Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Hmm, yeah don’t know that has been discussed much. On one hand, I wouldn’t think access on to the “attraction” would be outside the bubble - of course one can ride the busses pre security. Also as was mentioned one would think we’d be seeing a “secure corridor” from the DHS station towards the gate which seems semi impossible at ground level without impending all sorts of other foot traffic. Plus as the AOA/POP station is on a bridge I’d think we would be seeing security/staging areas popping up off the Bridge. Time will tell. Interesting thought.

I think the AOA/POP station would be the hardest to do this at. People use the bridge to get between the two resorts so people would either have to screen these people, or have someway of keeping the screened people separate from the non-screened people. The other option is to screen at the station but there doesn't appear to be a lot of room for that.

I think the AOA/POP station would be the hardest to do this at. People use the bridge to get between the two resorts so people would either have to screen these people, or have someway of keeping the screened people separate from the non-screened people. The other option is to screen at the station but there doesn't appear to be a lot of room for that.
The bridge has been divided in 2 for over a year now so people are quite used to it. I can see security set up possibly before the bridge on both the Pop and AoA sides then those secured walk down a secured area or, security being set up on the bridge/just inside the station. Time will tell. Still many unanswered questions. I just believe Disney is trying to move security away from the front of the parks so I can easily see it being added before boarding the Skyliner at each location.

The bridge has been divided in 2 for over a year now so people are quite used to it. I can see security set up possibly before the bridge on both the Pop and AoA sides then those secured walk down a secured area or, security being set up on the bridge/just inside the station. Time will tell. Still many unanswered questions. I just believe Disney is trying to move security away from the front of the parks so I can easily see it being added before boarding the Skyliner at each location.

I must admit that I, at first, didn't agree with the theory that they would do this - but have been convinced by others that it is at least a likely possibility

It would be nice to be able to go from EPCOT to DHS (and vice versa) without having to go through security.

One downside is you would have to go through security if just looking to go from, say, POP to Caribbean Beach - I know it is annoying to have to do that on the monorail if just wanting to go from one resort to another - or if you want to take a bus from your resort to MK just to catch the Boat to Wilderness Lodge or anything, it is annoying to have to go through security.

I must admit that I, at first, didn't agree with the theory that they would do this - but have been convinced by others that it is at least a likely possibility

It would be nice to be able to go from EPCOT to DHS (and vice versa) without having to go through security.

One downside is you would have to go through security if just looking to go from, say, POP to Caribbean Beach - I know it is annoying to have to do that on the monorail if just wanting to go from one resort to another - or if you want to take a bus from your resort to MK just to catch the Boat to Wilderness Lodge or anything, it is annoying to have to go through security.
I agree that while it is somewhat annoying, since the majority of guests will be using this mode of transportation to go to a park that it makes sense to do the screening at each entry point. I do like the thought of moving from park to park without needing to go through security again. If I need to though, not a problem.

I agree that while it is somewhat annoying, since the majority of guests will be using this mode of transportation to go to a park that it makes sense to do the screening at each entry point. I do like the thought of moving from park to park without needing to go through security again. If I need to though, not a problem.

oh, I agree, the trade off is definitely worth it ... still found it annoying in the moment though ;)

Aerial Photos posted last night on Twitter by @biorecostruct:

Epcot
DqEYtcCU8AEC4IK.jpg

BW turn
DqEaOqqUwAAao34.jpg

Pop/AoA
DqEb8wzUUAAjM4U.jpg

CBR
DqEewPOU4AAcFBu.jpg

DqEfxnyVAAAcIZT.jpg

Riviera
DqEh9m1VAAAMXhj.jpg

I was there this last weekend. I was surprised to see in addition to the wall around the skyliner station at the IG, there was an additional wall along the water taxi station. It's obscured in bioreconstructs photo above. Wonder if that is skyliner related(ok it has to be related)....maybe screening check point? Just seems odd to wall of that part and it's not that large.

If they move security back, it would be nice to have the restrooms inside the park, as they seemed overwhelmed during food and wine. While very busy, I don't think it was peak season busy.

Certainly noticeable walking or by boat from the swan into the park, but once inside didn't really notice it impacting the view.

I was there this last weekend. I was surprised to see in addition to the wall around the skyliner station at the IG, there was an additional wall along the water taxi station. It's obscured in bioreconstructs photo above. Wonder if that is skyliner related(ok it has to be related)....maybe screening check point? Just seems odd to wall of that part and it's not that large.
The concept art shows a tower right up against the wall of the boat queue, adjacent to the walkway. That may be the reason.

Work is progressing at the IG station - the photo below was taken this afternoon and shows the artwork being done

View attachment 360295

the image below is the rendering found on the poster on the construction wall

View attachment 360296

I posted that on the news and rumors thread yesterday. We're here two more days, ill get a picture as it progresses.

Last edited:
The CBR station is huge, I would guess that's where they will store the gondala's . They need a place for storage from possible hurricanes.
Maybe they will be hooked up at night to charge up the batteries , much like golf carts..I thought I read somewhere they will have some communication system to announce locations and such, also maybe courtesy lights..that will need a power source.

The CBR station is huge, I would guess that's where they will store the gondala's . They need a place for storage from possible hurricanes.
Maybe they will be hooked up at night to charge up the batteries , much like golf carts..I thought I read somewhere they will have some communication system to announce locations and such, also maybe courtesy lights..that will need a power source.

not sure if there will be room there to store all of the gondolas - there will be a lot of them - but I think that is where any maintenance to individual ones will be done and likely where they come on and off the system

not sure if there will be room there to store all of the gondolas - there will be a lot of them - but I think that is where any maintenance to individual ones will be done and likely where they come on and off the system
I believe the grid-like structure behind the station is a storage area, and there appear to be footings for a 2nd one on the other side.
upload_2018-10-23_12-38-27.png

Last edited:
There are two towers now on the IG side of the water. Going to find the pic but I saw it this morning in another thread.

Ryan posted this blog. Check out the third thru fifth pictures to see the new tower that went up last night on by the boat dock.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/10/photo...epcot-final-support-column-arrives-overnight/
That's what I thought I had seen in the concept art, but I can't find it now. I think it showed POV from a cabin descending towards the station.

ETA: Yes, it's very clear in those photos. My guess is the 1st tower is needed to lift the cabins above the walkway, and the 2nd one is to keep the sag, as the cable crosses the water, away from the walkway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter