Disney Read Along Books? Help!

hmerritt

Mouseketeer
This is so insane, but I cannot barely find any of the Disney Read Along Books on cassette. Does anyone know where I can find any at reasonable prices? It seems there a lot on DVD and CD but barely any cassettes.

Thanks,
Heather

but here in new england, I buy them at Marshalls, TJMaxx, Ocean State Job Lot and Borders. Can't be picky about the titles at the discount stores, but I've found Robin Hood, Alice in Wonderland, 102 Dalmations and others.....
Good Luck!

Target has some. They have the ones that are just the tape and book for 6.99 or for 9.99 you can get some in a little plastic case that have the book, tape, and cd. The cd plays in the cd player or the computer. When it is in the computer you can read along and watch the story play on the screen. I like the fact that they come in a hard case, kinda like a video case, that keeps it all together and travels in the car. We have Little Mermaid and Pooh, but it shows Atlantis, Toy Story 2, Lion King, and Emperor's New Groove on the back of the box.

If you are trying to get cheap ones, how about making them your self. I have bought cassette tapes at the thrift stores, placed tape over the holes on the top so I could record on them, and recorded them myself. Kinda like a bedtime story. Sometimes when I get creative, I will make sound effects with things in the house. Ring a bell when it's time to turn the page and it as good as store bought. (My girls like them better because it's mommy.) I use a black marker to color in the writing on the tape and use stickers or make a sticker on the computer to put on the tape with the book name.

Amazon.com has some. I did a search for Disney read along and it came back w/quite a few. around the 7.00 range and a banner at the top said free shipping w/ 25.00 (restrictions apply)

Good luck

I will check Target and TJmaxx and Disney Store. As for Amazon, a lot of matches came back but when you actually click on it, it is no longer available. I like the idea of doing the tapes myself too. We got Alex that tuff stuff recorder at a steal for christmas and I was surprised to see the tapes running almost more than what I paid for the recorder!! lol~ I was also surprised that there was such a small selection of cassettes. Who in the mind would give a three year old a cd player? lol~

Heather

You might also want to check Ebay if you use that site. I did a search last night and there were quite a few.

i have seen them in Wal-Mart in the music section too for 8.99 or 9.99 .. hope this helps michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter