIT: It also will have "Donald and Pluto".

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!