Disney Skyliner Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaymaxFan78

Enthusiast
There have been multiple reports on twitter about the skyliner having been stuck for over an hour now and one person has posted a picture saying there was a crash involving the gondolas.
Screenshot_20191005-212454_Chrome.jpg
I'm really not sure where this photo is from at least 4 different accounts have self posted it.

Screenshot_20191005-212557_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191005-212625_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191005-212612_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Currently stuck on a bus. It’s been almost an hour. We can’t move because there’s a fire truck in front of us helping people down. It’s been a very eventful trip, straight from the beginning starting with Frontier Airlines.

Hoping no one is hurt.

From the bus

Attachments

• C2B980CE-9C20-491C-B85F-B8D764C86D9A.jpeg
    C2B980CE-9C20-491C-B85F-B8D764C86D9A.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 654

There have been multiple reports on twitter about the skyliner having been stuck for over an hour now and one person has posted a picture saying there was a crash involving the gondolas.
View attachment 441793
I'm really not sure where this photo is from at least 4 different accounts have self posted it.

View attachment 441798View attachment 441796View attachment 441795
With the lack of people in that photo it can’t be the supposed accident site. I’m wondering if it was taken by people who were evacuated off the Skyliner... Can CMs put as many gondolas as possible in the station to get guests evacuated quicker?

And hasn't this thing been open
Wow. After all the complaints of numerous down time each day since these opened and now this, I think it is safe to say - Disney very much rushed this. This should NOT have happened.

Very much hope everyone is okay.

That's what I was thinking. It's getting to be fairly obvious that this thing should have been tested MUCH more before opening to the public.

With the lack of people in that photo it can’t be the supposed accident site. I’m wondering if it was taken by people who were evacuated off the Skyliner... Can CMs put as many gondolas as possible in the station to get guests evacuated quicker?

Yes, but I don't think the Gondolas would be at that angle (especially the blue one) if they were just being held in station.

It's hard to tell, but just based on the picture, it looks like that one might have been coming in to the station and did not brake as intended? Which seems like it caused a domino effect on the yellow cars.

Wow those pics at the Riviera Station dont look good at all. Hope all are ok.

1 week in and a pretty massive accident it looks like. There were reports of problems today and yesterday. Maybe need to slow it down a bit reevaluate whats going on with the entire system,

My gondola is stuck about 100 yards before the Epcot station. One of my friends is feeling pretty sick - started as motion sickness when we were moving and hasn't gotten better in the more than hour and a half we've been stuck.

They announced that we could open the emergency kits, so we have water, ice packs, and barf bags if needed. We're over the Friendship Boat Canal, so I don't know how evacuation will work when they come to evacuate us if it comes to that.

We have a view of the Epcot Forever show starting right now, though, at least.

My gondola is stuck about 100 yards before the Epcot station. One of my friends is feeling pretty sick - started as motion sickness when we were moving and hasn't gotten better in the more than hour and a half we've been stuck.

They announced that we could open the emergency kits, so we have water, ice packs, and barf bags if needed. We're over the Friendship Boat Canal, so I don't know how evacuation will work when they come to evacuate us if it comes to that.

We have a view of the Epcot Forever show starting right now, though, at least.

I hope your friend starts to feel better. And they are able to evacuate you soon.

Omg crazy! We were on them Tuesday afternoon coming back from Epcot and the ride took almost 30 mins bc of all the stopping and starting. When we got off at CBR they were telling everyone that the line to Epcot was down.

Hoping everyone is safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!