Disney Plus

kandb

DIS Veteran
I am a Disney rewards visa cardholder and got an invitation to purchase Disney Plus. It is a streaming service that includes Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. It's an offer for $120 for 2 years ($20 off) or 3 year subscription for $170 ($40 off). We have 2 smart TV's and would probably use this service but unsure if I should purchase. The flyer doesn't give a lot of info, so wondering if anyone on here knows more about it. Anyone else purchase? Not sure if all of Disney movies will be available?

Hello there, I missed out on the Disney Plus offer for the three years when it was offered during D23. If anyone has a code they've received and are not using it, I'd gladly take it off your hands. Thanks in advance!

We're contemplating buying the 3 yr discounted offer for Disney+ this week. And we probably will. Works out to only $4.72/mo. That's a pretty nice rate. The hesitations that we had was that before finding out about this deal, I was thinking about waiting until the content ramped up a little more. We were also considering the $12.99 option instead of just Disney+, to add ad version Hulu and ESPN+. We currently have Hulu on a special Black Fri promo rate of $1/mo for new customers and I think it goes up to $5.99/mo. So if we take this 3 year deal, we'd still be buying Hulu separately for $5.99 ($10.72/mo for the 2 services vs. $12.99 for the Dis Hulu ESPN package). Not sure ESPN+ would add much benefit for us since we have ESPN through Dish, but the 3 yr package savings doesn't seem as good if you still want Hulu - vs. the $12.99 package. I guess $2.27/mo if ESPN+ doesn't matter much to you.

But either way, we definitely want Disney+. On the last earnings call, I believe they said that the entire Disney library of movies will eventually be available. But not right away, and I don't know how many from the start. But we're more into the new lineup of Star Wars and Marvel shows. And to us, Disney has such good/huge range of content, that I think this service will be a huge success. And the price will probably go up once it gains more traction.

Last edited:

It's a great deal if you're a fan of any of the Disney properties. I was looking over a list of everything that's available at launch and it's pretty impressive. Then when you add everything that will be coming later it becomes apparent what a great service this will be. Hopefully I can get my hands on one of these codes and save some money. Either way I'll be signing up.

I haven't seen though, whether this offer is definitely legit from Disney. I haven't heard anything about the offer - it's not advertised. Has anyone actually accepted the offer and know it's not a scam?

I read elsewhere that people were receiving this offer somehow through their Disney credit cards. Apparently it's legit. My sister and her family are Annual Passholders and she received the offer in the mail. She actually received two separate mailings, one for her and one for her husband, so she's letting me have one of them. I'll be signing up today for the three years at the discounted rate. I may add Hulu on its own later, but I'm not a sports fan so I don't really need ESPN.

I read elsewhere that people were receiving this offer somehow through their Disney credit cards. Apparently it's legit. My sister and her family are Annual Passholders and she received the offer in the mail. She actually received two separate mailings, one for her and one for her husband, so she's letting me have one of them. I'll be signing up today for the three years at the discounted rate. I may add Hulu on its own later, but I'm not a sports fan so I don't really need ESPN.
I'm glad you were able to get this offer. We didn't get anything in the mail, just one of us via email. And I get a lot of phishing emails from fake Apple, Paypal, and the like which makes me leery sometimes.

We think we want to keep our Hulu too, as I've said which makes this decision a bit more of a challenge. But as you've said, I think we will let our subscription lapse, then pick it up at the $5.99 plan later. We'd probably also get the free trial month from Hulu that way, and there is no difference in cost if we continue our plan or wait. I'm not sure but I think there are no other monthly charges/taxes - just $5.99 for Hulu with ads, without add on's (we're on the promo rate right now). I was trying to see if it costs more to have Hulu separately vs. in the packaged deal.

We are big into sports but I have no idea what more ESPN+ adds other than lesser watched sports games and ability to read ESPN articles.

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-pl...o-stream-release-date-marvel-star-wars-pixar/
So this article highlights what will be avail. day 1 on Disney+ and rumored schedule of when shows are coming. A little disappointed that some of the Marvel shows are mostly 2021 (Loki, Wanda) or significantly later (Falcon/Winter Soldier late 2020). But it's still a good deal vs. Netflix, which we're keeping. We're actually adding Amazon Prime just because we want the shipping perks in the coming yr for a baby. So with Prime and Disney added, should help make up for loss of Hulu for a while.

