Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I'm just curious if it has ever been said by Disney if people will be allowed to stand all that I've read has always said 8 to 10 pole seated. I could also see them in non-paeak times letting a family of four to six have a gondola to themselves.
No standing. These cabins are not designed for standees. The bench seats are designed to seat up to 5 adults on each side.

I believe a safety sign at DHS station was photographed, and said to remain seated at all times.

No standing. These cabins are not designed for standees. The bench seats are designed to seat up to 5 adults on each side.

I believe a safety sign at DHS station was photographed, and said to remain seated at all times.
That's what I figured but I wanted to double-check after reading a few pages where people seemed to be convinced that they will have people stand in them at peak times, of course, there are also people convinced that because they don't have AC in them that everyone who gets on them in hot weather is going to die from heatstroke, so I take what most people claim with grain of salt.

That's what I figured but I wanted to double-check after reading a few pages where people seemed to be convinced that they will have people stand in them at peak times, of course, there are also people convinced that because they don't have AC in them that everyone who gets on them in hot weather is going to die from heatstroke, so I take what most people claim with grain of salt.
I didn't think they would load them with standing in mind, but once you are up there, I don't see people actually not standing up to look around and check things out - it's not like they can do anything to correct people if they do once out of the station

All indications are that Disney wants to open all lines at the same time. IMO the slow construction results at the International Gateway is holding the whole thing up. Once that is complete, they should be ready to rock and roll. Very much excited to try this transportation. Kind of reminds me of 40 plus years ago when first got to try the Monorail. Next trip is in December so all bugs should be worked out by then.

Actually, things have been recently pointing to a staggered opening.

I didn't think they would load them with standing in mind, but once you are up there, I don't see people actually not standing up to look around and check things out - it's not like they can do anything to correct people if they do once out of the station

Yes, I'm thinking the exact same thing. Based on previous history, can you really see guests remaining seated all the time in the gondolas simply because here's a sign when they board? Just like they don't stand on rides or use flash photography? Good luck with that!

Yes, I'm thinking the exact same thing. Based on previous history, can you really see guests remaining seated all the time in the gondolas simply because here's a sign when they board? Just like they don't stand on rides or use flash photography? Good luck with that!
People are going to be tempted to stand just to get a better look outside. The views are going to be spectacular! That goes for both day and night. I’m going to have to remind myself to stay seated while I snap some pictures.

It's a little ridiculous how excited I am getting the more I think about this. Looking at the planned routes on the map, the Gondola entrance would be the International Gateway in Epcot, but I can't really tell where it would be for DHS. Love that there is a stop between POP and AoA, but I expect that will increase prices for those resorts.
Is the Skyliner accessible outside Epcot or inside? I can't tell by looking at the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter