Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Undercover Tourist's blog post from last month (July 18th) contains the following statement: "Disney has revealed that the nearly 300 gondolas will feature onboard audio, which we imagine will be similar to the commentary you hear on the monorails."

I'm sure that the spiel contains some variation on "please remain seated at all times when the cabin doors are closed"
“¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!”

Doh! I should have realized that you can't ride into a park from the outside. Thanks.
After the entrance remodel, I believe you will be able to ride into Epcot on the monorail without going through security

There is plenty of not too expensive wireless technology to allow battery powered Bluetooth/radio/audio equipment and even video screens in the gondolas with ground station supplied text and content.

But there is not yet reasonable cost minimal attention requiring low weight air conditioning technology suitable for the gondolas.

After the entrance remodel, I believe you will be able to ride into Epcot on the monorail without going through security
How so? You have to go through security at the TTC before you get on the monorail (or at a resort if starting from there). Plus it doesn't actually stop inside the park.

How so? You have to go through security at the TTC before you get on the monorail (or at a resort if starting from there). Plus it doesn't actually stop inside the park.

My understanding is they are removing the "double security check" when taking the monorail to Epcot as right now you go through security to get on the monorial and then have to go through it again when you get to Epcot ... After the change the Epcot monorial terminal will be inside the security bubble so you won't have to go through again. You will still have to scan you MB/park ticket to get into the park so monorial won't really let you out directly in the park already, just past security

My understanding is they are removing the "double security check" when taking the monorail to Epcot as right now you go through security to get on the monorial and then have to go through it again when you get to Epcot ... After the change the Epcot monorial terminal will be inside the security bubble so you won't have to go through again. You will still have to scan you MB/park ticket to get into the park so monorial won't really let you out directly in the park already, just past security
Correct

Right. The PP stated that there was no transportation option that allows direct entry to a park.

Right. The PP stated that there was no transportation option that allows direct entry to a park.

Maybe some confusions as it says "into" a park ... You don't ride directly "into" Epcot, just won't give to go through security twice, still have to go through tapstyles, on the monorail (you can do that on the monorail at Disneyland though)

I must've misread your post. I took it as you could ride the monorail to Epcot without going through security at all, not that you wouldn't have to do it twice. I understand that it will remove the 2nd security, but you still have to go through security to get on the monorail in the first place.

I'm so excited about the Skyliner! I think I am going to take a whole day, just riding around in them... if there aren't too many others who want to do the same. I remember the gondolas from Disneyland back in the day. It was a short ride them but with the bird's eye view it was so cool.

I'm so excited about the Skyliner! I think I am going to take a whole day, just riding around in them... if there aren't too many others who want to do the same. I remember the gondolas from Disneyland back in the day. It was a short ride them but with the bird's eye view it was so cool.

Same, although not "all day" but still.

I hear these possible long wait issues and how a bus might even be faster and no AC etc etc ect.

Don't care, can't wait to ride.

Just hoping they add more, like along a savanna heading to AK/AKL/AKV and D Springs etc.

I must've misread your post. I took it as you could ride the monorail to Epcot without going through security at all, not that you wouldn't have to do it twice. I understand that it will remove the 2nd security, but you still have to go through security to get on the monorail in the first place.
Not an issue. Splitting hairs.

Okay, so I'm late to this thread and haven't paid much attention to the Skyliner until now. We got a good AP rate and are staying at The Pop in November.
I've tried to find this info, I know its out there. Staying at The Pop, we will have to transfer gondolas at CBR to go to either Epcot or DHS? Seems odd that one of the routes from the first station wouldn't go all the way through to a park.
And if someone can link me to a thread or post that explains the routes to and from the resorts and parks, I'd appreciate it.

Okay, so I'm late to this thread and haven't paid much attention to the Skyliner until now. We got a good AP rate and are staying at The Pop in November.
I've tried to find this info, I know its out there. Staying at The Pop, we will have to transfer gondolas at CBR to go to either Epcot or DHS? Seems odd that one of the routes from the first station wouldn't go all the way through to a park.
And if someone can link me to a thread or post that explains the routes to and from the resorts and parks, I'd appreciate it.

Check the very first post in this thread. Everything you want to know is there, updated as new information comes in.

All passengers to/from Pop or AoA must transfer at CBR, for any destination other than CBR.

The routes are very simple: Pop/AoA to CBR; CBR to DHS, and CBR to Epcot IG. Riviera is an intermediate stop on the Epcot line, and you can remain in the cabin when traveling thru Riviera to/from Epcot.

Thanks, joelkfla. I have looked in the very first few pages of this thread, but didn't see this there.

When you get off at CBR, do you have to wait in line again, or will you already "be in line" so to speak since you are just transferring. My Mom uses an ECV and we like to make this easy as possible.

Thanks, joelkfla. I have looked in the very first few pages of this thread, but didn't see this there.

When you get off at CBR, do you have to wait in line again, or will you already "be in line" so to speak since you are just transferring. My Mom uses an ECV and we like to make this easy as possible.

You will have to wait in line again, but with the exception of park closing immediately after fireworks (which is awful in the bus line too), and maybe to a lesser degree at park opening, it is expected there will be little to no lines. Think of how few people sit at bus stops mid day.

Plus, the continuous loading nature can take a full bus load of people every 3 minutes or so.

And the real improvement will likely be the increased capacity for ECVs, which frankly have a very rough wait for the busses sometimes. And, they make each bus departure much slower, to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter