Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

A fun fact ... this may have already been posted in this thread but I’ll post it again for fun 😊💕
Von Roll Seilbahnen AG is the company that built the original Skyway. Doppelmayr the company that is building the Skyliner bought them

😊🎉💥 18 more sleeps until the Skyliner officially opens

8A7D6998-C759-4B69-BF39-989169FDDF11.png

I suspect walking will be the solution....

I can see the Skyliner being as much an attraction as a means of transportation. Expect wait times during peak period will be enough that guest will need to know before getting there. Adding Skyliner to MDE might solve a number of potential issues. Like with other attractions MDE can warn about "down times".... but then if it's not running you should be able to see that long before getting to the station.

Restarts after weather related shut downs and park closing should be the only times a line builds. The Skyliner hourly capacity is the equivalent of a full bus departing every ~75 seconds. Being outside of security likely keeps curiosity riding down as people aren't going to want go back thru security.

The first photos I saw of the "ventilated" shirts I thought it was a good idea.

These photos on Castmembers though... makes them look like Pilgrims!
456801963c2d793b422d18d92374d0a2.gif

Awe, thanks for the view of 20,000 leagues and Toad’s Wild Ride. Man, the Cake Castle was just hideously ugly.
When did the MK Skyliner close? I honestly dont remember it at all but we were there for the birthday cake castle :oops:

I don't know... having guest walk another 3/4 mile didn't stop them from moving the Studio buses.

I expect the Skyliner is going to only be an auxiliary means of transportation. If there was a plan for buses behind the IGW... they would have factored that into their construction. Because it will be a very common thing to see the Skyliner go down.
What are you basing this on? They wouldn't be spending the money they are spending to make it an auxiliary means of transportation. It's obviously going to be the primary means of transportation from the resorts it serves! It's also not going to be very common to see it go down, if you have ever been around any other gondola system you would certainly know that.

I thought of the Skyliner becoming the primary transportation to the points it serves.

At least a year should be allowed to determine its success (being expanded to more destinations) or failure (other kinds of systems investigated and selected for additional needs).

What are you basing this on? They wouldn't be spending the money they are spending to make it an auxiliary means of transportation. It's obviously going to be the primary means of transportation from the resorts it serves! It's also not going to be very common to see it go down, if you have ever been around any other gondola system you would certainly know that.

While I agree it will be the primary transportation from the affiliated resorts, I do believe there will be more down time than other gondola systems due to weather. Summer storms just seem to gravitate to Disney, and our storms often contain dangerous lightning and torrential rain, as well as strong wind gusts. I don’t think we will see much in the way of downtime from, say, December through May, which is our dry season. That’s when I plan to ride it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!