Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I may be in the minority but I’m not looking forward to a huge increase in IG crowds

One minimizing aspect is that the gondolas will be a continual unload so you won't get the huge dump of people from a bus or anything - but I would think they would add some CMs to the IG entrance - at least at peak times

One minimizing aspect is that the gondolas will be a continual unload so you won't get the huge dump of people from a bus or anything - but I would think they would add some CMs to the IG entrance - at least at peak times
I’m expecting more entry points to handle the extra people who’ll be coming from the other resorts. But I don’t think the IG is going to turn into a swamped sea of congestion as some fear

:rotfl2:
This is Epcot you are talking about. They haven’t figured out how to open more than 8 of their 50 tapstyles up front.

(This is the Passholder line Dec 29th, and it was actually much shorter than the “regular” lines)
39407535365_0ffdfe8610_z.jpg

All it has to do is deliver more people per hour than can get through the tapstiles......and think of the load of people who could be in past the IG at ropedrop waiting to get in...... It will definitely be different.

I can't wait for the gondolas, but I dread the sea of humanity on the way out of the IG after Illuminations. We always loved how easy it was to get back to our resort from Epcot.

I can't wait for the gondolas, but I dread the sea of humanity on the way out of the IG after Illuminations. We always loved how easy it was to get back to our resort from Epcot.
If you’re at an Epcot resort it shouldn’t be too bad. Once you get past the park exit it’ll be a nice and tranquil walk back to your resort per usual

We always loved how easy it was to get back to our resort from Epcot.

Yea that will still be easy IMO, getting "in" to EPCOT will have some busier times though for sure-unless they can widen and add more taps.

Will the gondolas be in the secure zone (like the monorail?)
It would really help the IG tapstyles if they could move security to before the Guest Relations booths, and not bog down security lines with the influx of gondola guests.

I wouldn't want to stay at CBR in the sections that will have the gondola over head. That's piss poor planning IMO.

Will the gondolas be in the secure zone (like the monorail?)
It would really help the IG tapstyles if they could move security to before the Guest Relations booths, and not bog down security lines with the influx of gondola guests.
I don’t think they will be. And it’s not going to be like the busses that drop off x number of guests in one chunk. The gondola will just be a consistent stream of people.

I would think it would be a lot quieter than the monorail actually. I mean really, ski lifts are super quiet. Unless the station is right next to your room I doubt you would hear anything at all in your room.

Yes the ski lifts in Colorado are such peaceful rides, and that's the open air ones-these appear much more enclosed, so conversations will not be heard from the ground either IMO (if that's a concern).

Yes the ski lifts in Colorado are such peaceful rides, and that's the open air ones-these appear much more enclosed, so conversations will not be heard from the ground either IMO (if that's a concern).

I would be more concerned with people throwing things off the unenclosed lift than hearing conversations. The sheer number of empty beer cans, empty liquor bottles (I don't know how they manage that), keys, cash, wallets, and general trash you find underneath lift in the spring time is truly mind boggling.

But really, other than the wheels at the towers being squeaky and the load/unload stations, they really are nearly silent.

I would be more concerned with people throwing things off the unenclosed lift than hearing conversations. The sheer number of empty beer cans, empty liquor bottles (I don't know how they manage that), keys, cash, wallets, and general trash you find underneath lift in the spring time is truly mind boggling.

But really, other than the wheels at the towers being squeaky and the load/unload stations, they really are nearly silent.

Are they unenclosed though, I hope they are to some degree, but they could have screens as well.

That said-cash would be fine.

It's a miracle more people don't drop things from ski lifts....and not on purpose...try to get anything out of your pocket while gripping ski poles, mittens, kleenex, your kid's ski poles and mittens, etc., add in some wind and a gentle rocking motion. Gotta love mitten clips.

I really don't understand the allure of drinking and skiing. High speeds on slippery slopes + sharp pointy ski poles + booze = disaster.

Perhaps there will be a security check for bottles of booze before boarding the Skyliner. I sure hope there are smoke detectors. It would stink (literally) to get stuck with a smoker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter