• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Quest- Should I Go ??

RalphMouth

<font color=teal>Obviously freaky things always ca
I'm 35 yrs old & my wife 29. No children.
Will we enjoy Disney Quest ??
Would purchase tickets at Ticketmania for discount.

How much time should we allow at Disney Quest ?

When does it get busy ??

We were thinking of going Sat April 29th sometime around
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Do you and your wife enjoy video games? DQ has one solid floor of the "old-style" video arcade games, plus a couple of pool hockey tables. The other floors have more interactive games that are virtual reality - kind of cool if you've never tried it before. My DH and I are both 34 now and my DH really enjoys it. I go along because I know he has such a good time there, but I've never really been into gaming so I get pretty tired of it after a couple of hours. You can stay inside for the whole day if you want. I think most people get their fill in 6 hours or less.

If you click here I think this will answer most of your questions.

Hope you have a magical trip! :Pinkbounc

If you go, don't forget to make your own simulated roller coaster. It's the best but if you put loops in make sure your speed is over 35 mph. HAVE FUN! My DH,DS & I went last year it's pretty cool. My DH is in his forties and had alot fun. :Pinkbounc

RALPHMOUTH,

I'M 33 AND MY B/F IS 39 AND WE HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!! WE WENT ON A SATURDAY EVENING AROUND 8:00 AND IT WAS VERY CROWDED SO YOUR CHOICE WILL BE BETTER.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!

LAH

I'm 23 and my husband is 26 and we did Disney Quest on our last trip the last week in February only because it was freezing outside and I'm thinking that just because it is Florida I can wear a tank top to Downtown Disney. I think the price is a little steep for what you get but there are some cool things. I would definately do the make your own roller coaster thing. The Pirates of the Carribean and the virtual jungle cruise are really cool too. After a few hours though I started to feel a little nausiated. Or like my head wasn't on right. They also have an animation class like at the behind the animation tour at MGM but the one at MGM is a lot better, first of all the one at Disney quest you do on a computer type of screen and you have to pay for your artwork if youwant it. The one at mgm you do with a pencil and paper and you get to take it home with you for free. The good thing about the one at DQ is though that the lesson lasts for 30 minutes and the one at MGM only lasts for 8. and you get to erase on the computer one. the screen was just hard to draw on for me. but i draw all of the time and i guess i'm just used to a certain thing. ok hope it helps.

My DH and I are 36 and we always go to DQ if we have hoppers that include it. We usually go on our last day before the airport. We can spend 4 or 5 hours there easy! We usually go during the early hours of the day and it has never been mobbed! I love the pinball hockey, you play against others. You are the pinball and you are trying to score points while watching a giant screen. We also love the hidden treasures. It requires two people. One to control the jeep and another to follow the jeep under the floor and tell the other which way to turn. I love the 80's games! PacMan, Donkey Kong, Frogger, etc... There are several virtual reality games that are cool too. I don't know any of there names. But one is a white water rafting adventure and one is a pirate ship looking for treasures.

:D

Are the arcade games free? I didn't know if they were included in the price of admission, and if they aren't free can anyone tell me how much they are? I'm assuming not the old 25cents....

The only ones not free are the ones that spit out tickets that you redeem for prizes, ala Chucky Cheese. We always go early when it opens, do Pirates of the Caribbean a few times and then do the other things. PotC gets very long lines throughout the day.

RalphMouth, if you still haven't bought your park tickets, consider getting them from Paramount ( http://www.gopitravel.com ). I read they are giving away a DisneyQuest admission ticket with each PHP they sell. Plus they are right there with TicketMania in terms of price. I would call them though, rather than buying online, to make sure. (Also check out Maple Leaf Tickets for good prices, usually better than both, by a couple bucks.)

ashjohnson80, I know what you mean. I am sort of a geek, spend alot of time in front of a computer, but after about 4 hours, I was done! Not because I wanted to be, but I just didn't feel right. I would recommend maybe allotting more time (maybe 6-7 hours), getting there when they open and spending a couple hours, then take an hour break outside, then back in to finish. That would have helped me. Also, it could have been "Ride the Comix" that did it to me - things started going downhill quickly after that. And it's not worth it, it isn't that good I didn't think.

Most things are great though! One fun thing I don't think anybody has mentioned in this thread is Buzz Lightyear's Astroblaster. That was pretty fun too, along with Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and CyberSpace Mountain.

I think I'm a minority here, but I didn't like Disney Quest. It was included in my package so I didn't have to pay an additional charge. My advice to you is if you have to pay an additional charge, I would skip it. If it is included in your price it's worth a look. I think they could have done something so much cooler. I wasn't impressed at all.

:wave:

I'm 33 and my Dh is 34 and we lovvvvvve it!

I love to play that star wars game where you race the pods!

my 5 yr old DS loves it as well, he's all the time yelling mom were you as good as me on this game when you were little??

Speaking of the relic ms pac man of course lol

We LOVE this place!! I bought my tickets thru ticketmania(thanks to a mousesavers deal) a few months ago for $20.00 each. We'll probably go some afternoon on our summer trip! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I'm 36 and DH is 34 and I think we're more psyched about going than the kids. We were both big video parlor junkies as teenagers and the thought of having all the oldies at our disposal without using any quarters sounds like a awesome blast from the past. Enough that we're sending DS4 to the Neverland Club so we don't need to worry about him getting bored. :tongue: :sunny:

DH & I are 32 and we love DQ!! I'm actually kind of bummed we'll have our kids w/ us this time because we might not get to enjoy DQ as much as we did alone (boy, do I sound like a horrible mom or what?!) LOL!

Go! See who can design the best rollercoaster :)

Just thought I'd pipe in mainly to say HI :wave: from Denver!

If I didn't have a kid or taking kids I probably wouldn't buy a ticket to go. But being there, I do enjoy it.

I'd say go because it is an experience that we certainly can't do in Denver! Be sure to do Pirates of the Caribbean!

Sharon

Definitely it's worth a go, but the best time is in the morning because everyone else will be at the parks. I think its worth a few hours. Personally, my DH and I spend the whole time on the classic video games floor playing Q-bert and Ms. Pac-Man, but there is a bunch of other stuff to do. The interactive stuff is neat...like building your own rollercoaster, etc.

We always plan on a visit to DisneyQuest.

Well, last summer we had an evening planned after a day at the water parks.

We had an absolute blast! Being a bunch of paintball players, we blew the doors off of PoTC.

When we got done EVERYONE in our group agreed that next time we needed to set aside a day for DQ.

We had lots of fun, but after a while, there were some in our group that became overwhelmed by all the people (it is crowded), all the noises, lights, etc. AFter a while, DS & DH couldn't wait to get out of there. Yet, we had to go hunting for the other DH & his 2 DS-10 because they were having so much fun. We all loved the Pirates of the Caribbean & the Jungle Cruise. We went as part of the UPH, but would not have gone in at full price for a party of 8.

Should you go? Well, if you get a good price, I'd say DO IT! That way you can say you didn't miss anything that WDW had to offer!

I can get 4 DQ passes for 91.39- Is that a good price? Can you leave and then go back or is it a one visit pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter