Disney Riviera Resort

How drilled down has anyone gotten on the Disney website. Looks like the restaurants have been named and set:

Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera
Inspired by Europe’s cliffside restaurants, this rooftop dining experience is projected to open in fall 2019. Perched atop Disney’s Riviera Resort, Topolino’s Terrace is designed to delight all the senses—and will offer stunning vistas and regional dishes of the Italian and French Riviera served straight from the expo kitchen.

Indulge in an unforgettable signature dinner experience accompanied by sights of nearby nighttime spectaculars at Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Or, rise early and stop by for breakfast done the Disney way, with a prix-fixe Disney Character Dining experience.

Le Petit Café
Look forward to freshly brewed coffee and sumptuous wines at this lobby locale. Le Petit Café will invite you to gather with lattes and loved ones while you relax between the day’s adventures—or grab a flute-full of something sparkling as the café transforms into a bustling wine bar. The menu will also feature scrumptious treats and sweets, which you could enjoy alfresco under the stars.

Bar Riva
Fanciful afternoons await at a poolside hotspot that will serve delectable bites and beverages. Bar Riva will offer scenic views where you can enjoy long, laughter-filled lunches featuring European- and Mediterranean-inspired cuisine—as well as cocktails and refreshing drinks made to order.

Primo Piatto
This quick-service trattoria will serve up tasty food throughout the day—as well as bites to grab and go.

So the only bar is the pool bar?

Still no concept art for the rooms huh? (Unless I missed it).

I know Florida timeshare law is weird, but I think it’s stranger if they can’t post room art but can set a date to put said nonpictured rooms up for sale
Disney has all the room layouts and concept pictures on their website.

Wow! Just took a look at the pictures of the rooms on the Disney website. BIG YAWN. This is what they've come up with? I am so disappointed. Our home resort is VGF so I was thinking that these rooms would be on par with VGF only with a European flair. I'm sorry, but the materials used in the rooms look cheap. White uppers and dark lower cabinets in the kitchen? Yikes. The room layouts are not great either, IMO. Not sure what I think of the Tower Studios. I guess Disney feels like there is enough demand for 2 person suites. It will be interesting to see if they're right on that one. We had set aside funds to purchase a direct contract at Riviera, but now after seeing the rooms and after they announced that resale Riviera contracts would only be allowed to stay at Riviera, I'm keeping my money. Super disappointed today, Disney. Sigh.

How drilled down has anyone gotten on the Disney website. Looks like the restaurants have been named and set:

Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera
Inspired by Europe’s cliffside restaurants, this rooftop dining experience is projected to open in fall 2019. Perched atop Disney’s Riviera Resort, Topolino’s Terrace is designed to delight all the senses—and will offer stunning vistas and regional dishes of the Italian and French Riviera served straight from the expo kitchen.

Indulge in an unforgettable signature dinner experience accompanied by sights of nearby nighttime spectaculars at Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Or, rise early and stop by for breakfast done the Disney way, with a prix-fixe Disney Character Dining experience.

Le Petit Café
Look forward to freshly brewed coffee and sumptuous wines at this lobby locale. Le Petit Café will invite you to gather with lattes and loved ones while you relax between the day’s adventures—or grab a flute-full of something sparkling as the café transforms into a bustling wine bar. The menu will also feature scrumptious treats and sweets, which you could enjoy alfresco under the stars.

Bar Riva
Fanciful afternoons await at a poolside hotspot that will serve delectable bites and beverages. Bar Riva will offer scenic views where you can enjoy long, laughter-filled lunches featuring European- and Mediterranean-inspired cuisine—as well as cocktails and refreshing drinks made to order.

Primo Piatto
This quick-service trattoria will serve up tasty food throughout the day—as well as bites to grab and go.
The went full OKW/SSR on this. Away from a park (yes, I know Skyliner), not attached to an actual hotel, yet still has a full-service, quick serve, bar, and a real pool. I'll give them credit for not half-aing it, but I'm reserving judgment on the property until I actually see it post-construction.

So I have a question that I asked on the other Riviera thread so please don't flame me lol. First, I am not DVC or interested in DVC at this time. I see that there are bookable rooms now on the Disney.go website. I also know that there are other resorts like Beach Club, Boardwalk, Poly etc. that have DVC rooms AND anyone can book at those resorts. I also know those all have Club Level. So my question that got twisted is will Riviera have Club level? That is all I want to know. TIA!