It's a great deal if you're a fan of any of the Disney properties. I was looking over a list of everything that's available at launch and it's pretty impressive. Then when you add everything that will be coming later it becomes apparent what a great service this will be. Hopefully I can get my hands on one of these codes and save some money. Either way I'll be signing up.

Do you have a Disney Visa credit card? They had a deal there too.

I was trying to see if it costs more to have Hulu separately vs. in the packaged deal.

We are big into sports but I have no idea what more ESPN+ adds other than lesser watched sports games and ability to read ESPN articles.

I think if you're not interested in ESPN+ then it's less expensive to get Hulu separately than to get the bundle with everything, but that's only if you take advantage of one of the pre-paid Disney+ offers. Otherwise it's less expensive to get the bundle with everything. For example, I will be getting Disney+ for $4.72 a month with the discount offer. If I add Hulu for $5.99 a month that totals roughly $10.71 for both. If I get the bundle including ESPN+ It's $12.99 a month, which is only $2+ extra a month. It's not a whole lot more, but for something I won't use, I'd rather skip it. Not to mention, me getting Hulu isn't a lock. I have never subscribed and I'm only casually interested in some of their original programming. So I may not even add it at all, which would save me an extra $6 a month. I already pay for Netflix and I have Amazon Prime. Amazon's programming is just a bonus for me though because I mainly pay for Prime to save on shipping throughout the year, as we shop quite a bit on Amazon. So for me I almost consider the Amazon programming as "free".

As far as the content available at launch, between myself, my wife and my kids there's more than enough we are interested in watching at launch. I don't mind them rolling things out slowly. My #1 interest for Disney+ is Star Wars, followed by Marvel, Pixar and Disney in general. Can't wait to dig in to so many things I haven't seen in a while!

I think if you're not interested in ESPN+ then it's less expensive to get Hulu separately than to get the bundle with everything, but that's only if you take advantage of one of the pre-paid Disney+ offers. Otherwise it's less expensive to get the bundle with everything. For example, I will be getting Disney+ for $4.72 a month with the discount offer. If I add Hulu for $5.99 a month that totals roughly $10.71 for both. If I get the bundle including ESPN+ It's $12.99 a month, which is only $2+ extra a month. It's not a whole lot more, but for something I won't use, I'd rather skip it. Not to mention, me getting Hulu isn't a lock. I have never subscribed and I'm only casually interested in some of their original programming. So I may not even add it at all, which would save me an extra $6 a month. I already pay for Netflix and I have Amazon Prime. Amazon's programming is just a bonus for me though because I mainly pay for Prime to save on shipping throughout the year, as we shop quite a bit on Amazon. So for me I almost consider the Amazon programming as "free".

As far as the content available at launch, between myself, my wife and my kids there's more than enough we are interested in watching at launch. I don't mind them rolling things out slowly. My #1 interest for Disney+ is Star Wars, followed by Marvel, Pixar and Disney in general. Can't wait to dig in to so many things I haven't seen in a while!

I agree completely. We're getting Prime for the 1st time for the shipping and baby registry benefits, but I don't really want to get it - don't currently shop much on Amazon, but I suppose we will be shopping more. We should also look into possibly signing up for a Prime credit card for the extra 5% rewards. I've heard that the Prime streaming isn't that great - although I watched Jack Ryan last wknd and it was really good. We're also keeping Netflix, and probably delaying re-upping Hulu after we watch a ton of Disney+. Think I'm most excited about Marvel, then Star Wars, Pixar, Disney, Fox. Weird that Endgame isn't going to be avail. until 12/11 when already on video.

we pulled the trigger and bought the 3 yr subscription for Disney+. only 1 more month of waiting. Meanwhile there's college football.

I have a code for a 2 year deal if someone needs one. I just checked and it is still working

Anyone else having trouble with logging in? I want to sign up for the free trial, but clicking on Log In doesn't do anything.

Anyone else having trouble with logging in? I want to sign up for the free trial, but clicking on Log In doesn't do anything.
I'm having trouble too.
There's a picture of Wreck It Ralph and a message - Unable to connect to Disney+ and to retry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!