Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I think the video in your post and the one in the post below are both from the DHS station. Unless I'm dreaming, the two different videos show the gondolas travelling in different directions - which surprises me. I didn't expect these to be bi-directional.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...updated-2-8-19.3578988/page-269#post-60286418

Yeah, I noticed right away that it seemed like they were moving in the opposite direction compared to what we saw from yesterday. Glad someone else saw it, too. I was afraid I was just confused.

The direction isn't hugely important. More important to directional ski lift chairs.

well, I may be wrong, but I think direction would be very important for the ground stations as far as signs would probably have an entrance and an exit and different sidewalks approaching each etc.

Yes of course.....but the cabins can operate in both directions.

Well, you do have to exit on one side and load on the other, so if that is already pre-set by the way the stations are built, then why would they need to run the opposite way other than just for giggles :tigger:?

I would think that the direction they are going in today will be the best to allow departing guests to mix in with the guests from buses, etc before security.

I think the video in your post and the one in the post below are both from the DHS station. Unless I'm dreaming, the two different videos show the gondolas travelling in different directions - which surprises me. I didn't expect these to be bi-directional.
Good on ya for noticing. I didn’t see it until you pointed it out. I think we’ve only seen “full speed” counter clockwise through the station.

Last edited:
They would need to load test them. As someone else noted, water barrels will be a good option for that.
Yeah, that is what I figured. I was just thinking that is a lot of water tubs to do an entire line. I'd like to see that on a chairlift that has a ton of chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!