Disney Riviera Resort

So this seems to eliminate the concept of moderate DVC--- connected to two parks,as well as the boardwalk area, exclusive DVC restaurant, (assuming like BLT) and providing there will be all room categories..... What else is missing?

I hope this new resort has an amazing dedicated pool and some good restaurants, we already own BCV for Epcot and DHS access, so likely won't buy in, but it has the potential to be a very nice resort.

I know this is just concept art, but it looks just like all the non-Disney big hotels we pass on the highway going to Disney World on the Magical Express. But, I don't own DVC so I guess I'm not their target market!
I'll say this, as someone who vacations dvc, I enjoy the smaller, more spread out resorts more (bay lake tower works for me because the contemporary is also a high rise). But this is what they feel can get them the most bang for their buck so to speak

I can't imagine not staying at an Epcot area resort, but I might be persuaded by this one.

This resort will be a prime location! I imagine it will be similar to Bay Lake Tower. I am sure it will still have some Disney theming. Just more modern and clean like recent refurbishments.

I'll say this, as someone who vacations dvc, I enjoy the smaller, more spread out resorts more (bay lake tower works for me because the contemporary is also a high rise). But this is what they feel can get them the most bang for their buck so to speak

I love the idea of adding a lot of rooms to this general area! Then again, we're BLT owners and prefer that to the more spread out hotels.

I love the idea of adding a lot of rooms to this general area! Then again, we're BLT owners and prefer that to the more spread out hotels.
It depends on the location for me. Like I said, bay lake is perfect for that location, much like old key west can be spread out like it is and it works with the theme. I'll definitely wait and see what the finished product is like before I judge one way or another

They're really gonna have to pull out all the stops if this is gonna be a full on "deluxe" DVC experience. But it's not deluxe because they say it is. It really has to deliver on the amenities vs the location. The gondolas will help with that to an extent, assuming the concept works well. If the buy in is the same as Poly/Copper Creek then the nightly point values will have to be modest, maybe somewhere between the Animal Kingdom villas and the Wilderness Lodge villas.

I'll definitely wait and see what the finished product is like before I judge one way or another

Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll become. I have a goal of staying at every DVC resort at least for one night, so I'll eventually try to stay there regardless.

They're really gonna have to pull out all the stops if this is gonna be a full on "deluxe" DVC experience. But it's not deluxe because they say it is. It really has to deliver on the amenities vs the location. The gondolas will help with that to an extent, assuming the concept works well. If the buy in is the same as Poly/Copper Creek then the nightly point values will have to be modest, maybe somewhere between the Animal Kingdom villas and the Wilderness Lodge villas.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll become. I have a goal of staying at every DVC resort at least for one night, so I'll eventually try to stay there regardless.
You're so right. They need to have deluxe accommodations if they wanna charge tons and tons of points. I'm hoping it's a midrange point property, but we'll have to see

You're so right. They need to have deluxe accommodations if they wanna charge tons and tons of points. I'm hoping it's a midrange point property, but we'll have to see

Also I think the perception with DVC is location is totally key, other than Animal Kingdom. People put a lot of stock into walking to MK/EP or getting that overrated (personal opinion here) monorail access. So they really have to not only sell it being a little further out but also the gondolas as being just as good or better than those monorails. On top of that, the pool area has to be great, it needs some kind of quick service, lounge, outdoor bar and lounge, a restaurant (which they did tease) and really nice rooms. It's a tall order, but if they want that $180ish a point, they'll have do it.

I am only speculating, but I believe this will end up being more beautiful than the picture makes it look. I'm thinking French Riviera? Maybe even GF level of "luxury". I have thought all along that it will not be difficult to separate this property from CBR and retheme it, give it a new life. *Maybe* they will share pool amenities, but I'm guessing no...

I am only speculating, but I believe this will end up being more beautiful than the picture makes it look. I'm thinking French Riviera? Maybe even GF level of "luxury". I have thought all along that it will not be difficult to separate this property from CBR and retheme it, give it a new life. *Maybe* they will share pool amenities, but I'm guessing no...
If they wanna charge what they want, they're gonna need their own pool area. I think it's too separated from the rest of the resort to share much of anything

I'm hoping for something along these lines - the rendering definitely gives me Monte Carlo vibes! Theming is not a deal-breaker for me, but luxury accommodations, pool and dining/bars are.

I'm a sucker for a rooftop view, so they've already got my undivided attention at this point!

When I'm not at Disney, I usually stay at JW Marriott or Autograph Collection hotels, so my taste definitely skews more modern and/or boutique. The gondola option from my two preferred parks is another real bonus.

So exciting! I've already started saving my pennies! I would hope it's more in line with nightly points like Copper Creek rather than Poly, but I'll find a way to justify it either way to have a "home" at a new concept in a bright, shiny new resort.

I question whether the gondolas will really add much value. Keep in mind that Pop and AoA wil be using the same transportation. Also how would something themed to the French Riviera look next to Caribbean theming?

We will see.

Sounds BLT-ish to me. All DVC are classified as "Deluxe Villas"; higher point ones are primarily about proximity, I think. BLT is not that far off from GF in terms of point value... maybe between these two? Who knows!? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!