Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

You share Buses, Monorails, Starspeeders, Space Rockets, Tiki Rooms, Pirate boats, logs, etc.... Why not Gondolas?

Gondolas seem different, you’re in a confined space without any CM either in there or watching you, not to mention the possibility of being stuck for hours with those strangers being fresh in peoples minds.

Also means faster loading when it’s one group per gondola, so hopefully less stoppages required.

Gondolas seem different, you’re in a confined space without any CM either in there or watching you, not to mention the possibility of being stuck for hours with those strangers being fresh in peoples minds.

Also means faster loading when it’s one group per gondola, so hopefully less stoppages required.
No different than a ride vehicle. I ride with others all the time.

Likely with cameras all over you. They just feel different to me, more helpless or exposed should something go wrong.
You can request to be your party only but no way they would make it that way for everyone. Slows the capacity considerably.

Sure...And one of the reasons we will continue using our car to get around. I am NOT about to get trapped for even 5 minutes in a gondola with a screaming baby or unruly adults.
I get it but at the same time that can happen anywhere. Bus, plane, train, whatever. I’ve been in plenty of places with screaming babies. Disney has plenty of them.

I get it but at the same time that can happen anywhere. Bus, plane, train, whatever. I’ve been in plenty of places with screaming babies. Disney has plenty of them.

Nope. Not using the gondola. Enjoy your flight. I will enjoy my private air conditioned car ride.

You can request to be your party only but no way they would make it that way for everyone. Slows the capacity considerably.

I can see them not forcing the issue for the sake of keeping the line moving. I can see how it can cause loading issues if you have 2 parties of 4 for example, and one of the parties either hesitate letting the other on with them or hesitate boarding with strangers.

In practice it might end up being more efficient leading to a higher real capacity to just let families go alone.

Nope. Not using the gondola. Enjoy your flight. I will enjoy my private air conditioned car ride.
I’m not trying to change your mind but I’m just trying to understand, do you ride in public planes, buses, trains, etc? I’m just asking how this is different.

In practice it might end up being more efficient leading to a higher real capacity to just let families go alone.
They aren’t going to force 10 into each cabin. They will put a single with others though. If you have a bunch of solos in a row that’s not going to be an efficient way to load and get to the hourly capacity needed. This system was built to move mass amounts of people.

I’m not trying to change your mind but I’m just trying to understand, do you ride in public planes, buses, trains, etc? I’m just asking how this is different.

Stuck in the air with nobody else and nobody able to access you quickly if something goes wrong, system wise or guest wise.

They aren’t going to force 10 into each cabin. They will put a single with others though. If you have a bunch of solos in a row that’s not going to be an efficient way to load and get to the hourly capacity needed. This system was built to move mass amounts of people.

I’m not thinking solo riders, more letting a family of 4 (or larger) ride alone instead of sticking another group with them.

Buses and trains no. Never. Planes, only when I absolutely must (I have FoF...I do have a flight coming up in 2 weeks and am already getting mentally prepped for it). However, a 10 foot box is IMO a worse place to be stuck next to a screaming/poopy diapered baby, rambunctious toddlers/preteens, rowdy/drunk adults, or otherwise obnoxious folk. Buses, trains and planes have AC and when I travel on a plane I do so prepared to be in a seat for 2+ hours with a book, magazine, headphones and music etc.

Buses and trains no. Never. Planes, only when I absolutely must (I have FoF). However, a 10 foot box is IMO a worse place to be stuck next to a screaming/poopy diapered baby, rambunctious toddlers/preteens, rowdy/drunk adults, or otherwise obnoxious folk. Buses, trains and planes have AC and when I travel on a plane I do so prepared to be in a seat for 2+ hours with a book, magazine, headphones and music etc.
Ok that makes sense. I would say you are a minority in this situation though. Most guests at Disney are going to use the transportation offered. Millions use public transportation on a daily basis too.

You share Buses, Monorails, Starspeeders, Space Rockets, Tiki Rooms, Pirate boats, logs, etc.... Why not Gondolas?
Counterpoint: Are there any other “omnimover” loading rides that you share besides the gondolas? It is difficult to efficiently load on a moving gondola and sit properly with total strangers. The gondolas are different then everything else you’ve listed above. They are all stationary loads.

Ok that makes sense. I would say you are a minority in this situation though. Most guests at Disney are going to use the transportation offered. Millions use public transportation on a daily basis too.

I absolutely know I'm in the minority as far as using Disney transport. But I'd be willing to bet the majority would prefer their own gondola, even if they don't mind sharing. And in this hashtagmetoo era I'm surprised Disney didn't at least install cameras.

I absolutely know I'm in the minority as far as using Disney transport. But I'd be willing to bet the majority would prefer their own gondola, even if they don't mind sharing. And in this hashtagmetoo era I'm surprised Disney didn't at least install cameras.

Being stuck with a jerk on a bus feels totally different than being stuck with a jerk on a gondola.

I too am surprised there’s no cameras.

Then you would have people complaining about privacy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter