Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Any post shutdown experience with (side by side) double strollers on the Skyliner? Are they needing to be closed and folded to go on?

I don’t think a side by side double stroller will fit through the door unless it is folded. It might but with it moving it can be challenging to get a single wide one in.

Rode the skyliner for the1st time today. I like it a lot. They should definitely expand its service. My only complaint is the cars with the character prints are cool but the plain cars are much easier to see out of. Character print cars made my eyes hurt trying to see out of. I'm sure I can request a plain car in the future tho.

It does make me smile to think back to all the 'passionate discussions' we had about people wanting certain characters and how it might cause backups, delays, etc as people waited a car or two for the character they wanted and since day 1 the non-character cars have been most appealing due to the better view. :)
I must admit I haven't really followed this thread. I was just giving my feedback but I could see that happening.

It does make me smile to think back to all the 'passionate discussions' we had about people wanting certain characters and how it might cause backups, delays, etc as people waited a car or two for the character they wanted and since day 1 the non-character cars have been most appealing due to the better view. :)
makes me laugh about how passionate some of us were about the skyliner regarding the dangers etc...
little did we know what was waiting just around the corner (covid) and how our life would be altered...

The thing I remember most is that they would be "sweatboxes" and unbearable in the Summer. :)

Are they? I admit that I didn't pay much attention to that since I figured I'd never go in the summer Well, never say "never" I'll be there in Ju;y, so now I'm wondering about heat in the gondolas

Are they? I admit that I didn't pay much attention to that since I figured I'd never go in the summer Well, never say "never" I'll be there in Ju;y, so now I'm wondering about heat in the gondolas
We went in August and they were wonderful at the end of the day. There was a fair amount of airflow as long as they were moving. We only had one mid-ride stop during our week there.

Most reports I saw (and there were actually fewer than I expected) said it was like standing in the shade with a breeze blowing - better than standing uncovered waiting for a bus!

No-that was a major prediction that turned out to have no merit.

If they stop and it’s hot out the heat suuuuucks. If they keep moving there is a great breeze through them. Currently, they’re even nicer temp wise since they’re one party per car vs as close to 10 people as they can get.

having used them in the hottest of days (100 degree with 90% humidity) I can tell you that you are actually cooler in a gondola than outside. Since you are high up there is still some breeze running through

We rode it in October and I loved every time we rode it, only 1 stop, my wife on the other hand lol, had problems with the quick takeoffs and pull ins to the stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter