Disney Princess groped, man arrested

You’re right. No trial, no right to a lawyer, no due process, don’t even ask him what happened. Sort of like the Duke lacrosse players.
Just lock him up for life with no questions asked.

Look, I am NOT saying he is innocent. I am saying he is entitled to due process under our system. As I said, if he’s guilty than I’m all for certain and swift punishment.

I am not aware of his past record other than what I have read here. I do know someone can be a registered sex offender for relieving himself in back of a dumpster. I am not saying that is the case here, that is just an example.

Here's the thing. When it comes to adult guests, characters have to be the ones to initiate contact. This goes doubly so for princesses and especially for princesses who aren't quite as covered as others. The moment the guy touched Ariel in any way that she did not invite, it became unwanted contact and legally can be considered battery.

My dad and I as adults visited Ariel and yet we had absolutely no issues keeping our hands to ourselves. The only contact we had was when Ariel offered her arms for each of us to hook our own arm for a photo. The gentlemanly pose and all that. The talk about "due process" is just a dog whistle to try to get others to ignore the larger issue of consent and inappropriate touching. Just stop excusing bad behavior.

[Edit]To be clear kids should also wait for characters to initiate but they sometimes don't know better. Adults do

Last edited:
I truly believe nobody here has actually read my posts.

Not that you owe anyone an explanation, but I think what you have said is confusing. On the one hand you say you wouldn't believe the man, on the other you say there are two sides to every story. I don't think there is any doubt that this man did what he is accused of and many are going to find it disrespectful to the victim to remain seemingly undecided on the issue. I think we're still not understanding your position, again, not that you need to explain yourself to anyone.

New reports coming in Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck was also touched inappropriate in the month of December. One guy was a dvc member who touched Minnie.

Last edited:

With the DVC member I am reading it correctly as he is banned from SSR as well right?

With the DVC member I am reading it correctly as he is banned from SSR as well right?

I don't know. The statement is really awkwardly worded:

'“As a result, he was trespassed from all of Walt Disney World property, to exclude the Saratoga Springs resort,” the sheriff’s report said.'

If he's trespassed from all WDW property, why then say "to exclude the Saratoga Springs Resort"? That to me indicates what they're saying is he's banned from everything but SSR. But I'm not sure I'm interpreting that right either.

I would really wish Disney would step up and just do outright bans from all their properties (DCL, DL, DL, etc.) for people like this.

I don't know. The statement is really awkwardly worded:

'“As a result, he was trespassed from all of Walt Disney World property, to exclude the Saratoga Springs resort,” the sheriff’s report said.'

If he's trespassed from all WDW property, why then say "to exclude the Saratoga Springs Resort"? That to me indicates what they're saying is he's banned from everything but SSR. But I'm not sure I'm interpreting that right either.

I would really wish Disney would step up and just do outright bans from all their properties (DCL, DL, DL, etc.) for people like this.
Okay so I'm not the only one confused about the wording. Since real estate is in the mix can they actually ban him from his own property since DVC members are given deeds?

Okay so I'm not the only one confused about the wording. Since real estate is in the mix can they actually ban him from his own property since DVC members are given deeds?
Is there anything in the time share docs about basic decent behavior? Maybe he has to actually violate there to void his DVC deal?
Just wondering. It's kinda bizarre he's banned everywhere except a huge resort.

Is there anything in the time share docs about basic decent behavior? Maybe he has to actually violate there to void his DVC deal?
I'll have to read through them tonight but as far as I know they are our points to do as we please with and Disney can't take them away from us in a legal way

Yeah he can't legally be banned from SSR because he owns a portion of the resort. So they can ban him from everything else at Disney; however, anything he "pays" for (through MF) or owns with DVC he can not be banned from. As for voiding his DVC deal that isn't something to be done because it isn't a deal or contract but he actually owns real estate interest in SSR and has a deed. DVC would have to sue to force him to sell his deed (and even that I think would be unlikely). There are rules on conduct in the SSR bylaws but those apply to actions carried out at SSR and can't be applied to actions outside of where he owns. If he violates SSR Bylaws or Rules they can sue for sure to force him to sell or severely fine him which makes his points unusable.

It's really akin to Disney trying to take his primary residency away (if he own it). Something they can't do.

Yeah he can't legally be banned from SSR because he owns a portion of the resort. So they can ban him from everything else at Disney; however, anything he "pays" for (through MF) or owns with DVC he can not be banned from. As for voiding his DVC deal that isn't something to be done because it isn't a deal or contract but he actually owns real estate interest in SSR and has a deed. DVC would have to sue to force him to sell his deed (and even that I think would be unlikely). There are rules on conduct in the SSR bylaws but those apply to actions carried out at SSR and can't be applied to actions outside of where he owns. If he violates SSR Bylaws or Rules they can sue for sure to force him to sell or severely fine him which makes his points unusable.
Okay that's how I thought it would go. I'm sure this will be a discussion Disney lawyers talk about if they can amend bylaws with member vote of approval

Okay that's how I thought it would go. I'm sure this will be a discussion Disney lawyers talk about if they can amend bylaws with member vote of approval
I believe (if I remember correctly from my own condo purchases) it's very hard for a Condo association to include conduct or ethical rules for events that occur off the property. Mostly because they have no claim to any harm committed by the actions. So I suspect Disney just likely offers to buy the points back at a fair price.

Though Bylaw modifications won't require member approval since DVC can amend them anytime, lol (and we signed over voting rights to them for most items). So if they legally can I'm sure they will consider it like you suggested.

I believe (if I remember correctly from my own condo purchases) it's very hard for a Condo association to include conduct or ethical rules for events that occur off the property. Mostly because they have no claim to any harm committed by the actions. So I suspect Disney just likely offers to buy the points back at a fair price.

Though Bylaw modifications won't require member approval since DVC can amend them anytime, lol (and we signed over voting rights to them for most items). So if they legally can I'm sure they will consider it like you suggested.
I honestly thought we had a vote at those yearly December meetings they do. We have yet to make it to one and that's what we thought happens there

I honestly thought we had a vote at those yearly December meetings they do. We have yet to make it to one and that's what we thought happens there
I was specifically told I was signing my voting interest away to Disney when I bought Direct (as I'm sure that is true, I'll have to relook at my closing docs). I'm fairly certain they maintain a 2% interest in each unit as a requirement to maintain the ability to control the voting interest in the unit. But at the Annual Meeting no member votes but the Board (which apparently does have 1 member on it) does vote to approve the budgets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter