• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Restaurant Not Accepting Disney Voucher?

DisneyKidds

<font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo
Picked this up on another board. Apparently, someone was told at Pepper Market in CSR that the establishment was no longer accepting Disney Quick and Casual Lunch or Dinner Vouchers, effective June 21, 2002. The manager even showed the guest a memo to that effect.

Pepper Market is listed as one of the places you can use these vouchers. These are official Disney vouchers, issued by the company. They can be obtained as part of travel packages, as a 'gift' for listening to the DVC speil, or purchased from Connections or other Disney discounters, and who knows where else.

Can anyone confirm this rumor? Should it be allowed? I have a few at home and will check to see if the places you can use them are 'subject to change'. If not, I would demand they let me use them. We often get these vouchers from Connections and make good use of them.

Right from the voucher:

Restaurant locations, components and terms are subject to change without notice:(

Just a note as well, The Pepper Market along with Maya Grill are not Disney Restaurants, but simply Restaurants on Disney property, much like McDonald's, Planet Hollywood, HOB, etc. The food locations at Coronado are run by the same outside company that runs the San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavillion.

The five words that changes everything. "Subject to change without notice."

No need to get hung up on who runs what, PM is listed on the back and is considered a Disney restaurant for purposes of the vouchers. That being said, I did confirm those 5 little words.

I do think that such clauses or exceptions are necessary for the lawyers to survive, as anything can happen. However, I do find it to be another small, annoying set back when a fully operational establishments no longer accept these types of items for nickel and dime reasons between the establishment and the Company. It is within their legal right, but it is a PR problem nonetheless.

p.s. - this is not a jump out of the car type of item. Remember, us Car #1 types can call a problem a problem. I will make the requisite complaints as well.

Sadly, nothing in life is gauranteed. I have a SIL, who is a travel agent. She went to a seminar and won a 10 day cruise to, all places, Tahiti. Would you know it, the cruise ship line went out of business before she could use it. She lost the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter