Disney Princess groped, man arrested

Two different problems, 1 topic? Seems like a way to stop discussion on a touchy issue.

This story is not completely new. Back when I was in college at a major Florida college think about when EPCOT Center was about to open, many of my Orlando friends worked at Walt Disney World during their high school days and early college years (during summer break).

Many of the "plush" type female characters (think Minnie Mouse, etc) actually had males in the costume and the "plush" male characters had females in the the costume. At the time the consensus was it was more about physical (
non-sexual) assault.

I applaud the woman in speaking up and seeking justice. Leave it to a judge and/or jury to hear all evidence and make a decision on appropriate punishment if verdict is guilty.

I'm curious - is the complaint that being patted on the head really possible? I mean, I find it really hard to believe that a few light pats on the head are going to cause injury.

Incidents like these makes us genuine male fans of the Disney Princesses fear that we'd be tarred with the same brush as that creep. We're not all that bad, but we definitely don't want to see more horrible incidents like these happen again, but sadly, anything nefarious can happen in Disney.

I'm curious - is the complaint that being patted on the head really possible? I mean, I find it really hard to believe that a few light pats on the head are going to cause injury.

It ummm, made the head slip which put a lot of weight on the CM's neck. I've never worn THAT suit before but I have been in a mascot costume for a store (It was a giraffe) and I could see it happening. Ours had a chest piece to try to prevent slippage but it still occurred and when it did the neck and shoulders became really hard to bear all that weight on at such a weird angle.

It ummm, made the head slip which put a lot of weight on the CM's neck. I've never worn THAT suit before but I have been in a mascot costume for a store (It was a giraffe) and I could see it happening. Ours had a chest piece to try to prevent slippage but it still occurred and when it did the neck and shoulders became really hard to bear all that weight on at such a weird angle.

I ummm, know what it said. But I was asking legitimately as I have no idea how heavy those heads are. I wasn't sure if it was actually plausible, or if it was perhaps a bit embellished.

I ummm, know what it said. But I was asking legitimately as I have no idea how heavy those heads are. I wasn't sure if it was actually plausible, or if it was perhaps a bit embellished.

I'd like to think it's plausible. I think our giraffe head was about 25-30lbs and most of it was foam and plastics. I dunno if the mouse is made of stronger stuff or not but really it's the muscle tone of the person I suppose. :D I'll have to ask Mickey if he lifts.

(PS the 'ummms' and goofball stuffs in my posts are meant to be of a playful nature and sorry if I come off as condescending. Never my intent. :D)

I'd like to think it's plausible. I think our giraffe head was about 25-30lbs and most of it was foam and plastics. I dunno if the mouse is made of stronger stuff or not but really it's the muscle tone of the person I suppose. :D I'll have to ask Mickey if he lifts.

(PS the 'ummms' and goofball stuffs in my posts are meant to be of a playful nature and sorry if I come off as condescending. Never my intent. :D)

Good to know. It's been a bad online night, a lot of jerks out there, so my radar is a bit sensitive, LOL. Sorry for the retialitory "ummm"! I couldn't imagine having 25-30 lbs on my head, good grief. I didn't realize they would be that heavy.

Should never have been allowed into a place like Disney!

While I don't condone the offender's behaviour

How do you propose Disney do this? Put in control gates at the road entrances to Disney property, where they run back ground checks. Or perhaps do back ground checks at the entrances to the parks.

It is nice to express these palliatives, but there is the real world where no one can ever be absolutely safe. To make everyone absolutely safe would require giving up all of your privacy at best and still you would not be completely safe.

Incidents like these makes us genuine male fans of the Disney Princesses fear that we'd be tarred with the same brush as that creep. We're not all that bad, but we definitely don't want to see more horrible incidents like these happen again, but sadly, anything nefarious can happen in Disney.
This is why I am glad they included some real detail of what happened. It obviously was not accidental contact but full on creep mode. I think when decent men hear vague accounts of these kinds of assaults it's natural to worry about if you've ever accidently came off wrong or had accidental contact, but when you see the details it's clear that it wasn't an accident.

At the end of the day, if you are a guy it's probably best to follow the lead of the characters and no one will think anything about you being a creep.

Some of it might be policy. The CM told her lead her neck got hurt and they mad her go to the hospital. I know it is policy at my company that if you have an injury at work you get checked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter