Disney Radko Ornaments

thank you very much. I also found one on Replacements (but they wanted a LOT more $$$) I will ck this out. Sick that I dropped and broke ours!

Hi I just came across this board. My name is Michael, Ive been collecting ornaments for about 25 years. I only collect "GLASS" ornaments. My collection is reaching the 7000+ mark. While I do collect Radko ornaments and Disney, I collect everything, as long as it glass. I have many Radko Disney ornaments. As stated above Radko no longer has the license to make Disney ornaments. Not to mention, a Disney license is very expensive. The best way to complete or get Disney ornaments is E Bay. Specialty stores, and small ornament stores are probably winding down what stock they have, and you probably wont find much. I know people love Radko as I do, but there are still alot of Disney GLASS ornaments out thier and current. But E bay is about the only way. Thier not cheap, and you can expect to be in a dog fight for the ones that are rare. If you google Radko Disney ornaments, you might find some, I say Some special stores that still have a few. Also you can find archives on Google that show the pictures. Although not all are shown. If you think Radko Disneys are tough, try Radko Warner Bros & looney tunes, their even tougher. Anything Glass Looney Tunes is tough made by anyone. The Italain Radko Disneys are ever worse to find. The rarest of the breed. Those IF you find them on ebay can range from $100 to $500+ each, the sets are ever more high priced, Like Peter Pan whos Italian set can reach over $700. The Beaty and the Beast Italian set which is very very rare can go for over $500 for the set. They look beautiful but not cheap. David Strand made great Disney ornaments but they only lasted a few years, and hes at a stand still right now so no 2011 stuff. Everythign else is retired...De Carlini has some great italain Disneys, but thier exclusive and limited, best bet is ebay.
One of the Highest sets of Radko in Disney is Snow White set. The 60th Anniversary set is pretty rare and limited edition, retired of course, with the red apple, 7 dwarfs and Snowwhite, it was on ebay for $2000, thier set now thats $1000. The Apple is signed by Radko. We own the Very Very rare Gold Edition set, same as the other but in agold velvet box with a Gold Apple, and the Apple signed, we paid $900 for it 10 years ago, its worth $2500 now, as it was limited to 300 sets, unlike the 60th anniversary set with I think is Limited to 1500 sets or something in that nature. The Little mermaid ornaments are tough to find they can range from $60 to 100 for Ariel, but the limited 500 edition boxed set has all 4 with a special Little Mermaid box - Snowwhite Evil Queen set with Old Hag(Witch, the Evil Queen and rare Mirror, which only came in the 3 peice set can hit $500+ dollars also... Whats really rare is the Italian Evil Queen theres only a hand full ever made. Radko's Disney Hunchback is very rare, its the Hunchback Hanging on a bell, I have a picture but its one I dont own, and after. I saw it on ebay 9 years ago, and didn't get it, which was dumb, Ive never seen one since. Anyway babbled enough, good luck in finding Disney ornaments, I look everyday for Disney stuff and all Ornaments. I never though Id live to see the day I find a Disney GLASS Pixar Cars ornaments. Rusty McQueen, and Toemator, sure enough, they came out this year. Best place to find Cheap but cool Disney ornaments is Target...They go quick trust me. Walmart might have them, but limited, last year they had Micky and Pooh. Disney stores at the Disney Parks in LA and Orlando of course will have Glass Disney stuff, thier made in China, so no thier not German, Italian, Polish made like your use to from Radko, but still pretty cool, and exclusive to only the Theme park stores. But again, Disney stuff AT Disney is not cheap... Anyone have any questions they can always email me lamike049 @ hotmail . com My collection is slowly be loaded ont he flicker, but its very very time consuming, so be patient, and I'll shoot a link in a few weeks...Michael

On the person who asked about the Dwarfs..yes they are sold each...They also come in a set. Theres really 3 different sets..This is the Big set 5 1/2" were talking not the Petite --Their boxed as any Radko Its black box saying Disney Snowwhite...The Special sets come with the Apple...Red for the Anniversary set (1500 limited) and Gold for the Special Edition set VERY RARE. (300 Limited) You can find Dwarfs on E bay

Great to know someone else has RADKO ornaments. Is there a Lightning McQueen Radko? Someone told me there was a few years ago but only sold in California. I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

No there has never been anything done in GLASS by pixar/cars untill this year.
Radko long let his license go before "CARS" even came out so that is false. Thier might have been a fan made one someway or how and painted and had the stickers or and number put on it, but never a licensed "CAR" (Pixar) Ornament. Except in Resin via Hallmark/Carlton Cards Those are resin. This is the first year these are done via glass, they are NOT radko, and sold at Target. Radko does NOT have any license to do Disney stuff...Only Disney has thier own stuff now, although thier are some cool knock off italian ones..But again not Radko. Disney Stuff can be found at the Disney Stores, Target, Sears, JC Penny, Maybe Toys R US & Walmart, and of course at both parks in Orlando and LA..And On E Bay :yay::surfweb:

Mike

thank you so very very much. I really appreciate the insight. I have a lot of RADKO Disney ornaments and want to leave them to my granddaughter. It is good to know what is 'real' and what isn't.

Here is a great sight for "REFERANCE" These are NOT for sale, but this will give you an idea of all the RADKO Disney ornamenst out there. NOT everything is listed (Proto Types and Italian ornaments are missing from these archives, but this will help people with thier "WISH" list and give you an idea of what you may be missing. Its a great site...

Since im a "NEWBIE" here I cant post links but if you google twoxmasjews then click on Radko Disney you see all the Disney Radko's or most of them anyway..Hope that helps
Michael

I was so excited to find this thread that I quit lurking and signed up for the boards so I could post!

I have close to 100 Disney Radko's and am constantly searching for more (just got Ursula and the Italian Tinkerbell today on ebay!). I refuse to overpay ($60 is about my limit).

Years ago I saw a Disneyland marque Radko on ebay. I figured it was a new ornament and more would pop up soon when the bidding on that hit $100 but I've never seen it again. It was brightly colored and ran horizontal. Did I imagine this?

Anyone know where there is a link or site listing all Disney Radko's with photo? I would love to see ornament king's collection when he finishes that project. There used to be an incomplete page on the radko sign but that too is gone. Anywhere else to see/purchase Disney Radkos other than ebay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter