Disney Resort Picture of the Day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
Okay, so the DIS's Theme Park Attractions and Stratagies has this ongoing thread with everyone posting their fav pics from 1 of the 4 WDW parks. So I thought, how about pics of the resorts :cool1:

I am not sure if this has been done before but thought it may be fun and a chance to get a better look at some of the places we have stayed at or wish to stay at so here it goes.....

Rules:

1.Your pic must be of one of the WDW value, mod, deluxe, or home away from home resorts, also including Swan/Dolphin and Ft Wilderness.
2.It must be a pic you have taken (not copied and pasted from another website)
3.Explain what resort and why you have chosen that pic
4.Only post 1 picture a day.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!

This is a pic of the Poly in May 2005, looking back from the boat dock while waiting for the MK boat. I loved hanging out on this dock looking at the resort in one direction and then the MK on the other side. Very exciting!!!

67444poly.jpg

bc-lobby-art.jpg

My DD Noel, with Art the Greeter in the Lobby of the Beach Club :)

We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter this past May, and took a leisurely walk to Riverside one morning. This photo was edited in Photoshop to give it a slight "glow".

4063IMG_3887_20050513-2-glow2-640.jpg

TwoOldPooh's...

Just wanted to say that your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! I looked at your pictures on your website and they are all very professional. I was amazed that I can't see other guests in your pictures... looks like you got the parks to yourself!

Do you happen to have made any desktop wallpaper of the castle or any of your other pictures?

DisneyHoneyMoon

DisneyHoneyMoon said:
TwoOldPooh's...

Just wanted to say that your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! I looked at your pictures on your website and they are all very professional. I was amazed that I can't see other guests in your pictures... looks like you got the parks to yourself!

Do you happen to have made any desktop wallpaper of the castle or any of your other pictures?

DisneyHoneyMoon

Thank you, DisneyHoneyMoon! I wish I had the parks to myself! Sometimes I have to wait a long time to get a clear shot. Also, photoshop is my friend. :teeth:

I haven't made any WDW images into wallpaper yet. I'm currently using a picture of a tiger (taken at the zoo) as my wallpaper. Is there any specific image you're interested in? I can check and see if it can be sized properly.

Two Old Poohs:

I want whatever camera you are using! Your photos are amazing. What sort of camera did you take them with?

okay here is mine for today...

This is a pic from our room at the Dolphin looking over at the Swan. Part of the Boardwalk in is on the top left and the Epcot Boat is ready to dock!!!

67444swan_from_dolphin.jpg

view3.jpg

Looking left from our 5th floor balcony, Kudu Trail at Animal Kingdom Lodge

two old poohs: your pictures are absolutely AMAZING! If only you have them in print, id totally buy a few and put them up my wall :)

GCH at night
227c91dd.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! said:
two old poohs: your pictures are absolutely AMAZING! If only you have them in print, id totally buy a few and put them up my wall :)

I'll have to second that. The quality of those pics is amazing! Is Canon EOS 300D accurate? I'm super jealous of your skills! pirate:

YesYourMajesty said:
I want whatever camera you are using! Your photos are amazing. What sort of camera did you take them with?

Thanks, YesYourMajesty! Most of them were taken with either the Canon EOS 20D or the Canon EOS Digital Rebel (300D).

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! said:

Thanks, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I think I've printed two pictures (out of thousands) so far. It's nice to know other people enjoy them as much as I do.

notnothin said:
I'll have to second that. The quality of those pics is amazing! Is Canon EOS 300D accurate? I'm super jealous of your skills! pirate:

Thanks, notnothin! I'm still learning ... and practicing ... so when I retire I can move to Orlando and apply for a job taking guest photos on Main Street! :goodvibes :earboy2:

TwoOldPoohs - Your pictures are incredible! I am so impressed with your talent!

I have a hereditary disorder that causes my hands to shake. Sometimes mildly, sometimes borderline uncontrollable, but always constant. As a result, most of my pictures look like I took them while doing cartwheels!

Looks to me like you are more than prepared to start your career as a Main Street photographer!

This was taken over Memorial Day weekend...

Not sure if I'd call this one "Poly" of "GF." :)

1873DSCF2088a-med.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!