Disney Shutting Down Three Populated MMOs

Sad moment for me. I got hooked on Toontown "helping" my kids. Ended up making my own characters and even though I haven't actively played in a long time, it made me happy just to see the icon on my desktop. Might have to spend a bit of time there in the next day or two. I never got the closing email so I just happened upon the information. I am glad I found out before it was gone so I can at least go say goodbye.

Years ago, pirates on line introduced me to online games. I was always an avid pirates fan. We even were paying for 3 accounts at one time. After a year or so, went on to other games. If you have an account, you can get full access until they turn it off on the 19th. I have very fond memories of he game as well as the rest of the family. I have been playing the last few days just remembering how great it was back then to start with it. It is such as great theme for a game. Membership has dropped off since years ago, but then again warcraft also has lost membership. Pirates was kinda of a inbetween game. It seem to try to be a kids game and also tried to be a game for teens/adult and it just didn't mix well. The teens and adults went off to more advanced games like warcraft. And the kids went off to other kids games. I hope they come out with another game with the same theme - maybe a tablet game. :guilty::guilty:

I think they should have closed Club Penguin instead honestly. It was probably their worst game.
I grew up on ToonTown and a little bit of Pirates.

Thanks for keeping your promise of keeping the magic Disney.

My kids are not having a good morning... We finally bought a new computer for Christmas- after our last one fried back in March. My son couldn't wait to get on Pirates only to find it gone. Same with ToonTown.

To quote a 9 year old, "Why is Disney such jerks?"

The Fact that they closed these shows they didnt care about are feelings once so ever could of just took a vote to see who wouldnt care if they got rid of it i hate how mmo owners just think its okay to change or get rid of something with out asking the users first

The Fact that they closed these shows they didnt care about are feelings once so ever could of just took a vote to see who wouldnt care if they got rid of it i hate how mmo owners just think its okay to change or get rid of something with out asking the users first
So you are saying Disney had no right to shut down their OWN property and should have kept it going no matter how much they may or may not have been making money. Seems you are very free with Disney's money.......... how would you like it if Disney were to stick their nose into your money spending practices.

So you are saying Disney had no right to shut down their OWN property and should have kept it going no matter how much they may or may not have been making money. Seems you are very free with Disney's money.......... how would you like it if Disney were to stick their nose into your money spending practices.
This is a very old thread. Many people were extremely attached to these games, so it was very sad to see them closed.

This is a very old thread. Many people were extremely attached to these games, so it was very sad to see them closed.
It was always pegged to close and close it did. Disney has moved on why are so many having trouble moving on.............. it aint coming back............... that's life.

It was always pegged to close and close it did. Disney has moved on why are so many having trouble moving on.............. it aint coming back............... that's life.
Did you play any of the games? Those of us who did play enjoyed it very much. We also had people we interacted with, that we will never talk to again. It was a very safe environment to socialize. Yes Disney made a business decision. Yes many people were effected by it. I honestly think you are just being rude. If it did not concern you, then why comment. The thread was started as the games were closing. It has not had any comments for nearly 2 years. Why bring it back up?

Did you play any of the games? Those of us who did play enjoyed it very much. We also had people we interacted with, that we will never talk to again. It was a very safe environment to socialize. Yes Disney made a business decision. Yes many people were effected by it. I honestly think you are just being rude. If it did not concern you, then why comment. The thread was started as the games were closing. It has not had any comments for nearly 2 years. Why bring it back up?
I played Pixie Hollow from 2007 until it closed and in 2013 and in 2013 I was even a moderator for five weeks on a trial basis as I was a Founding Fairy. So I know all about the sorrow of PH closing but I always knew it was always in Disney's big plan to close which was clearly said up front in the beginning.

Last edited:
Toontown rewritten has played very much like the original and it's free. Fan-made recreation of the game.

- Dr Jacques Supermonkey & Lady Melody Supermonkey

Toontown rewritten has played very much like the original and it's free. Fan-made recreation of the game.

- Dr Jacques Supermonkey & Lady Melody Supermonkey
toontown was and still is crap compared to Pixie Hollow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts