Disney Reception Locations

Mari0824

Earning My Ears
Hi!

So my fiancé and I have been engaged for almost a year now and the only thing we know for certain is that we want a Disney Wedding but we both not only want a Disney Wedding we would love to be married and have our reception at Disney's Polynesian Resort.

We are both beyond in love with this resort from our first time as a couple on vacation to my proposal! With that being said we can def have our ceremony there but not our reception and it's beyond frustrating because Disney Weddings cater to your dream come true and I just don't understand why this hotel has no venue to host a small reception.

My consultant has stated there is no venue there and I have even contemplated doing the escape in order to just host our dinner at Ohana but unfortunately I am over 20 guests.

I inquired on the Terrace at The Grotto before they open but can't use this location either per my consultant. I have even contemplated talking to a manager at Polynesian to see if there is a space they can use for us. I have searched online and read about Tangaroa Terrace that is now used as a meeting space but have had no luck getting much information on this. Does anyone here have any ideas for us? Our guest count is under 30.

I know, when we were looking into doing our wedding at Disney we were disappointed as well that Poly didn't have more options.

Did you check into the Luau? I'm sure it wouldn't be available as part of the packages they offer for the reception, but maybe you could do that as part of the celebration and pick another location for the dinner the day of?

Trader Sam's is available for receptions ending before 3pm, with a $1,500 food and beverage minimum. You could have a morning ceremony on Luau Beach and then walk over to Trader Sam's for a brunch or lunch reception.

Thank you! I think we are going to steer away from Poly and maybe do a resort session there instead.

Thank you Lurkyloo but my consultant said that space is no longer available as an option. I had first read about it on your passporter and inquired immediately but they said it's no longer in use for private events. Unless she meant the Terrace only.

Meh... They say stuff like that, but almost any location is available if they apply to the resort/park for permission. I mean, unless Trader Sam's now opens earlier for brunch or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!