So I have a question that I asked on the other Riviera thread so please don't flame me lol. First, I am not DVC or interested in DVC at this time. I see that there are bookable rooms now on the Disney.go website. I also know that there are other resorts like Beach Club, Boardwalk, Poly etc. that have DVC rooms AND anyone can book at those resorts. I also know those all have Club Level. So my question that got twisted is will Riviera have Club level? That is all I want to know. TIA!
My guess is no. Those other resorts are not exclusive DVC resorts thus it’s the cash resort part that offer club level not the DVC side. Now one DVC resort has club level rooms, Animal Kingdom; however, there are not many rooms there, and Disney has not added any into any other DVC as they built subsequent resorts.

If it had club level I think we would have seen that already. Think of this more like Old Key West, Saratoga, or Bay Lake Tower. Those don't have club levels. This is a more stand alone DVC resort rather than a Disney deluxe resort with DVC.

If it had club level I think we would have seen that already. Think of this more like Old Key West, Saratoga, or Bay Lake Tower. Those don't have club levels. This is a more stand alone DVC resort rather than a Disney deluxe resort with DVC.
Thank you. Just what I needed. A straight answer!

so if opening date is Dec 16th for cash reservations does that mean DVC bookings will likely start on same date?

I was hoping for sooner than this for DVC bookings, nevermind.
The email I got from DVC is that DVC bookings would come later.....and with something special? I'd have to look at the exact wording.

Edited to add exact email from DVC:
"UPDATEDear Disney Vacation Club® Member, Since Disney’s Riviera Resort was first announced in July 2017, our Members have continually asked to be kept informed about the newest Resort. With that in mind, we wanted you to be among the first to hear some exciting updates. Construction is progressing extremely well on our new proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort, and it’s currently on schedule to open in Fall 2019. When it opens its doors, Disney’s Riviera Resort will offer all the grandeur of Europe combined with the magic of Disney. The new Resort will be conveniently located in the heart of Walt Disney World® Resort, and feature unique access to Epcot® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, via the new Disney Skyliner. Important information for Disney Vacation Club Members:This Spring, Members can begin booking stays at Disney’s Riviera Resort with Vacation Points, accessing exclusive, protected inventory which is being held just for our Members.Exact timing will be shared once the official opening date is confirmed.In the interim, Disney’s Riviera Resort will begin taking rental reservations from the general public this month. To learn more about the new Resort, watch the Disney Parks Blog and follow Disney Vacation Club on Facebook and Instagram for updates. "

The email I got from DVC is that DVC bookings would come later.....and with something special? I'd have to look at the exact wording.
Nothing special that I recall except that they were holding back some rooms from cash bookings that were opening earlier... I think the use of "exclusive" is pretty funny in this context... ;)

DISNEY'S RIVIERA RESORT
UPDATE
Dear Disney Vacation Club® Member

Since Disney’s Riviera Resort was first announced in July 2017, our Members have continually asked to be kept informed about the newest Resort. With that in mind, we wanted you to be among the first to hear some exciting updates. Construction is progressing extremely well on our new proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort, and it’s currently on schedule to open in Fall 2019.

When it opens its doors, Disney’s Riviera Resort will offer all the grandeur of Europe combined with the magic of Disney. The new Resort will be conveniently located in the heart of Walt Disney World® Resort, and feature unique access to Epcot® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, via the new Disney Skyliner.

Important information for Disney Vacation Club Members:
  • This Spring, Members can begin booking stays at Disney’s Riviera Resort with Vacation Points, accessing exclusive, protected inventory which is being held just for our Members. Exact timing will be shared once the official opening date is confirmed.
In the interim, Disney’s Riviera Resort will begin taking rental reservations from the general public this month. To learn more about the new Resort, watch the Disney Parks Blog and follow Disney Vacation Club on Facebook and Instagram for updates.

We look forward to welcoming our newest Resort!

Disney Vacation Club

:rotfl:

Which should be yours to book anyway. How thoughtful!
Technically not until they are declared into the condo association. Disney can do whatever they want with the rooms until then as DVC won’t own them until then. So as of right now Disney owns 100% of the resort

Technically not until they are declared into the condo association. Disney can do whatever they want with the rooms until then as DVC won’t own them until then. So as of right now Disney owns 100% of the resort
Technically true, but I suspect most existing owners would think that this is the least they could do when they're opening up cash booking earlier!

Thanks, Disney, for this EXCLUSIVE opportunity!! ;)

The only thing I can think is that they don’t want the pool area to be so enticing that people don’t want to go to the parks or water parks.

This is exactly why they do it. They really don't want people to spend there whole time by the pool. Not to mention the shear costs to occupy SAB. (Count the number of lifegaurds they are paying at SAB - it's dozens.) That was an Eiser idea that wouldn't fly today. Plus if people are sitting around the pool they aren't spending money in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!