Disney Reservations that were cancelled and rebooked with Free Dining.

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.

Does this include us?

If so that is TOTAL BS.

I am so sorry for all of you that have had your trips canceled and canceled and finally got a free dining perk... and now they took that away as well. That just sucks frankly

For those that rebooked with the free dining perk, did you have to pay rack rate for your room?

Someone on the dining plan forums posted that those who lost their free dining will be able to rebook their hotel with a 35% savings. I looked for it on the Disney website but couldn't find it. It's also posted on disneyfoodblog.

Someone on the dining plan forums posted that those who lost their free dining will be able to rebook their hotel with a 35% savings. I looked for it on the Disney website but couldn't find it. It's also posted on disneyfoodblog.

It says dining plan will be cancelled and you can rebook at a later date with the 35% discount. I can't figure out if they expect people to keep a rack rate reservation or if they are cancelling the whole reservation, not just the dining plan.

Yes when I rebooked May to September I had to pay rack rate to get the free dining. But I heard through the tourist blog, guests with free dining canceled will have the opportunity to rebook rooms at a 35% discount. So I am waiting to see what happens.

Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.

Does this include us?

If so that is TOTAL BS.

The world as we know has ended Monorail Man. Disney will never be the same. We will never be the same. And yes I also called BS but it's over, it's all over and we all need to except the global depression that is coming is far worse than losing Ohana during fireworks. And say this crying because I had ohana during fireworks.

An Important Walt Disney World Update​
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we’ve changed—and even suspended—some dining and other experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system as well. We’ll send you details on this new system shortly.
Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel dining reservations and experience reservations you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.
There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.​
I received this email. They haven't cancelled by dining plan or resort reservation just my ADRs. Free dining summer offer.

It says dining plan will be cancelled and you can rebook at a later date with the 35% discount. I can't figure out if they expect people to keep a rack rate reservation or if they are cancelling the whole reservation, not just the dining plan.
So, a discount off our room that was booked with free dining?

I had the recovery free dining booked at Wilderness Lodge. It'd be pretty sweet if I could keep the room and not pay rack rate for it while now having to pay for food on top of it. But my TA seems to think that any discounts are for future bookings, not this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts