Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

There are no buses from Springs to the parks. So that really doesn’t happen.

I imagine there’s some people who don’t rope drop who would find a bus from Springs to Contemporary, Beach Club, or Boardwalk very convenient. Not that it’d be a large proportion of guests though.

It is ridiculous. I am still in the camp that once people try them they will love them and those hotels will become much more popular and sadly the prices will go up then.

Be interested to see what actual prices for 2020 do for those resorts. Why wouldn't they be increased for 2020?

Was in the park last week, and was amazed at the rate of speed they were running them at. I will add in two cases we had huge Thunder storms go through with clocked 40-50 mile an hour wind, and while they rocked did not see them in any "distress" as it were.

Funny side light - did not know the project name - but at Hollywood studios, the Skyliner sign was added to the new building but still in plastic wrap - and saw it marked for "the Italian Job" My kids died laughing when I showed them that. :D

Any update on when the new gondola based transportation system will be opening for guests? Think it will be around the same opening of Star Wars?

Was in the park last week, and was amazed at the rate of speed they were running them at. I will add in two cases we had huge Thunder storms go through with clocked 40-50 mile an hour wind, and while they rocked did not see them in any "distress" as it were.

Funny side light - did not know the project name - but at Hollywood studios, the Skyliner sign was added to the new building but still in plastic wrap - and saw it marked for "the Italian Job" My kids died laughing when I showed them that. :D

ROFL! That really ties the project to the Riviera Resort!!!!! The gondola cars do steal a few styling cues from the Mini Cooper!!

Well then we were on the same bus! We are at POP, too!

They were running them at the POP/AOA station 5:45ish tonight.

We saw that too. We are bldg 4 facing the lake (if you look through the vegetation ). We went to springs around 5:15-5:30

Watching them testing or working on Pop gondola area and they play an announcement when it stops that says “attention we have stopped momentarily and to please stay in your vehicle etc”. I can hear bells ringing occasionally but it is so quiet. I see no way it would be a nuisance to nearby rooms. I am occasionally hearing them discuss testing things over a loud speaker but I don’t think that will be used when the system is up and running. They loudly announced they were changing direction of the system and that vehicles would be moving forward. It is very interesting to watch

Watching them testing or working on Pop gondola area and they play an announcement when it stops that says “attention we have stopped momentarily and to please stay in your vehicle etc”. I can hear bells ringing occasionally but it is so quiet. I see no way it would be a nuisance to nearby rooms. I am occasionally hearing them discuss testing things over a loud speaker but I don’t think that will be used when the system is up and running. They loudly announced they were changing direction of the system and that vehicles would be moving forward. It is very interesting to watch

Was it Mark Elliot's voice?

Loads of speculation on the last few hundred pages here, but no firm dates yet. Opening before Star Wars seems like a sure bet however.

I put some money on that one. I have a reservation at Pop for the week of August 26. I am hoping the Skyliner will be in play--not so much for Black Spire Outpost, but for the opening of Food & Wine. So many reasons to be on site that week! The [FearOfMissingOut] Force is strong with this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter