Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Then you would have people complaining about privacy.

How so? There are cameras on rides everywhere else and all throughout the parks and resorts. The only complaint about privacy now in a gondola is that there is none LOL....you can't have a conversation without your fellow riders being privy to every word.

How so? There are cameras on rides everywhere else and all throughout the parks and resorts. The only complaint about privacy now in a gondola is that there is none LOL....you can't have a conversation without your fellow riders being privy to every word.
Enclosed small space with cameras watching. I’m sure someone will complain.

I travel solo a lot so to me I’m just used to others being around that I don’t know. I enjoy striking up conversations with others at Disney.

There aren’t nearly as many cameras as people assume.

Enclosed small space with cameras watching. I’m sure someone will complain.

I travel solo a lot so to me I’m just used to others being around that I don’t know. I enjoy striking up conversations with others at Disney.

I'm sure someone will complain too, but too bad for them. The safety of guests trumps all for me.

I too enjoy chatting with CM's and other guests, but not planning on chatting up the people with the screaming baby or the drunk/rowdy/obnoxious ones. And if I'm in the middle of a conversation with my DH I would feel the need to clam up for the entire ride if there were strangers on board. But that's just me.

I'm sure someone will complain too, but too bad for them. The safety of guests trumps all for me.

I too enjoy chatting with CM's and other guests, but not planning on chatting up the people with the screaming baby or the drunk/rowdy/obnoxious ones. And if I'm in the middle of a conversation with my DH I would feel the need to clam up for the entire ride if there were strangers on board. But that's just me.
The gondolas aren’t less safe without cameras.

Counterpoint: Are there any other “omnimover” loading rides that you share besides the gondolas? It is difficult to efficiently load on a moving gondola and sit properly with total strangers. The gondolas are different then everything else you’ve listed above. They are all stationary loads.
People mover.

I think the loading issues will get worked out. Disney has a huge and very good industrial engineering department (the types of engineers that design assembly lines), they will get it figured out. I could see them adding numbers to the ground and releasing people in order of number like ToT, or adjusting fencing to help "push" people towards the cars in time.

Just the way I feel. Small enclosed space with the potential to be stuck for a long time (using a "waste" bag). No security camera keeping an eye on things. You don't have to agree...Disney doesn't.
Likely with cameras all over you. They just feel different to me, more helpless or exposed should something go wrong.
Then you would have people complaining about privacy.

I think and hope CM are careful about who they put together. A single female should not be put with a group of strange men, or even two females with a large group of unknown men.
As for privacy, cameras are everywhere both at Disney and outside it, and most people make no efforts to stop websites, apps, phones, tv’s, computers, etc from tracking/collecting data. How many people at Disney let the MDE app access their location all day? Letting devices track browsing and location seems like a bigger deal to me than a camera recording me. Those feeds are deleted eventually unless something happens, whereas data is kept and sold.

To each their own, but I really don't see how it is any different than a bus or monorail (or a line for a ride). Except on a bus or monorail you could have a stranger's butt in your face. The monorail areas aren't much bigger than a gondola with many more people shoved in.

I rode again this afternoon/evening.
We rode from International Gateway to Caribbean Beach then to Pop Century back to Caribbean Beach then back to International Gateway.
We were a party of 4. We had other people with us all but on time. It was fun talking with others and never felt uncomfortable. We were a group of 4 women

People mover.

I think the loading issues will get worked out. Disney has a huge and very good industrial engineering department (the types of engineers that design assembly lines), they will get it figured out. I could see them adding numbers to the ground and releasing people in order of number like ToT, or adjusting fencing to help "push" people towards the cars in time.
They load you on people mover with strangers sitting across from you? I’ve never had that happen. I guess I’ve never been a single rider either.

While I’m okay with riding with others, if I had my choice I’d prefer to wait a bit longer during moderate or small crowds to have a gondola to ourselves.

When it’s busy like park opening and closing, all bets are off and time to fit us in with others and potentially meet new friends!

They load you on people mover with strangers sitting across from you? I’ve never had that happen. I guess I’ve never been a single rider either.
They load the cars with strangers, not across from you though.

I've also have shared rows on boat rides with strangers. And every coaster with a single rider line I've had to sit next to someone I don't know. I've been stuck on People Mover and Figment with strangers in the same car. Also ridden buses and monorails shoulder to shoulder, with screaming babies and drunks.

I think the practical limit on Skyliner loading is 2 groups. By the time you get to a third “How many?” and people actually all filter in, the doors would be getting ready to shut.

Rode it from Epcot (this was pre-10/5) with our group of 4 + another group of two. There was a ~5 minute continuously moving line, but it wouldn’t have made sense to rush a third group in.

Other anecdotes: rode from AoA with our 4 + a group of 3 (2 parents and a kid). When we switched at CBR for DHS, the parents+kid didn’t walk over as quickly as we did, so it was just us four.

They load the cars with strangers, not across from you though.

I've also have shared rows on boat rides with strangers. And every coaster with a single rider line I've had to sit next to someone I don't know. I've been stuck on People Mover and Figment with strangers in the same car. Also ridden buses and monorails shoulder to shoulder, with screaming babies and drunks.

That's why we drive our own car.

Doesn't seem like they're running this morning. I'm meeting friends at AoA so I parked at HS since that's where we'll be going, and it's closed. They had some times posted they'll be running some parts in the afternoon. The trail that runs from Caribbean to Epcot is stopped though, not even testing that one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter