Disney rain poncho exchange

sleepymouse

DIS Veteran
I have some Disney rain ponchos that I bought several years ago in Disneyland. They have rips in them, and I am wondering if Disney still allows you to exchange them for new ones at no cost. I don’t have a receipt any longer and plan to exchange them at Disney World.

I have some Disney rain ponchos that I bought several years ago in Disneyland. They have rips in them, and I am wondering if Disney still allows you to exchange them for new ones at no cost. I don’t have a receipt any longer and plan to exchange them at Disney World.
I don't know about the Disney World/Land part but I have had my poncho replaced twice at WDW for rips without a receipt or anything.

I believe there was a recent-ish thread about this, and the answer was yes. YMMV

I don't have experience with the Land/World situation but the ponchos we bought back in February at WDW had developed large rips in the neck area. We had only used them a few times, so when we went back in December we exchanged them at Mouse Gears. The CM there, an older gentleman, was VERY reluctant to exchange them. He kept repeating how STRANGE it was that they had ripped, how that NEVER happens. Just kept saying how STRANGE. I know he repeated that word at least 10 times. He finally did give us new ones and then made us open them and inspect them in front of him for some reason. It was overall a really awkward experience! My mom and I both agreed afterward that maybe he felt we purposely ripped them to get new ones. It was a STRANGE interaction. LOL.

Is this for ponchos only? I ask because I have a Mickey bubble wand that has always leaked out of the bottom. I'm going back in a week and my wife wants me to try and exchange it. We were able to swap out a different bubble wand that was broken on our last trip without a receipt, but I felt more comfortable doing that as it broke and was swapped all on the same trip.

I think asking CM's to exchange ponchos that the guest has ripped is not right. I wouldn't buy something at a store, break it, and then expect to take it back, especially months/years later. Disney has a 30 day return policy now printed on the receipts, so keeping receipts is important.

I think asking CM's to exchange ponchos that the guest has ripped is not right. I wouldn't buy something at a store, break it, and then expect to take it back, especially months/years later. Disney has a 30 day return policy now printed on the receipts, so keeping receipts is important.
Disagree strongly. So long as you are not lying what is wrong with asking? The worst Disney will do is say no. If they say yes, well, that’s them being Disney and standing by the quality of their products.

Its more about the quality of the ponchos being so bad in recent years. i have had one rip, through no fault of my own on the same day i bought it. It may even have already been ripped when it was sold to me it was so close in time. They let me exchange it no problem, but i would agree that exchanging one years later is taking advantage.

When Disney itself promises that when you buy them you can get them replaced for any reason it is not wrong. When we bought ours we were specifically told that we can have them replaced at any time for any reason.... so when that is promised I dont see how its "wrong" to do what Disney tells you that you can do... js

When Disney itself promises that when you buy them you can get them replaced for any reason it is not wrong. When we bought ours we were specifically told that we can have them replaced at any time for any reason.... so when that is promised I dont see how its "wrong" to do what Disney tells you that you can do... js
Yes. Years ago, I remember thinking about buying a poncho, asking a cm the price and deciding to stick to the dollar store ponchos because the ponchos seemed pricey. And that was the hook that got me to buy. You can replace them for free, no questions asked, if they are ripped or torn.

Agree! And it wasn't as if we intentionally ripped our ponchos. We used them a couple of times on our February trip and the necks ripped just from normal use. I didn't know they could be exchanged at the time so I just figured we would use them with ripped necks. I brought them home, folded them and put them in a drawer. Didn't get them out until December. That's when I heard Disney might be willing to exchange them so we asked at Mouse Gears. Like I said in my earlier post, the CM was really weird about it, but did do it. If he had just said NO, we would've been okay with it. Never once did we insist that they do it or anything. We just kinda stood there bewildered while he kept saying how STRANGE it was. haha.

Interestingly, the Disney Moms Panel says that poncho exchanges are acceptable per an unofficial Disney policy but they do mention that it is subject to change at any time. I found that through a simple google search.

And yes, I would bring an item back to the store if it broke quickly with normal use. If I had known we could exchange them in February we would have done so. It is not as if we used the ponchos all year on a regular basis and then tried to exchange them for new ones.

I still have my yellow ponchos from years ago. The small one has been handed down to my granddaughter. When we were there is May I didn't bring them with me and had a day of rain. I decided to buy 2 new ones so we could go to the park. Both of them ripped at the neck when putting them on. I was able to exchange them first mine and then DH got ripped also at the neck. The quality is not what it was years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter