Disney running out of ideas?

Shouldn’t Disney refute this?
No. Responding to it just affords it the legitimacy it lacks otherwise. It is always best to ignore click bait and other such sensationalistic criticism aimed at you by talking heads from narrowcasting outlets with a reputation "to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified" [according to Snopes].

There are lots of original stories coming from Disney over the next few years. Sure there are sequels and remakes too, but they are working on stuff. Pixar has two original movies next year.

Disney will ignore such criticism, especially since the remakes are bringing in lots and lots of money.

Even the Lion King remake was a landmark technical achievement with “ Deep Video” from beginning to end. To claim that Lion King remake was just more of the same just demonstrates complete ignorance of its groundbreaking technical achievement.

Even the Lion King remake was a landmark technical achievement with “ Deep Video” from beginning to end. To claim that Lion King remake was just more of the same just demonstrates complete ignorance of its groundbreaking technical achievement.

Yes, but that technology could have also been used to offer a new story instead and I understand why people might prefer that.. I get it though, the remakes are selling, so more power to them. There is original stuff in the pipeline as well.

I understand but technically Lion King was a beautiful ground breaking movie. My 7 yr old daughters made me take them to see it a second time.

Let’s just say the target audience was children and that many of them were somewhat familiar with the first movie. I believe that the second movie was enjoyed by these children more than they did, or would have, enjoyed the first movie.

Yes, but that technology could have also been used to offer a new story instead and I understand why people might prefer that..
Yes if they did prefer that. If people really preferred that, then that's what we'd be getting. It makes sense that in days like this people prefer the familiar.

Yes if they did prefer that. If people really preferred that, then that's what we'd be getting. It makes sense that in days like this people prefer the familiar.

I should have said "some people" - it is very clear to me that the remakes are wildly popular. I made another post comparing the past few years of Disney movies, original vs. sequel/remakes and the sequel/remakes easily make way more money. I totally understand why they are on their current course. Still, there is original stuff planned for next year, like two non-sequel Pixar movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!